Coffee 3-2-2019

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Since I got here late but there are a few waffles laying around, I'll take mine with some ice cream on them.

Been a while but so glad to see that cranky old coot from the middle of NY posting on here.......
Felt good to get outside didn't it Fred ?? Just don't over do it and I'm sure the new Hitzer Commander will make sure you don't.

Been crazy here the past several months. But I did manage to take a week off to go snowmobiling to Eagle Lake, ME in Feb. And from the reports I continue to see up there, I'm working my butt off to make another trip north the end of the month. Just not sure how far north. Might "settle" on the Western Mountains for a shorter ride there. The weather reports will determine where we end up.

And it makes it easier with the old AA 260 still purring along. Possibly this spring/summer I will finally replumb the oil burner and eliminate the mess of pipes that still connect it inline.

Back to work......

Rick

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 6:53 pm

well better late than awol ...weather sucks ....have plenty of coal to get me thru...have to build block walls around the concrete pad for my coal bin...no more dumping on the ground {big mistake} ... been sifting all winter getting small stones out ...then late may early june call the coal jockey and get some good lehigh nut..well enough rambling have a good week all and keep em burning. BUFFALO BOB...

ps goodto hear ur doing better F FRED dont over do it the word is heal...

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Feels good to know you are back to the world of living, Fred.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 7:45 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Mar. 02, 2019 1:53 pm
Great b-fast choice Freddy--thanx!! Not recommended by anybody--BUT---ya can't keep an old country boy & his 4X4 separated for long!! Right foot is in better shape then the left--anywho--headed out for town & recycle at the Town barn--1 hr.--WHUPPED, but damn it felt good just getting out & breathin some fresh air & cruising the back roads!!!! Enjoy the week-end people. :)
Great progress FF good to hear you're up and patrolling Freetown once again!!! :clap:

I think you had an extra 'n' in that sentence near the end because by recycle I bet you mean drink beer, pee beer ?? :lol:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 8:13 am

This is Good News indeed,FFred! Just don't scare the crap out a Donna by Gypsy'n out on Your own without lettin' her know! Houdini even let somebody know when he was going to dissappear!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 8:41 am

He's baaaaaack.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 9:39 am

Oh Yeah!! I do believe that Galley Scaliwag will be in Full Force,going forward,here,in the Coal Zone!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 10:12 am

Apparently really over did it yesterday--left foot blew up like a balloon--probably a Creator reminder about what a dumb ass I can be!!! LOL Kept foot elevated along with new antibiotics yesterday afternoon & last night,& this AM--swelling is down. Live & learn!!!

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 2:06 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 10:12 am
Apparently really over did it yesterday--left foot blew up like a balloon--probably a Creator reminder about what a dumb ass I can be!!! LOL Kept foot elevated along with new antibiotics yesterday afternoon & last night,& this AM--swelling is down. Live & learn!!!
Ya know the Creator is probably pretty busy with so many dumbazz'es to keep up reminders with... so as a help we here at the coal board can take over the FF dumbazz reminder service if you want!! :angel:

We'll have to institute a take a number policy since there will probably be a line forming for this!! :lol:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Mar. 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Good evening friends, well better late then never I guess. I see your working hard at your retirement Freddy :lol: . This has been my fun project for the last 7 days :no1: for all you like to fix *censored* guys out there!!
The machine I run had a bearing go south and since I have worked on this one before the repair Departments Manager and long time friend recruited me to help in this 250+ man hour endeavor, I normally don't like to evolve myself with this kind of *censored* anymore but seeing that he is 70 years old and his side kick is 65 I couldn't say no!
IMG_0567.JPG
.JPG | 886.3KB | IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG
.JPG | 820.3KB | IMG_0571.JPG
You have to disassemble 80% of the headstock to get to the bearing(which we replaced 17 years ago) and to remove one of the drive shafts you need to remove the gear and bearings simultaneously as the gear box( or transmission as you may call it ) is being removed :x , its a very well built machine but Its German and a giant PITA to work on!
You better take it easy FF as you don't want to end up back in the hospital now do you? I know how you feel though I can't sit still for 2 minutes without thinking of crap to do :D Ok friends take care and enjoy the week to come!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Mar. 04, 2019 9:33 am

So what does the machine do...
FF ya never know what the limits are...
Till you cross the line...
Just ease up on that line next time...

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Mar. 04, 2019 9:44 am

My cousin and I used to fix things on the drilling rig in Texas that usually required a mechanic coming out of Okl City.
Our pet phrase was." It took a team of German engineers 2 weeks to figure out how to make this harder to fix." It would seem that you concur....

Kevin

FF, I never healed unless I was pushing the envelope. Keep pushing.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Mar. 04, 2019 11:03 am

As we were due to about 10" getting the Bombardier SW48 working. Gelling up is a bitch to recover from..... NEVER again. Then on to fixing a cracked exhaust manifold Then it was 5 hours trying to fix the skid steer... I still got air in the hydraulics ... again what a bitch.... that is still work in progress. L5 in my back today says no more please.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Mon. Mar. 04, 2019 7:48 pm

KLook wrote:
Mon. Mar. 04, 2019 9:44 am
Our pet phrase was." It took a team of German engineers 2 weeks to figure out how to make this harder to fix." It would seem that you concur....

Kevin

Yes I do concur Kevin :D
CapeCoaler wrote:
Mon. Mar. 04, 2019 9:33 am
So what does the machine do...
Its a large horizontal boring mill ( kinda like a milling machine but without all the limitations ) it bores gearbox housings, drills and taps,mills all kinds a stuff, and cuts gear teeth at times.

Return to “The Coffee House”