Coffee 2-23-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 6:24 am

Be quick on the door, old man winter is trying to get in. He can't stop the hot coffee and warm house, though....we are coal driven! By geepers, it's French toast day! Let's beat those eggs and put this Mom's recipe home made bread to a good use. For those with a heart surgeon on their speed dial, we have sausage and bacon too. Yeehaaa!

I fell in love this week....then was crushed. My blood pressure has been running high so Monday I went to see the Dr about it. He couldn't see me so they ran me through walk in care. The CNA that too my vitals signs was sweet! I had never seen her before and we seemed comfortable with each other. After my appointment I saw her in the hall & asked her for a date. She didn't say no.... actually seemed interested, but had to decline as the rules say no dating patients. Darn ethics commission! Oh, and....they put me on a different med & the pressure is some better.

OK.... Springs coming....I think. Take care folks & forward we go.

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 6:46 am

Good Morning Freddy French Toast is awesome and Bacon & Sausage !!!! Busy day ahead waiting on the temperature to raise some so I can change the rear brakes on the truck !! Have a great day all !!!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 6:53 am

Good morning everyone

One more week of February, this is the last weekend. The first twelve days of March can be a bugger too but at least the end is near. Soon we will have to be careful how much coal we haul in to avoid sitting on it all Summer.

That’s a real bummer Fred, talk about a way to let the air out of a guys balloon! Perhaps you may cross paths again and things could be different, ya just never know.

I survived the maiden voyage in “Project CJ” last evening... I drove to Woodbury and picked up a pizza. I told Brittany if I didn’t return in a half hour that she should come look for me. I not only made it there to pickup the said pizza but I even made it home too! It is very slow, very loud, but it’s AWESOME! It is a ton of fun to drive, the steering is very tight for its age and it handles well. I think top speed is 45 but it feels like you are doing Mach 3 so what the heck. It makes me appreciate my more modern Jeeps a little more... I can’t wait to start wrenching on this thing.

The wall is poured in the coal bin, Union Steward wants today off so that is good. We are done making dirt so I think this afternoon I will hose the basement down and clean things up a little. I have a coal delivery to get out this morning and see how it goes from there.

Have a great week!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 7:24 am

Mornin',
The coffee is always good, thank you, Freddy. Spring is just around the corner(4wks.) The driveway is in 'mud season' during the day, and, freezes at night. A slow meltdown is good. Cold weather coming up for next week. Take care, everyone.
Cheers

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 7:54 am

French toast and coffee sound good!
Been springlike here the last couple days. Wednesday was 8" of snow, Thursday was 45f. The small but mighty Crane 404 in the basement has lost its light. Makes it 75f in the house, waaaay too hot for me. I'll give here a good cleaning and start looking for a solution to the warped, cracked firepot for next season. Not gonna pull anything apart yet, we could go back to winter again at any time.
Enjoy the day all!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 7:58 am

CoalJockey wrote:
Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 6:53 am

The wall is poured in the coal bin
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 8:19 am

Great b-fast choice Freddy. Thanx!!! On home oxygen now--had 2 stay in hospital for 2 days to qualify--sadly I passed with flying colors--enjoy the week-end people!! :)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 8:26 am

Good morning all,

Thanks for the coffee and French toast Freddy! Sorry to hear about your lost love but remember, it cheaper this way. :lol:

Not much go'in on here today, I'll probably play with the Onan generator a bit. Later on someone is coming to to look at the Small Gentleman Janitor/EFM. Maybe it will find a new home?
IMG_4166.JPG
.JPG | 344.4KB | IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG
.JPG | 251KB | IMG_3680.JPG
-Don

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 8:44 am

Just coffee for me this morning. An adventurous day coming up. Tomorrow is rain day so I need to get the skid steer operational before the horse manure pile becomes a swamp. Horses chit come rain or shine.

The skid steer bucket will not operate in any direction... great, just what I needed. I bet it is that damned seat operator presence safety switch, I really have to save up for a new seat. I'll just short the switch out, I am bored with these winter games already. Getting back there at my age is tough. The hydraulic pump is making strange noises, that will be next I bet. I will need to drain out 10 galls of HO and then there is buying the pump. I would really like to have just one day when everything worked. This week the plumbing gave me problems and a minor flood now means spring ceiling fixes.... sigh. At least there is no snow in my forecast.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 9:15 am

coalnewbie wrote: I would really like to have just one day when everything worked.
I hear you! But... if we went back that far we'd be in a cave waiting for the invention of fire. There should be a happy medium somehow!

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 9:21 am

Good morning everyone. Great choice for breakfast Fred. Slow start this morning here. Fire company had a fish fry last night. We were busy to say the least.

Going back to the fire house today to help finish up odds and ends in the new station. So glad that we are on the home stretch. Things are looking nice.

This afternoon I going to my friends house to get my truck back together. The manual transmission broke on it a month ago. So a few bucks later we are almost back on the road.
657E26D6-B53A-4FBE-820C-D23880700773.jpeg

Rear main bearing

Had a really old big coal burner come through the yard this week at work. I was glad the boss let me get some pictures. Nickel Plate Road 757 (steam locomotive) being towed to Bellevue, OH. It will be display restored but not up to running condition. I was amazing to see the beast on the turn table. That turn table in Enola, PA has probably seen a steam loco in 50 years.

Have a great day.
Jason

Attachments

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 9:43 am

WOW!, That is neat! There are also some Youtube videos of it.

-Don

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 10:13 am

StokerDon wrote:
Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 8:26 am

Later on someone is coming to to look at the Small Gentleman Janitor/EFM. Maybe it will find a new home?
Don, that is a lot of boiler & stoker for your asking price. Hopefully it is just what the prospective buyer is looking for.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 11:23 am

Good morning gents, I see theres lots going on this morning everything from broken machinery to broken hearts :lol: Well I started a new job on Monday working 4-12's plus starting out with 4 weeks vacation( anyone with a in demand trade right now the balls in your court! If your not happy where your at nows the time to do something about it. ) which will be very good for the up coming camping season :D, My old place ran into a jam so I was over there this morning to help them out, In my mind Its always good to keep strong ties with places!
Knock on wood everything is working the way it should around here well almost everything, my dash cam I installed last week isn't working in parking mode, I found that the manufacturer was shipping bad power cables so I'm wondering if I get a bad one? Its hooked up right but the camera isn't getting power from a constant 12V source with the ignition off.
Ok everyone have a good week to come and stay safe! :)

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 3:39 pm

goooood morning coal forum.... french toast one of my favorites...along with swagertys sausage... cold and wet here today..just got dug out of about 3" of ice wow what a mess...tell u what thank GOD for coal ash... hell the dogs couldn't walk on it so scraped the snow off the top and spread coal ash then everybody got traction..well enough typing have a good day all and dont run away come spring... B BOB...

Return to “The Coffee House”