You really don't know how good you have it...

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. May. 14, 2019 9:03 am

...until you see how bad it can be. I had to change from hotel to motel yesterday because it was getting a little expensive... this room is only $180 :what: . I'm in Philly just on the north side of the convention center which is just across the street.

When I arrived at the motel it was raining really hard and has been on and off since Sat. night. There was a guy outside sitting on a grate with steam coming up, cars are driving by and the water was splashing on him. Not sure if that is the smartest thing to do because the convention center spans multiple blocks with street level tunnels for the streets and there was lot of homeless there, at least they were dry. I'd imagine they must make them leave when there was something going on because there glassed conference rooms in these tunnels and places for buses to park. This is only a few blocks from city hall, Macy's etc. so it's not like it's the ghetto.

Was having a smoke this morning and he was still there. A cop was blowing his horn and the guy had to leave. Just went out and had another smoke and he's back. There was another cop walking down the street and I thought he was going to get rousted again, the cop saw him and jaywalked to the other side of the street. Not sure if he was trying to avoid him or not but that's how it appeared to me.

The contrast between the wealth and opulence of the convention center and this guy is just stunning.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. May. 14, 2019 11:43 am

Thanx For This Observation,Mayor! I thought stuff like this was noted by Simple Living Creatures such as myself and Mrs. Ham..... Life in Contrast,Live and in Living Color!

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. May. 14, 2019 12:27 pm

I used to feel sorry for myself because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet.

One of dad's.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Tue. May. 14, 2019 1:59 pm

And a shoe add is at the bottom of the page. They are watching youuuuuuu !

Return to “The Coffee House”