Coffee 6-1-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 6:19 am

How did it get to be June so fast?

Good morning. Yup, the coffee is fresh & hot, made with good ol' Maine well water. Ahhhh.... None of those city chemicals. Always the best for anyone that walks through these doors! How about scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese & toast? We got some home made raspberry jelly!

Today..... yard work. It's either fun or work, your mental choice.

Maybe next weekend a trip to north camp. This weekend is a small get together to remember my late wife Marty..... 5 years ago yesterday she left our sight. Wow..... time does get behind us in it's own way.

Hug your loved ones..... forward!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 6:28 am

Hi everyone

Some nice weather yesterday and today after having severe storms every afternoon. It’s been rough around here, lots of lightning, hail, and a few small tornados. The forecast for tomorrow shows it starting all over again.

A tri-axle load of stone to tailgate, truck maintenance and mowing the lawns will be on the docket for today. My oldest will be 4 on the 19th loves baseball, so we will go back into Altoona again for another AA ballgame this evening. I really enjoy it myself too.

Enjoy the Summer before it’s gone.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 7:29 am

Good morning all,

Yes, June it is and before we know it, it will be heating season again so better get that stove/furnace/boiler gone over awhile... yeah I procrastinate too. It's Water Week here with a lot of associated activity involving clean water, water shed alliances etc, I'm involved mostly because of my occupation so it will be a busier week for me yet. Enjoy the Day...

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 7:35 am

Well, smoking hot down here, all the rain and tornado's ect. have been training North and West of us......Finally got a weekend to do my stuff after 2 weddings out of town in a row, 1 up in Culpeper, Va. But......gotta go get my bow which has been restrung, an hour away.....and my granddaughter has a dance recital at 4.....not much time for me in between....new screened in porch roof will have to wait, and getting the boat out and cleaned up for tomorrow will have to be an in the morning thing.
Finally down to the home stretch on the job I have had since last Oct. Kinda blew holes in my handyman for several well to do people. This was my 27th week for the same well to do lady. It will launch our new business I hope, still buying equipment for the cabinet shop. Time will tell.
Have a great weekend everyone, and take fly dope Freddy, my brother was trout fishing yesterday(in Maine) and they were fierce by his description.

Kevin

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 7:42 am

:out:

Good morning. About all I can do is say hello before I blast off for a Little League game. Heat pump is taking the chill off this morning, oil boiler is roaring making DHW. Thinking I might scrap the oil unit altogether and just put in an electric water heater. More on that later. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 7:45 am

Mornin'
It's coffee for me, Freddy, thank you. June already-maybe we will have a dry Summer. Sure has been a very 'wet' Springtime. Daffodils & tulips bloomed, and gone, lilacs & rhododendrons in bloom now.
For sure, 'time' flies faster, the older you are. Best to try to relax, and enjoy it.
Cheers

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 8:42 am

Freddy,I will never forget the "Marty's Bus" Thread!
We are a Collection of Who,What and Where We've been in Life. You are well to have that Get-Together with some Fine Folks! Keep it Going,Mainah!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 8:49 am

Good day all, Only coffee for me Freddy!!
Freddy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 6:19 am
Today..... yard work. It's either fun or work, your mental choice.
Boy you are so right Freddy, I started mine yesterday morning with the help of my daughter ( she definitely thinks its work :lol: ) and with any luck I will have it complete by tomorrow with some help from Mother Nature!!
Not really anything new over here but I'm ok with that.
Have a good week people and enjoy. :)

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 9:31 am

Good Morning All....

Its been a decent stretch of weather here, we have been avoiding the damaging storms and getting enough rain to keep the grass healthy but not enough to turn it into a mud pit. I'm conflicted....I like the rain for our grass here at home but wouldn't mind a dry spell to keep the grass at the chapel / cemetery from growing so fast. A very small group of volunteers keep it cut and it has been a 1/wk thing so far.

Watch out for that yard work stuff....I picked up a 40V pole saw two weeks ago (same battery pack as my trimmer) and it was real nice to use last saturday....I kept finding limbs to cut for about an hour. The good news is I won't have to worry about head banging while riding around on the tractor. The bad news is that hour of cutting resulted in about 4 hours of limb dragging to the brush pile and wore me out. Leg and back pain all week! :o Man that thing will make a big pile of limbs quick!! :what:

Off to check out the A/C at the church which isn't working. I am betting on a bad motor start cap and will swap it out this morning and see if it gets the office area cool again. I have one here as a spare as its the same spec as our home unit.

Have a great day!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 12:25 pm

and while you are there put in a hard start capacitor. My Trane XL is 25 years and still going.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Jun. 01, 2019 9:25 pm

I'll have to read up on what a hard start capacitor is...the one i replaced was a start/run capacitor so I thought that gave the motors a kick start voltage then dropped off to the lower farad rating for the run function. :?

Anyway, replaced the cap and the thing was running again. I am not sure the air was as cold as it should have been but I couldn't wait around to see how it settled out. I will check it on Monday when I will be around.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jun. 02, 2019 7:33 am

Mornin all. Late for a change!! LOL Sunny w/ callin for rain later--imagine that!!! Did a lil mowin yesterday--hope to finish today. Don't seem to have the umphhhh I had last summer--night temps still in upper 30's low 40's--the old HITZER continues to idle!!!!!!!!!!!!

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Jun. 02, 2019 8:19 am

T

Don't leave home without it

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Jun. 03, 2019 7:48 am

Thanks CN....
I have never really studied it but all these years I thought that capacitor I have replaced a few times on different units WAS a start cap too but it turns out it is a run capacitor ONLY. :what: Looked at the schematic for our home unit that was put in in 2017 and the START cap/relay is optional and not there, so I will be getting a kit.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jun. 03, 2019 8:13 am

T

As it under some sort of warranty use the kit recommended by the manu. Make sure the run cap is grounded before sticking our fingers in the unit but then you know that or have straighter hair by now. Of course, those HVAC crooks could have told you that when they installed it. About now they would be telling you that you need a new one. Oh WAM, you do not live in OC where all the crooks are centered. If the unit is not working right look for that minihack saw leak they created in the freon line. We have all the best crooks with the finest tricks.

Return to “The Coffee House”