Coffee 11-18-2017

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 6:06 am

Good day! The coffee is hot & western omelets are about to hit the griddle. Home made wheat toast and Renata's wonderful raspberry jelly will hit the spot.

Speaking of Renata.... she & Eloise were playing Pickle Ball last week. It was Eloise's first time ever. She hit the ball the 4th time....Renata tried to return it, but stumbled, hit the floor & broke her hip! Nooooooo! But, yes. Surgery for pin & screws & in 8 weeks she'll be fine. It's her right hip, so no driving a car for 6 weeks.

The Axeman Anderson is happy to jog along & keep home & shop toasty warm. I only have to empty ashes about every 4th or 5th day. That will change as it gets colder. It hasn't started burning the Lehigh yet. I'm sure I'll know when it hits the auger.

Linda's cataract surgeries went well. She'll be coming back here on Tuesday, weather permitting. She was scheduled to come home today, but the 96 year old Mother of a friend passed away so she's staying in PA for the funeral.

Hope you all have a smooth weekend.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 6:17 am

Mornin all, good b-fast choice Freddy. Damn, sorry about Renata. My ex. is having a TOTAL knee replacement Dec.7 & I'll be playing Corpsman for a week or so. In & out 1 overnight. Glad Linda's cataract surgery went well. First day deer gun season. I'm headed! Enjoy the week-end people.

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 6:21 am

Good morning all! 22 here this morning, 75 inside!

Freddy 4-5 days? How much coal do you burn per day?

Man the hip is a big bummer! Just trying to have some fun!

Well my tractor came Tuesday, I haven’t touched it yet, after the wife comes back from shopping, I am going to make the the cutting edge for the bucket, get the snow blower adjusted and take it off for now, then I’m going to play!

Attachments

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 6:29 am

Now that's purty H. :)

hotblast1357

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 6:34 am

Thank you Freddy! Can’t wait for the snow!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 7:05 am

That is sure a nice tractor. A blower is the way to go.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 7:15 am

Morning all,

Damn, Renata has a broken hip and Linda has cataract surgery.

Hotblast, Very nice tractor!!! I love it. Do not forget to post some pics of you playing with it especially when your blowing snow.

FF's ex is having TOTAL knee replacement! Go bag yourself a nice buck but remember, I'm already done for the season, I got my deer four weeks ago. I didn't even have to get out of the car to shoot it either. Although, your way is much cheaper than the way I got my deer for the season.

What the hell is going on here? I'm staying away from you guys and keeping my wife away as well. We like our original factory parts.

A quick update, I received a phone call yesterday from the BMW collision department. They called to inform me the repairs to my Z4 are complete. Yup, deer hunting with the Z4 was NOT a cheap experience. No damage to the frame of the car, just body parts and brackets. My insurance balked on installing oem grills back in the car. After a quick phone call, oem grills will be put in the car. I really can not complain as the insurance company has been very good with me and working with the dealership on the repairs. So, in an hour I am leaving to go pick up the car. I want to get it back home before we get snow. The downside: The car will be going in storage until spring. The drive home today will probably be the last drive of the year until spring. I'll try to remember to post some pics of the completed work.

It is currently 21F outside and the Jotul 507's are doing a fine job keeping everything warm. In my shop I still have the Chubby jr hooked up with the 507. I really am surprised how well the stove can burn. I think I might keep it hooked up and online with the 507 all winter. If I need additional heat in the shop I can just throttle up the jr instead of hammering the 507. At a later date I'll do a comparison between the two.

I am off to stoke the stoves and get ready to leave to get the car. My wife will enjoy the quiet time and will be able to get some work for work done today. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The snowman.

hotblast1357

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 7:50 am

The snowblower and FEL will deff be better off in the long run than my
Pick up with a plow, and we already have many implements.

My next investment is going to be a PTO generator, northertool has the best deal so far, 13,000 watt for 1,600 including shipping.

I have to get a car port for the winter to put the tractor in also.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 8:01 am

Mornin' all,
Just coffee for me Freddy, thank you. Holidays are nearby. Going to go cut our tree before the rain moves in this afternoon.
Hotblast: Nice early Christmas present!
All these 'bad bones'-let's stay healthy folks. Have a safe Thanksgiving week.
Cheers

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 8:20 am

Really nice machine HB, They look so nice when they are new .. Of course, I would not know as the last time I went to Chambers tractor (Ford) to look I fell down laughing when he told me the price. Nice if you can swing it, I am jealous.

I just serviced my 35 year old Gator (AMT600). Every time I start it I wonder if that is the last. They say you can't kill those motors, but I may be the first one. I try to regularly change the oil every 5 years whether it needs it or not. Still running, still dumping ...

hotblast1357

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 8:30 am

yes it is deff a big investment, but should last me a very long time.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 8:49 am

Good Morning,Gang !

What do We have going on in here?........ Hospital/Rx Coffee ? Geez,We're gonna need a coupla' Pill Rollers and Needle Shovers to start joining Us for Freddy's New "Advise and Consent" Section of 'Da Forum !

On a dimmer note(that's me),the Coffee's Great this morning. We've got a Blow pushing through causing Lions,Tigers and Bears,Oh My ! Ehh,feeble humor attempt ,as what's really coming is a 50 knot blow with heavy rain,T Storms,then Lake Effect Snow..... We like to call that last part "Ohio White". All of this is prompting a Lunch Date at noon for me,most likely lasting until 4 a.m. If it's bad enough,I'll be taking 8 off,then doing it all over again Sunday....

I better take some of this Coffee to go !

In closing,this week coming is Thanksgiving. Take a minute and do some Thanking ! Freddy,perhaps Yourself,Our Renowned ToastMaster Freetown Fred,or any of a number of Our Stalwart Coalers might start a Thanksgiving Coffee as We All Gather to give Ourselves and Others,The Bird !

Hug 'Em All,and Goodnight,Mrs. Calabash,wherever You are ! (Thanx,as always,to the Late,Great Jimmy Durante for that last one)

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 9:30 am

Breakfast and coffee at Subway for me, it's better than starving I guess. On the road again till Wednesday but I get thanksgiving and black Friday as well as Saturday off. Thank God for that.

Hotblast you will always love a tractor like that even if you had to sell the kids to buy it. Money you will never regret spending, you can't say that about too many things.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 9:32 am

That hot breakfast sure sounds awesome Fred. I am sorry to hear so many out for the count physically. You might as well add me to the list of those that are out to pasture, I have one hell of a head and chest cold and I need it to leave. :x Oh well, it’s pouring rain outside so I will sit here and enjoy the warmth, not really fit to do much out there anyhow.

HB that’s a nice machine you have acquired there, it makes a big difference when you have your own equipment and don’t have to rely on anyone. I often take for granted that we have equipment here at our fingertips, most do not.

CN you and I are more alike than we knew...my old early 90’s Gator 6x4 is gonna buy the farm one of these days. The oil pressure is getting weak and I know it has been burning antifreeze for awhile. There are barely any seats left to sit on, but it rides like a rock sled anyhow. I just cannot justify the price tag on a new one these days...however I cannot be without it though either if it craps to bed.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 10:20 am

Hi all,
good grub this morning Freddy :yes: , sorry to hear the news Freddy, I'm not liking this getting older crap as most of the news I hear is never good!!
Nice tractor Hotblast, did you get the super steer option?, my friend has the older version of yours but with the super steer front axle which is nice just takes some getting use to especially when changing loader attachments.
Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Nov. 18, 2017 8:49 am
On a dimmer note(that's me),the Coffee's Great this morning. We've got a Blow pushing through causing Lions,Tigers and Bears,Oh My ! Ehh,feeble humor attempt ,as what's really coming is a 50 knot blow with heavy rain,T Storms,then Lake Effect Snow..... We like to call that last part "Ohio White". All of this is prompting a Lunch Date at noon for me,most likely lasting until 4 a.m. If it's bad enough,I'll be taking 8 off,then doing it all over again Sunday....
I'm wishing you the best of luck HB with this one :o all the OT makes for a nice pay check but the time off is nice also!!

Not doing much today but installing some molding in the living room and getting the gutters clean before the monsoon gets here, other then that not a real exiting day :| . Have a good upcoming week and be safe!

Return to “The Coffee House”