Coffee 5-11-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 11, 2019 6:18 am

Oh yes! The door is always unlocked.... step through & join us for a moment. The coffee is hot & Pancakes & bacon are near the griddle. There's still a bit of neighbor made maple syrup. Enjoy!

My Axeman 130 is still perking along. It's heating the garage & cellar. We had frost three mornings this week.

No good deed goes unpunished. ;) I'm fixing up an old Wheelhorse garden tractor/mower to give to a friend.... rebuild the carb, sharpen the blades, etc. The last thing, I noticed the rear tires a bit low on air. I almost let it go.... figured it would give the friend something to do. Naaaa, I grabbed an air chuck. As I start to add air I hear bubbling & realize the tires are full of calcium liquid. No biggie....until I let off the chuck & Psssss.... it starts peeing liquid across the room! I put my finger over the stem & stopped it. I managed to roll it forward & get the stem pointed up..... it didn't stop! OK..... let it leak as I screw the cap back on. I remove the wheel, lay it flat with stem up. I go to remove the cap & the corroded stem breaks off! Now it's peeing up in the air. LOL I got an oil pan under it & stopped things from getting even worse. So....a new tube & two hours work. Sheesh!

Hope you all have a smooth weekend.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 11, 2019 6:44 am

Mornin all, outstanding b-fast choice Freddy--leavin some home churned butter. Speakin of Wheel Horses, thought I had a spindle go on 48" deck--happily it was just a pulley--fixed & back up & doin what she does best, :) Wet & damp here all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gets old!! Oh well, fillys get bigger it seems each day. Enjoy the week-end all. 75 today!!! Who-da-thunk!! LOL

Attachments

014.JPG
.JPG | 59KB | 014.JPG
013.JPG
.JPG | 53.5KB | 013.JPG

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 11, 2019 7:05 am

Mornin',
Ahhh, good coffee, Freddy. Thank you. Freddy, loaded tires on a garden tractor??? Wow-surprise!
FF- With those two little 'ladies' you have, you might not need a mower! Just a 'poopa-scoopa!

And a 'Happy Mothers Day' to all the wonderful 'Moms' out there.
Cheers

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. May. 11, 2019 7:18 am

Good Morning everyone ! Finally get to see a sunny day (work work work) great breakfast !!! Traded in the old John Deere 650 for a nice Massy Ferguson!!!! Got a good trade in and price on new leftover 18 !!! Will add pics once I get It home !! Have an awesome weekend everyone !!

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. May. 11, 2019 7:19 am

Almost forgot 😞 don’t forget MOM this weekend !!!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 11, 2019 7:38 am

Good morning. Big news for the week is that my baby chicks arrived. I ordered Jersey Giants this time - the seller even threw in two extra, and all arrived safe and sound. I probably won't see any eggs until Thanksgiving, but that's alright. I wanted some birds that would lay big eggs, not fly over the fence, and be able to handle the cold weather. Based on what I read, Jersey Giants checked all the boxes.

Fred - Good work getting the mower back in action for short $. I just finished the 300 hour service on my zero turn...almost $200 for the hydro fluid, filters, spark plugs, and gaskets. Thankfully it won't need any of those things again for another 8 years.

We got a lot of rain yesterday, and most of my lawn is still pretty soggy...which stinks, because it is due for its first mowing.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 11, 2019 9:53 am

Good Post Graduation Morning,Gang!
Yesterday was an Amazing Day to be a Dad!
Actually,Every Day is,but some are Better than Others! Mrs. Hambden and I got to Witness Our Youngest make the second walk for her Master's Degree Diploma. Note-both Girls received All Their Brain Genetics from Momma,not me! I am still in a Humbled Awe of it All. What a Long Road. I could've lost her and Ma at the Chardon Shooting when the Kiddo was a Senior and Ma was working there. This is not lost on my Mangy,Old Rear-End. Now,enough horn blowing,and back to Freddy's!
I'll ask All of You to enjoy the weekend!!

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. May. 11, 2019 11:22 am

Morning, had scrapple this morning, fixed the sprayer and got the apple trees their 1st spraying. About 5 weeks ago I grafted some apple scions onto some rootstock. I’m 4 for 4 this year, they all took. One is a stayman winesap, I have a 40 year old one that is dying slowly, so I’m starting a new one. One is a liberty. One is a pound apple from an old orchard in Potter county PA, the last one is an unknown variety from the same orchard. The orchard was probably started in the 1890’s and abandoned around 1915. I found an aerial photograph from 1938 that shows the orchard well defined. I think I might do a couple a year to try and save the orchard. It’s hard to get good grafting scions from the old trees. Dennis

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. May. 11, 2019 12:29 pm

It will have to be brunch here for me, ran out this AM and never checked in.

Sorry to laugh at your predicament with the tire Fred, but I can’t help it. All I could think about was the time I needed to put a new seal in a Peterbilt power steering box. I plugged the lines and was going to use the pressure as I turned the engine over to lift the old seal up out. I hung onto the starter button just a millisecond too long and... the engine roared to life and not only blew the seal out but shot a fountain of hydraulic oil all over the shop, the truck, and of course me. Two hours of clean up for 5 seconds of engine time...what a brilliant idea that was.

Still working at polishing up the shiny stuff on my tri-axle this morning. I should take a break from that now and go mow the yard - it’s gonna rain.

Have a great week.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. May. 13, 2019 10:05 pm

So Mothers day got to be a bit exciting...
Went to see the 'rents for Mothers day/birthday party...
A bit hurried out the door...
Forgot to do something...
Lived to see another day...
Gotta love the Hitzer quality build...

Attachments

Hot 3.jpg
.JPG | 404.5KB | Hot 3.jpg
Hot1.jpg
.JPG | 461.3KB | Hot1.jpg

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. May. 14, 2019 6:07 am

Yikes! Glad You Survived This One!!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 18, 2019 5:55 am

Man, oh man! That's one hot stove. Glad it ended OK.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Indeed Tyler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “The Coffee House”