Coffee 3-23-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 7:07 am

Good day fellow coal burners! Step over the threshold and come in for a quick cup of coffee & a bowl of oatmeal with a scattering of brown sugar on top. It'll stick to your ribs & get you through.

Scotty & I both came down with colds on Monday morning....we blame neighbor Sara. I'm almost over it, but Scotty's worse than ever. Poor guy. He's got a big job to do up north starting on Monday & not sure if he's going to make it.

Spring is here for sure. Every day this week was above freezing. The snow is leaving like rats from a sinking ship. Next.... lawn mowers!

Hope you all have a smooth weekend!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 7:13 am

Great!! We've made it to Freddy's! I think I'll have the Fat Boy Special with a quart of Coffee to wash it all down!!
Seems We've entered into the Up's-n-Down's of Early Spring.... I'll take it! Other than that,I'm Hoping All of You get it going the right way today! As Always,Take Care,Gang!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 7:16 am

Good morning. We are starting the day with a few inches of snow, and roaring wind. The higher elevations around us have over a foot of snow so far, a real heavy "sugar snow".

Busy day ahead...taking the boys for haircuts, out for breakfast, baseball clinic at noon, and I think some folks coming over later for pizza.

Take care everyone.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 7:24 am

Mornin',
Thanks for the coffee, Freddie. Had a 'snow shower' over night-grass is covered. Driveway was in 'mud season' for a couple days, but wind & sun drying out slow. Spring is here folks, yard work season.
Freddie & Scotty, take care of those colds.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 8:16 am

Nice b-fast choice Freddy, thanx---nothing new here on the hill. 4" of new snow & still snowin & blowin--- Enjoy the week people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 8:30 am

Out the door at 5:30 AM, Fred’s diner lights were not on when I checked in. Now broadcasting live from Somerset, PA at the truck body company for some minor updates to the delivery truck.

Should be out of here by noon, maybe I will treat myself to some McDonalds or something not so good for me.

Not much going on, it’s cold again 24* and blowing snow. Yuk.

A good weekend to all!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 8:53 am

Good Morning all,

Thanks for the coffee and oats Freddy! Not much going on here today, cold and really windy.

For the past couple years I have been meaning to put 1 or 2 radiators in the basement. I still have the engine hoist rigged into the back of the truck. Maybe I'll get that done today.

Have a good week all,

-Don

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 9:03 am

MOrning all, been a while, coffee was good. Light snow overnight, low 20's. but supposedly 60 by the weekend!!
a lot wood working out in the shop today, finish a cabinet for a friends B&B and some birdhouses for up at the farm. I have to work (lights and sounds) a couple shows down our local restored opera house venue tonight and tomorrow. Busy weekend!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 9:25 am

Good morning all you fine folks,
Cold and windy but sunny so a nice big mug of coffee and a hot fire was a good start to the day :yes: . Got some bit on the fire this morning and I'm still fascinated by the way it swells up and burns. One job I need to do today is replace an aqua-stat that acts up every once in a while by not turning the circulator on... the boiler is hot, the zone and primary circulators are on but not the boiler circulator. Give the aqua-stat a tap and everything is fine. I got one of the hydro-level units so we'll see how that goes.

Well have a most pleasant day all...

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Sat. Mar. 23, 2019 10:42 am

Good morning all.
Well, I've graduated. From crutches, to crutch, and now to a cane. I may venture down to get the stove fired up...or not. Ran a couple errands this am and let me tell you, the hobbling around sucks! Nice and sunny on the mountain today. About 35F right now.
Have a great week everyone!

Return to “The Coffee House”