Wix oil filters..

Shovelman
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Nut
Other Heating: Forced air oil furnace

Post by Shovelman » Sat. Apr. 13, 2019 11:04 pm

T6 is a fantastic oil for emission controlled diesels. I personally use the cummins approved valvoline and napa gold filter in my 03 dodge. Yearly oil change in may since i only drive when I'm hauling less than 10k miles a year, recommended service is 15k.

RT Hauling
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: alaska stoker II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: florin foundry 810
Coal Size/Type: rice and pea

Post by RT Hauling » Sun. Apr. 14, 2019 5:22 am

After doing some research on filter flow ratings (looking at some race filters) I found that Wix and Purolater were purchased by Mann Hummel filter. I have been using Purolator filters with no problems, but there seem to have been complaints since the changeover. A former employee wrote on a forum that the new company cut back on sharpening a blade that puts in the pleats which ended up causing the filter media to tear. So as mentioned, it is best to pick your favorite but change it often.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Apr. 14, 2019 8:18 am

Sorry if I'm getting somewhat off topic but I like talking about this kinda stuff :yes:
I've always ran Napa gold filters in all my previous trucks ( we also ran the fleet on them also when I worked for the cement co) and never had a single problem. I stopped using Fram filters when I sold my 1988 Ranger for my 1992 Dodge diesel,
I always ran Rotella oil with very good results ( but in old school diesels) I ran Delo 400 15-40 in my 7.3 and now run Delo 400 LE 5-40 full syn CJ-4 in my new truck with Motercraft filters ( just because I got a great deal on them when they closed the local Advance Auto, 1/2 price and I cleaned them out :) ) I buy the OEM filters from the dealer for my wife's Toyota as they are the cheapest out of any filter I can find.
Just a FYI but I'm sure most people already know that have a Ford 6.7L with the new CK-4 oil designation, it must be the old CJ-4 or on the list of approved oils if it's CK-4. The phosphorus levels need to be over 1000 for the Ford diesel.

Return to “The Coffee House”