Coffee 5-4-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 04, 2019 6:52 am

Good day! Come in, the coffee is hot. I'm not late.... I was too early. I went to breakfast with Scotty at 5:30. Good home fries!

OK, Spring is certainly here, mud season almost behind us. Who is still burning coal? Me! Me! Not much longer though.

Hope you all have a smooth & productive day.

Off we go!

Attachments

20190504_054742[1].jpg
.JPG | 394.7KB | 20190504_054742[1].jpg

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 04, 2019 7:02 am

Good morning. We got a lot of rain this week, which really kicked the grass into gear. At this rate I might have to mow the lawn next weekend. My dad and brother are still burning coal. I am running on oil and a heat pump. Once baseball and lawn mowing season starts, I am grateful to not have any extra chores. Today is the opening day of Little League - thankfully the snow is gone and the grass is green

In other news - my plow truck was dead in the driveway two weeks ago, and I determined that the starter was locked up. First bolt I tried to back out snapped off in the bellhousing. Great... I had dad tow me to a local shop that seems to specialize in working on old rusty vehicles. They used the impressive technique of breaking the starter motor right off the mounting flange - which gives very easy access to the other two bolts. Heat & and an impact wrench had me back in business in less than an hour.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. May. 04, 2019 7:04 am

Howdy howdy

Thanks for preparing a mighty meal Fred.

Had an awful thunderstorm blow up late yesterday afternoon just as I was going to leave the shop. Nickel-size hail, about 3-4 minutes of it mixed with I think the most powerful rain I have ever witnessed. I had to sweep water back out of the scale house, what a mess. I fear for the few newly sprouted corn fields, I’m afraid they might have been shattered to pieces.

Not much to report here. Still spreading some lime and polishing trucks up after a long Winter. May go look at a few chassis for sale later today.

Have a great week.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 04, 2019 7:45 am

Good Morning,Gang! Seems We've formally shifted from Snow to Monsoon Season here! It also seems that the Lake called Erie has set up it's own weather machine and has been pushing strong NE wind,causing flooding in the Sandusky Bay and Western Lake Port Towns like Port Clinton. Nice.... Coupled with it being 20* Degrees colder at the Shore,You end up with a nice,miserable and clammy time! Eh,atleast it's not snow!
Freddy,nice breakfast Pic! That sure looks like something Freetown Fred smashed together fer 'Ya back in the Galley! Bottom Line,make it Yours and hug Your Loved Ones,as Our Fabulous Freddy always Advises!!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 04, 2019 8:01 am

Mornin'
Good looking breakfast plate, Freddy! Homefries-you gotta love 'em. I see you like raisin' toast. I have raisin' toast with my 3rd cuppa coffee, in a few minutes, after I finish typing this out. Let me point you to some real good raisin bread. It's called "Oregon Trail". We get ours at Sam's Club, and I believe 'Market Basket' also has it. It is really loaded with raisins, and a heavy dough, like home made bread.
Everyone, stay dry, stay healthy, and have a good week-end.
Cheers

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. May. 04, 2019 8:06 am

Good morning gents and how’s everything ? Very good grub Freddy it hits the spot :yes:
All good on my end, 1st week back to work after our 3 day Florida and a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise which was a very good time and would definitely do it again!!
I did manage to get the grass/ mud field mowed for the 1st time this season!! I hear it rained everyday when we were gone and it definitely looks like it, we had rain 2 days for 10 minuets each day do I’m not going to complain :D
Camping season started this weekend with some rain yesterday and hopefully none today just hoping that’s not a sign of how the season is going to be.
Have a wonderful weekend and a safe week to come :)

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. May. 04, 2019 8:24 am

Good Morning everyone, haven’t been on in a Bit been working a lot, and trying to get ready for mowing season ! Shut down the stove a few weeks ago and pulled the motors and vacuumed out and brushed on oil, now it’s just been raining keeping the ground soaked and muddy, have a great weekend I got roped into working 12 hour days the next 3 ugh !

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. May. 04, 2019 8:48 am

Mornin’ all. We have a damp day here as well. We are going to a mid-day picnic later so I hope it doesn’t rain. The Keystoker still burns 24/7/365, gotta have hot water; cold showers suck.

Breakfast looks great Freddy but I must pass so I can eat more at the aforementioned picnic.

Lots to do this week, the grass grows like crazy, wife has doctors’ appointments and vehicles are in constant need of repair or maintenance. I just put a new radiator in the Tahoe, it appears the plastic tank decided to crack, luckily at the top, and the washer fluid reservoir was losing fluid for months so I figured I would address that while I had the front end ripped apart. It turned out to be a washer pump that went bad and was leaking. Cheaper than a cracked tank. Now the H3 needs a thermostat; it never ends.

Everyone have a great weekend and if you drink a beer for me I’ll drink two for you, you can’t beat that deal.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. May. 04, 2019 10:33 am

One rear wheel completely and dramatically fell off the Dixie Chopper diesel and a new wheel is $250 ... that was fun and nearly my a$$. These monsoons have caused a leak on one of the roofs.... got that fixed but black mold is in the sheet rock and so off it comes only to notice squirrel damage to the romex. With 11' ceilings I had to rent a lift and rip out the romex and replace with MC armored.

and so on
and so on
and so on
and so on

It never ends. Who has time for breakfast? A creeping crack in the 6" central black iron plumbing drain is giving me nightmares. My theory is that even plumbers hate plumbing. It could be worse, I could be under attack by the Taliban in A. or worse still own an H3. Now I feel more cheerful, things could be worse. :D

Yes, you guessed it .... I am getting to old for this chit.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Nice b-fast pix Freddy--I had exactly the same--this woman is an excellent cook!!! :) HB, you knockin my cookin??????????????????? If ya only knew. LOL Simon, talkin about getting to old--got 2 5 mos. Belgium filly's last week--one is mellow as mellow can be--the other has a hoppin & almost kickin problem--wellllllll, I approached her this AM & shortly there after--went & got a broom handle--I'm thinkin she's gonna do fine after a couple more sessions! I'm guessin they're pushin 400-450 lbs right now. Enjoy the week-end all--PS-got some mowin done---mostly to wet.

Attachments

008.JPG
.JPG | 42.3KB | 008.JPG
010.JPG
.JPG | 48.2KB | 010.JPG
013.JPG
.JPG | 37.9KB | 013.JPG

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sat. May. 04, 2019 7:48 pm

You be careful freetown, they got 2 more toe's than you. Besides there a few year's younger, move faster than old bones!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. May. 05, 2019 4:50 am

Thank you FF, at last some real news I can pay attention to. Let's have regular pics as they will grow fast. Remember, Shelley needed 80+ stitches to her right eye and forehead 2 years ago as her horse was faster than she was. That also was a hoppin' & almost kickin' problem. Pay careful attention and remember that women are the source of all the worlds problems. I like the broom handle approach, does it work on women?

Went to Montgomery Park horse show yesterday and watched a 60+ year old woman get launched over the fence of the warm up ring by her horse. B4 she took one step into the ring I could have told you she was in real trouble. I could have warned her but I am 75 and women stopped listening to me 76 years ago.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. May. 05, 2019 6:48 am

You guys are too much! The way I deal with horses is to look across the street at the neighbors horses and occasionally ponder “gee, I wonder what horse meat tastes like”

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sun. May. 05, 2019 7:52 am

I am with gaw, but I prefer at least to streets and a car window in between....

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. May. 05, 2019 9:26 am

Well..... FFred,nobody makes a better Cowboy Coffee than You! Oh,my Policy on those Four-Leggers is simple. They are amazing,but anything that size and strength can turn You inside out! Use Your head so they can't!!!

Return to “The Coffee House”