Coffee 3-16-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 5:42 am

Oh, yes! The coffee is hot & plenty of it. And no it's not green..... that's tomorrow... and that's not coffee, it's beer. Back to today, How about a breakfast sandwich? We have Tomas English muffins, fresh eggs, and some Canadian bacon. Let's do this thing!

I did go to that David Bowie Tribute concert. It was backed up by the Bangor symphony orchestra. Fun! The lead singer not only sounded like Bowie, he also looked like him. Some songs his voice wasn't perfect, but others you'd think Bowie himself was on stage. SO many songs I had forgotten that Bowie had written them. I never did find a date, so my cousin got a free ticket. She enjoyed it more than I thought she might.

A couple of warm days here...maybe Spring is actually going to come. I'm still running the Axeman Anderson, but have turned the heat pumps back on. Not much snow this winter & my solar panels have made more power than usual. I gotta burn the credits!

Hope you all have a smooth weekend.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 6:39 am

Good morning. Just black coffee for me - thanks. I'm headed out the door in an hour to go take another ham radio exam. This one is quite a bit harder than the first one I took, but this license really opens up the door to a lot of other frequencies. After that - its back home to get ready for this evening. We are cooking corned beef, cabbage, and carrots for dinner. Lemon crumb cake for dessert.

Freddy - I am running my heat pump as well. I do not feel like going to get anther load of coal, so I am to stretch what I have. In this weather, there is very little cost difference between the two anyway.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 6:57 am

Hi guys

Glad ya went to the concert Fred... we seen some good ones through the years. We caught ZZ Top about 10 years ago and that was awesome. I wasn’t the biggest KISS fan in the room but a friend scored free tickets so we seen them as well and had a lot of fun. We have seen Charlie Daniels twice now and will for a third time at the end of April because he is along with... wait for it... Alabama! THAT I am looking forward to!

Hope ya do well with the ham exam Rob.

Black coffee and out the door we go. There are a few loads to deliver and the power steering pump was rebuilt and needs bolted back into the old Ford loader tractor... should be good for another 53 years or a million more buckets of coal.

There are some lighting fixture projects around the house here that need dealt with but we will see how I feel later. I am beat.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 7:04 am

Greetings,Working and Testing Types! I'm at again today! Bringing The Crew in here for the Morning Fire-Up sure makes for a Morale Lift! They claim that there's not a Better Breakfast Smash! The power comes on by now less than a month at The Bay,so I'm literally earning my way back! May the Rest of You Coal Creatures have a Great Weekend and a Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Will You be burning Green Coal on Sunday? Words like: Hmmm come to mind! Adios,Amoeba's!!

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 7:17 am

Good Morning everyone, coffee and breakfast sandwich with bacon is another great feast, thanks Freddy, glad you enjoyed the Bowie concert ! Got some of that white stuff overnight covering the ground after a couple teaser days of warm weather. Late work day and week for me so you all have a great weekend and Happy St. Patty’s day

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 7:22 am

Mornin'
Coffee sounds good, thank you, Freddy. We had a thunder storm last evening, St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, and, 1st day of Spring on Wednesday. It all sounds good to me. Have a great week-end, all you "Irish" coal brothers & sisters.
Cheers

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 8:16 am

Morning all! Coffee is much appreciated. Had an eventful week. Was wasting some time between work and a church meeting on Monday evening. Riding the motorcycle and checking the mountain roads for snow. Had a deer run across in front of me. Missed the deer but hit the ditch. Left ankle took the brunt of the impact. Picked the bike up and rode home. Went to the Dr next day. Broken fibula in two places and a severely sprained ankle. If it hadn't been for my heavy m/c boots my ankle would've been shattered. Face shield on my helmet was scratched up too. So, here I am wearing "das boot" and hobbling around with a crutch. But I'm very thankful, it could've been much worse. Both stoves are out and the oil has kicked in. I'll give it another week and maybe fire the outdoor boiler back up for a while.
Have a great day and a pleasant tomorrow!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 8:55 am

Not a damn thing new here on the hill. Thanx Freddy! :)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 9:08 am

Morning all,

Thanks for the Coffee Freddy! Good luck on the Ham exam Rob, I'll see you up at 10GHz! No, wait, 10GHz won't make it that far, something about the Earth being in the way. Maybe those Flat Earth guys are wrong? :D

Sorry to hear about your deer incident Art. I hope you bones heal quickly.

Today we will be saying goodby to the Small Gentleman Janitor/EFM stoker boiler. It is heading up North where it can do some real work heating someones home.
IMG_4223.JPG
.JPG | 312KB | IMG_4223.JPG
IMG_4224.JPG
.JPG | 327.1KB | IMG_4224.JPG
Have a good week all!
-Don

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 9:22 am

Good morning people and hows things? Everything good as usual Freddy. Sounds like a good concert Freddy! Well not much going on this weekend except a tournament tomorrow so I guess Its going to be low key weekend :yes: .

Glad its not super serious artbaldoni but getting hurt really sucks.

Have fun people and as always be safe!!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 9:32 am

Coffee and Weetabix is all I am allowed but the world is great today.. Yesterday was 70*, I tuned up both JD mowing tractors, solved a hydraulic problem with one of them and serviced the Dixie Chopper mowing diesel Beast ... life is good. Today marks my 4th attempt to fix the skid steer, horse chit is taking over the place. Ever onwards ... or something like that.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 9:34 am

Good Saturday morning to you all. I get my three day weekend this week.

I have corned beef to make tomorrow and that’s about it for St Patty’s day. I will also be one year older which is about as exciting as hemorrhoid surgery.

An absolutely beautiful day here yesterday but this morning the winds blew in this 40° crap. It’s not bad considering its March but it sure ain’t 70° and sunny like yesterday. I have some yard cleanup ad taxes to finish up as well as 100 other projects to do so hopefully I get something accomplished today or maybe get an early start on the green beer and say “screw it”

Everyone be safe and have a good weekend.

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 9:38 am

Image[/img]Hi guys, speaking of concerts, the Oak Ridge Boys were in Lancaster last Saturday. Great show, they’re getting older,but aren’t we all. I ran out of my 4.2 tons of stove a couple weeks ago, so I got almost 2 tons of nut from a local dealer. Boy this stuff is great, I may switch to nut. Responds quicker when the fire (boiler temperature is low) is low and it starts easier. As a kid we always burned stove so I thought that’s what I should be burning.

On a side note, I’m restoring a 1956 F350 dually. Got the engine in this week. I don’t think I’ll get it finished this year. Dennis

Attachments

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 11:27 am

Hope ya do well with the ham exam Rob
Passed it easily. Tried the Extra level exam also since there is no additional charge to try it once you pass the General exam. Did alright considering I did not prepare for it, but will have to study and take the level 4 exam at a later date. Oh well, I got what I went for, and can now broadcast "worldwide". :yes:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Mar. 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Late breakfast got the skid steer hydraulics apart. Whatdoya know, the reason why the hydraulics is not pumping is the coupling to the pump has no teeth. I am a sensitive HV boy and I am definitely to old for this chit. So I need a coupling and that should not be hard and a new Sunstrand pump (may be hard). Any ideas where I can get a

Sunstrand pump 93 G 15 A31.5L 34047

Attachments

100_1076.JPG
.JPG | 368.5KB | 100_1076.JPG
100_1077.JPG
.JPG | 319KB | 100_1077.JPG
100_1078.JPG
.JPG | 303.5KB | 100_1078.JPG

Return to “The Coffee House”