Coffee 2-9-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 6:23 am

Good day Folks! Come in out of the chill & find a warm seat. Plenty of fresh coffee & waffles are about to hit the heat.

The Patriots rule! Not the most exciting Superbowl ever, but the ending was as I hoped. I loved the Budweiser commercial where the Dragon took out the entire arena with his fire-breath. HA!

Charlie had his first puff back in 3 years in his AHS 130... took his barometric damper & shot it across the room. Odd.

Scotty comes up with what he calls MT's ..... "Must takes". Like... old 50,000 watt generators & such. Some times they get sold, sometimes they sit here for a year, then go to the junkman as scrap. He had a MT delivered by flatbed this week. Some propane, a battery & it runs.....ans works.... it's a freakin' forklift! Best tool ever! LOL I'll get a pic later today.

Hope you all have a smooth & easy weekend.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 6:51 am

Nice b-fast choice Freddy--thank you!! Other then bein a hurtin puppy--I'm good. Hate this bein laid up, but it beats the alternative!!! LOL Enjoy the week-end people.:)

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 7:01 am

Mornin'
Coffee sounds good, Freddy. Wifey says the wind was howling last night, and the Herald, was making funny noises......ahh huh! Must of been part of the 'Polar Blast' . I was sleeping.
Super bowl is done, nothing 'til next week-Daytona. Stay warm and Healthy, all.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 7:05 am

Good morning. Glad to still be able to walk around morning. We had ice storm this week, and nearly everything is covered with ice. Last night there was a dusting of snow on the ice, and I fell in my driveway so fast I did not even have a chance to react. I suppose the fast part spared me a broken hand or wrist, but I hit my head so hard I was not sure I would ever be able to get up. Thankfully I did not break anything, and after an hour or so I only had a slight headache and a sore back to remind me of the episode.

Wind roared all night, guess I better go change the ash tub...it will probably be full.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 7:36 am

Hi guys

After a beautiful week in the 40s-50s we topped it off with some rain and now down to 18 degrees. I suppose for February I should take it, it will still be awhile till my mood improves though. Yesterday I went East for anthracite and when I left at 4 AM it was pouring the rain. When I turned back in the driveway here at home around 1PM the sun was shining so bright I had glasses on even. It sure was windy though.

Forklifts are darn handy Fred... oddly enough my best friend is a Scotty as well and he is in the process of taking two old Nissans from the 80s and making one good one from them both. The six-cylinder diesel is in a million pieces in my other garage downtown but I think he was supposed to get the block line bored yesterday. I think when it’s all over he will have a good affordable machine that he can work on himself as there are no electronics due to its age.

Coal to deliver this morning and it’s all open after that. I need to get back to work on this coal bin under the porch if I can get everyone assembled here at one time.

Rob, glad to hear you are still among the living. Take it easy for awhile...I went ass over tincup just like that years ago and I had a headache for over a week. I think it concussed me and I didn’t even know it... maybe that’s what’s wrong with me still today? Brittany rolls her eyes at me and says “You’re not right”... :lol:

artbaldoni
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Other Heating: O W/C B

Post by artbaldoni » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 8:03 am

Morning all! Same weather pattern here as CJ. Heading to MD today to visit my daughter. Have both the OCB (outdoor coal boiler) and the Crane making heat now. The OCB heats the house and the 404 heats the basement and floors on the 1st floor. Have a good day all, stay safe!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 8:53 am

1985-ish Clark 3,500 pound lift. 4 cylinder LP gas engine. Other than a bit of brake work, it's OK! It's not something you'd use 40 hours a week, but 40 hours a year? Perfect!

20190209_070012[1].jpg
.JPG | 272.8KB | 20190209_070012[1].jpg
Coaljockey... 6 cylinder? That one must be a beast! Mine has points & condenser. Sweet stuff.

Art.... nice blue ladies!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 9:08 am

Morning all,

Thanks for the coffee and waffles Freddy. Wow, a forklift! that is wonderful thing to have in your shop. You will think of all kinds of things to do with it. If your driveway is paved, you can even plow snow with it.

25 degrees and windy as heck here this morning. We might burn 50 pounds in the Axeman today. Today will be a bit of garage and basement clean up. My Van Wert #2 might be heading to a new home tomorrow so I need to gather up all the bits and pieces.

Have a good week all!

-Don

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 11:16 am

Good morning all, just got back from a presentation on the Slackwater Navigation system on the Conestoga River. Absolutely fascinating discussion on an early mode of transporting goods and people in the Lancaster area.

A bit chilly here but have some bit burning in the stove right now and the house is a comfy 74* :yes:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 11:28 am

Madhouse Morning,so late to Freddy's!!
Sure looks Lively in here,judging by Everyone's Posts! Two of Us from Our Shop have been taking care of some chickens for a Coworker. The Poor Fellah literally dropped dead in Our Shop Office. Thank God for AED'S!!!
He went from Flatline to Alive Thanx to that Kickstarter! We've been quietly helping out until his Triumphant Home Return! Along with some other running around,just got time to get here! I've taken 2 weeks off from voluntary overtime,just 40 hours a week,to catch my breath. If we get whacked by more storms,I'll be on them. For right now,it was nice to have Friday mean something! Real Simple:You Can't Buy A Day Of Your Life Back! Stay Warm,And Take Care,Gang!!

Return to “The Coffee House”