COFFEE-4-27-2019

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 8:23 am

Mornin',
I don't cook, but I have the coffee pot on! Freddy left the door open for us. He maybe is filling sandbags to stop the water flooding. Or, he's on vacation with 'Uncle Billy's' $15k inheritance!!!
Gonna be a wet week-end. When the sun comes out, we'll be mowing grass, for sure.
Have a safe week-end, all.
Cheers

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 8:38 am

Morning all,

Thanks for opening the door D!

So far every day that I can mow it's been wet and soggy. I have some grass and weeds that are 3 feet high! A lot of rain here yesterday but overnight and today it is dry and windy. I should be able to mow the area around the house without a problem. I won't venture out on the hill though.

A lot chillier than it has been this morning. The Axeman is pushing heat to a few of the radiators right now.

Have a good week everyone!

-Don

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 10:23 am

Good Morning,Coffee Campers!!
I see that the Board's Off Season Traffic Pattern has arrived! Well,Greetings from the NRA's National Convention! The Old Man flew into visit with Us in Indianapolis,and threw everything into a Tizzy with Flight Path,Highway and General Road Closures for Security. You'll have that... We made plans for it,and weathered it well! Other than the Las Vegas SHOT Show,this is the only place to gain view and hands on exposure to everything available in the Firearms and Support World. Quite Impressive! It takes alot to get me to visit a Major Metro Venue,but We're here!
Whatever You and Yours are doing this Weekend,Rip One Right Off The Top And Make It A Spanker!!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 11:29 am

I checked in but Fred’s griddle was still cold. It is a beautiful day but the 40+ mile an hour wind gusts just completely ruin it. I got home again at 10:30 AM, I had to drive down East of the Alleghenies to pick up a used floater tire in order to have a matching set for dad’s lime truck. He blew one out last week.

The trees are full with green around here, I am going to mow some more grass now but not likely all of it. I want to get things settled down quickly this afternoon, Mrs. Hall and I have tickets tonight for Alabama’s 50th anniversary tour tonight at University Park. I have waited all Winter for this and I’m very excited needless to say!

Have a great week guys

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Yup, D-frost, You called it right. Well, pretty close anyway. I had an 8:45 appointment to distributor inheritance. The kicker I guess was last night we had a BIG ol' thunderstorm & I was up half the night. I got back to sleep just in time to wake up to.... I'm late! So out the door I flew leaving the coffee unattended. Thanks for getting things started.

RAIN! Good gosh, this ain't Florida, we don't need rain like this. I didn't dare go over 55 MPH heading up the interstate. I did make it and now things should settle down.

OK, stand back & watch.... June 2nd is the day.... I'm taking a year off & during that time will decide if I go "back on", or call myself retired. Time will tell. I hope to have more time for North Camp this year.

OK folks, do what you can to make life better & forward we go!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Nice coverin D. :) Snowin here on the hill all day--interesting!!!!!:) Enjoy the week-end all.

Return to “The Coffee House”