Coffee 3-2-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 6:38 am

The door swings in. Come find yourself a seat & enjoy a cup of Jo & join us for a moment in time. Waffles are at the ready. You might have to wait a bit....it's not like we can make 20 at once. ;)

Brrrrrr..... Crazy winter. I sure am glad we aren't paying for oil to heat with. These black rocks are the best heat ever!

I'll be in the shop all day. This retirement it killin' me! I reupholster the equipment for the local rehab place. For 20 years now, I pick the stuff up late on Friday & deliver it at 6AM Monday. This might be the last time I do it for them. Time will tell, but I am going to try to take a year off. Starting when? LOL

OK Folks, you know the drill..... Hug your loved ones & forward we go!

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 7:00 am

Good working weekend Freddy ! Waffles and good coffee for that jump start is great Thank You, it’s a balmy 26 here this morning and no wind chill 😁 have a great week and keep those black rocks burning 🔥

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 7:11 am

Mornin',
Waffles are good, with coffee, real good. Freddy, no such thing as 'retirement' in the real world. You collect a pension, spend your savings, and work for 'free'!
Freddy, as you say, "forward we go". Next week, I think, is when the clock goes forward 1 hour, for DST. Have a great week-end everyone.
Cheers

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 7:24 am

I dunno,Freddy! That pesky jet ski may be dialing Your number for some Summer Fun!! It's Great to be able to drop in here,and I didn't have to bring The Crew in this a.m.! Rough Week after last Sunday's Big Blow... on a different note,I'm noticing the very welcome morning light increasing! Next week I'll be swapping that out for some welcome extended evening light! I want it All,and it's coming! May this morning find You All Well!!

Photog200
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & 2 Geneva Oak Andes #517's
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Post by Photog200 » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 8:00 am

Waffles sound good Freddy, got some homemade maple syrup to top'em off. Always have to make an extra waffle for the dog, he loves them too.

I hear ya about retirement, two month after I retired Dad fell and was gone 3 months later. Have been taking care of Mom's place ever since. (5 years now) Freddy's got it right, hug yer loved ones tight, you never know how long ya got them for.

Randy

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 8:07 am

Good Morning....
French toast for breakfast down here this morning. Drippy and damp and nasty outside this morning, hope it clears out like they say.

Got some running around today looking at a small loader and then stopping by the parents to make sure all is ok with them at their place. With the slop coming sometime tomorrow thought I'd get the running around done today.

Some lower temps coming this week so the coal pile will shrink a little more. There should be plenty to last the season even if we have to burn well into April.

Have a great day.

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 8:14 am

Yummy!
Snow Thursday night, Friday night, and another 4-8 scheduled for Sunday night. I'm ready for spring. I'll miss tending the stoves, but will gladly exchange that for motorcycle riding. Who here knows how to relieve gout? get it occasionally in my big toe, but it hit my ankle on Thursday night. Dang, it hurts. Home remedies? 1, 2, 3, go!
Best to all you rock burners!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 8:19 am

Good morning everyone. It has been zero almost every morning this week, but this morning we are having a heat wave of 13 degrees with full sun. I was too lazy to take out ashes and bring in coal last night, so I turned the heat pump on to stretch things until this morning. House is warm, floors are cold. Glad I am not going through the entire winter like this.

No hockey this weekend...first time since first week of November. I think we are going to relax for a while!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 8:39 am

I am late. The Lions Wing Night wiped me out last evening. We are now running 5 fryers at once instead of 4. I’m not sure how many we served but it was many.

If I ever do make it to the garage I’m a bit unsure what needs done, though there is always something needing repair. This weather is getting me down, I just hope that March gets it out of its system. I’m ready to mow grass.

This afternoon I need to go up to the old house to do some work. Looks like we will be doing some renovations there in order to get it fit for a rental. I don’t want to be a slum-Lord so it needs fixed up some.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 9:03 am

Good morning all!

Great coffee as always Freddy. Winter has returned to the tropics down here at the PA/MD line. It probably won't get much above freezing all next week. The Axeman has become a little boring, take the ashes out every 6 days, make sure the auger is buried in coal and it does it's thing.

Have a good week everyone,

-Don

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 10:27 am

Well I am a little late, but that is our winter weekends. The bride has been retired for a year now, and with her Mom going to her apt after broken hip, and humerus and 4 weeks in rehab her new full time job is her Mom. Snow coming tomorrow, not much but will trash the vehicles I wash today. Trying to get the ambition up to crawl under the wife's Venture to change the oil and filter, we'll see. The wind brought down one hell of a big branch last week, missed the coal pile and shed so all is good till spring. Guess I will have to get the old Homelight 140 running again.

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Morning all,left the house at6 am to meet a guy to get some Jeep frame repair parts 1/2 price. I’m thinking I like Craig’s list , was in Myrtle beach last week and missed the big wind till I got home,son was out of power 3 days , dad has shingles out,pine tree down.Vacation over!!! And yes gout sucks I was I spent 2 days on crutches about a month ago. Have a good week all.

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Rescued "The Old Grey Mare" Now she's nice and toasty beside the Crane 404!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Well, I "answered the call" to do my civic duty this week :eh: , seems the County DUI task force was training a new group of student police officers and they needed volunteers to be test subjects for the hands on testing. Nine of us in a room, being supervised of course, consuming copious amounts of adult beverages :D ... and then run through the traditional sobriety tests. Turned out to be a rougher day than I expected... 1st I don't drink that much at any one time and 2nd I don't generally drink at 9:00 in the morning. We all had fun and hopefully the students learned enough and it was a good indicator as to why I stay home when consuming. :yes:

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Great b-fast choice Freddy--thanx!! Not recommended by anybody--BUT---ya can't keep an old country boy & his 4X4 separated for long!! Right foot is in better shape then the left--anywho--headed out for town & recycle at the Town barn--1 hr.--WHUPPED, but damn it felt good just getting out & breathin some fresh air & cruising the back roads!!!! Enjoy the week-end people. :)

Return to “The Coffee House”