Coffee 4-13-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 6:14 am

Hi dee hey! The coffee house is open. Come on in & spend a moment in time. Fresh ground Organic (isn't it all?) coffee and waffle batter ready to hit the iron. Dig in!

Maybe, finally, Spring is going to poke it's shy head in? We had snow 3 times last week, but today is headed into the low 60's. Ahhhh, bring it on.

Who's money is on Tiger Woods? I don't think he'll win the Masters this weekend, but he's not doing too badly.

Another few weeks & night time temps above freezing & I just might shut down the Axeman Anderson. I think I burned about 3 1/2 ton this year. The heat pumps Fall & Spring make a big difference.

Thanks for stopping by. Hug your loved ones..... forward we go.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 6:46 am

Howdy Howdy

Your the best cook ever Fred. The front that came through last evening is bringing us a beautiful day in the 70’s. I had no choice but to mow some grass yesterday, the acre that our lime storage silo sits on gets a lot of sun. This combined with the thick dead mat from us not being able to mow it one last time at the end of last season caused the new shoots to grow like mad. It was pretty thick but mowed up nicely.

I have a drivers meeting to sit through this morning and after that the sky is the limit.

Have a great weekend!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 7:09 am

Hi all and hows things?
Freddy wrote:
Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 6:14 am
Fresh ground Organic (isn't it all?) coffee
I kinda thought so but nowadays how knows :o .
No schedule for today except the dog goes for a hair cut but lots to do by next Tuesday, I have the camper almost ready just a few miner things to do as thats always the case with a RV!!
I shut the Glenwood down last weekend so I am on heat pump heat :no1: We burned just under 6,000LBs last winter so your 3 1/2 tons isn't bad at all Freddy!
Have a great day and stay safe :)

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 7:15 am

Good morning, I am off on this fine Saturday morning. It has been a busy past two days doing personal stuff like hauling the wife around for appointments. Tomorrow is back to work day and some normalcy.

It looks like spring will be making a good run at it in the upcoming week. I dialed the Keystoker back about two weeks ago for summer burning. This goes against Keystoker’s recommendations but I have found it overheats otherwise so a reduction in feed is warranted.

In other good news three out of three vehicles need repair. The latest is a slow coolant leak in the most driven and most important vehicle, the Chevy Tahoe. Initial fear was head issues but I was relieved to find a weeping crack in the plastic radiator tank. A new radiator is on the way but won’t get here to be installed today so that is a next week project.

Until next time; thanks for coffee, I’m skipping breakfast. That’s my new diet plan. :D

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 7:26 am

Mornin',
Outside temp-60* and light rain. Coffee sounds good to me. Thank you, Freddy. Working on the 'Spring cleaning', inside and outside. Have a great week-end, everyone.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 7:51 am

Mornin all--sunshine this AM--holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a Amish neighbor comin over today to get stalls ready for Belgium fillys & add about 1/2 an acre of fencing to pasture--T-posts & fence wire. Other then that--NOTHIN--enjoy the week-end people.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 7:57 am

Coffee,The Most Important Meal Of The Day!

Greetings,Spring-Like Coal Villagers! First post and First 8 o'clock Coffee from Sandusky Bay 2019! I an Truly in Sensory Overload!......

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 8:58 am

Good Morning. A night of warmish spring rain and the green pops out in the grass!
20190413_072928.jpg
.JPG | 158.8KB | 20190413_072928.jpg
It's raining a bit so the dreaded parging job is still on hold... :clap:

The road ditch needs weed wacking but I am waiting on a charger and battery for the Ryobi 40V trimmer to show up today. Either the battery I have is bad and won't take a charge since its only at 15V now or my charger is bad since it is only putting out 20V....or both! I got tired of the yearly 2-stroke trimmer re-build and went battery powered a few years ago, this is its first issue.

Still idling the stoker, its keeping the basement humidity free and drying the laundry!

Have a great day everyone!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 9:37 am

Morning all,

Thanks for the coffee Freddy! That will keep me going for a while. Not a lot going on here today. We have a lot of leaves to burn, but it looks pretty wet out there right now. I'll probably work on the John Deere today. The deck has been growling for about 2 years now, probably a spindle. I'll check the idlers and read the manual to see if it has enough hours to do some service work yet.

Have a good week!

-Don

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 9:45 am

Multi floral rose bushes have been propping up our worn out fencing at the back of the farm for at least 25 years. So the last 2 days with the help of two latino gentlemen I cleared out 500'. Used the Bombardier SW48 to flatten it all, the cabin protected me then the hydraulic blade pulled out the remaining posts. Then the CAT 955 drove 4x4 posts into the holes and bingo we are ready to cross member ... This morning it is a swamp again as it rained all night and no heavy equipment can go onto the land and April showers all next week but we got done what we needed to. The grass is exploding ... here we go again. My hack hurts, I am too old for this chit.

Plenty of Advil and we are taking the Mustang for a spring ride. Gotta get those Blizzaks off.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Apr. 15, 2019 7:39 am

The dog and I were walking around back in the trees yesterday and ran across this guy (or gal...I didn't check). It looks pretty skinny after just waking up from the winter....I hope it found a mouse or three to snack on.
20190414_161027.jpg
.JPG | 128.4KB | 20190414_161027.jpg

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Apr. 15, 2019 10:43 am

Soon enough will be fat again...Prolly better than any cat as for rodent control...chipmunks better keep a lookout.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Apr. 15, 2019 11:13 am

Looks hungry...
Send her over here...

Return to “The Coffee House”