Coffee 11-4-17

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 5:32 am

Meet & greet coffee? OK! Come on in & have a cup. Grits & sausage links for breakfast. Join us for a few.

Still 70,000 without power in Maine. It's been a wild & crazy week. My cousin got her power back after three days. The weirdest thing about this was.....and some complaining.... a lot of outlying areas got power back before the in town people. Just the way the trees fell!

I did it.... I lit the Axeman Anderson on Thursday. No more heat pump heat. Yippee!

Linda is in PA again. She had cataract surgery on one eye & will have the other done 12 days from now. The Dr says she'll have 20/20 vision when it's all done. I never knew that the surgery improved the vision. Cool science.

Don't forget your flu shot! This years is different. It's' not made with eggs for the first time ever. And, they think this years recipe will protect you very well.

Have a smooth day & forward we go!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 6:26 am

Mornin all, meet & greet indeed. Have fun. Good b-fast choice Freddy. Thanx. Nothin goin on here on the hill--YET-- Enjoy the week-end people.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 6:49 am

Good morning. Today marks the first Saturday of many to come that I will be at the hockey rink. We have not had another frost since that light one two weeks ago. Might have to mow the lawn again at this rate.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 6:58 am

Good morning guys. I regret that I won’t make it to the meet and greet but we are still on high alert concerning the baby watch. The Dr told her on Wednesday that it was highly likely that Silas would come into the world by this weekend but so far just crickets. Aaaaaaaaa He no fun. :D

So we will stay close to home to do short coal deliveries and when that’s over with there are still things to take care of around the house before Winter arrives. Air conditioners need wrapped up and porch furniture still needs put away. Some of the grass could use another cutting too.

We sold a fair amount of coal here at the yard last week...40’s for highs next week here in South Central PA. It really has been a pleasant Fall so far.

Have a good one guys.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 7:03 am

Freddy wrote:
Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 5:32 am
I never knew that the surgery improved the vision. Cool science.
I have a relative considering laser eye surgery, they can actually give her bifocal.

ricoman2737
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat
Other Heating: Lennox Fuel Oil boiler as a backup

Post by ricoman2737 » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 7:08 am

Good Morning Everybody,

I love grits, ate them every day for 2 weeks when I was in NC last month.

Enjoy the boys Rob, they grew up way to fast and then they're gone. Good morning FF. I hope everything is good in your world.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back 1 hour tonight, it'll be dark at 5pm, that stinks.

Have a safe weekend. - John

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 7:57 am

Good Morning From Berwick PA , Gang !

Freddy,We need You and a Remote Coffee House Trailer for Events like this ! In talkin' with 'Ol Jack,We agreed that the only Drainer on this Meet-N-Greet Deal is FFred's Shoulder gyp'in Us out of his presence ! So far,it looks like We'll All Crash into May's on Front St.(RT 11) for breakfast in 'Ol Berwick !

Oh,and Mr. Coal Jockey,I'm Real Glad You aren't going to blow that Ultimate Delivery by coming here ! Mama has declared You "Father Of 'Da Year" by standing fast at Home !

Kids-They make it happen in ways You just couldn't Fathom.... We should know,We All used to be one !

To One And All : If You aren't here,You All Are Now ! We'll Celebrate You All in Berwick this Fine day !

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 8:40 am

Morning all,

Looks like a lot going on with everyone today. Coaljockey looks like xmas is going to come early at your house. life is keeping us pretty busy here. No snow on the tug hill yet. We have had a lot of rain over this past week. Cellars are getting flooded and trees are falling over due to high wind and wet soil. We have not lost power yet, I am surprised. I am ready, the generator sits in waiting to pull power duty.

I must admit, I am not looking forward to setting the clocks back. Darkness at 4 or 5 p.m. I must get going as I have a lot to do this weekend. Free town fred, take care of yourself. Freddy, thanks for the grub and java. Until next weekend, be safe and have a productive weekend.

The snowman.

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Good afternoon fellow coal burners.

Still extremely busy here at the shop. They just keep coming and coming. I must be doing something right. Should hire another to help but I'm not sure I want to deal with all the extra gov't paperwork...............

And to top it off, I had a bout of the flu this week. Managed to still show up everyday to answer the phone and deal with the occasional walk in customer. But dang it's hard as hell to keep blowing/wiping the nose every 30 seconds and still work. Then go home and either shiver or sweat my ass off. Can't figure out how I can still shiver under 2 of my grandmother's heavy quilts !!! You remember the old heavy ones that pin you to the bed ? Yeah she made me a couple that I treasure to this day.

Puff back in an AA ?? Yeah it can happen because I witnessed it personally. Details in the other forum when I get a chance to post it.

Hope the guys remember to turn out the lights tonight in Berwick when they leave.........................

Rick

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Nov. 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Don't forget your flu shot! This years is different. It's' not made with eggs for the first time ever. And, they think this years recipe will protect you very well.
Not so good for old farts according to the CDC. Older women also often suffer from acute nymphomania for months afterwards, so be careful.

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Nov. 05, 2017 8:23 am

It has been over 6 days now and still no power for us. :-(

The rest of the street is lit up, but when the wind ripped the powerlines off our home to the pole, it ruined the transformer. Individual houses are not being put back online until the major roads are lit, and many near me are still out. Last night it was down to 30,000 with 1200 in my county alone.

Interestingly enough, I have seen worse. The Ice Storm of 1998 we were 14 days to the hour without electricity. When they got down to less than 1000 people without power they stopped putting it on the media...so in this area we know where we stand as far as Central Maine Power caring about us.

The worst part was, back then they decided to "estimate" our power bills for the month, and it was the same as the previous month though half the month we were without power. But with smart meters it should be far more accurate.

Return to “The Coffee House”