Coffee 10-28-2017

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 5:14 am

The coffee is fresh & hot, so come on in & split a minute into something we can talk about. It'll do ya good! These fresh eggs and ham will make a breakfast that Dr Seuss would be proud of. Join in!

Wow, we got some rain this week! Darn near 4 inches in just over 24 hours. That's the most I ever remember. If that were snow.....Yall-a-paWozaza! We could have a hellofa winter in just one storm! The temps are slowly going down. Maybe another week or two & I'll fire up the Axeman Anderson. It's already a record late year to do so.

We went to a magic show last night. Jason Bishop was the name. The first time ever I saw a live magic show. He was good! I usually don't like sitting right down front at any show, but we got seats dead center, second row & it was great! His small close up hand work was wonderful & the levitation of his shapely lady helper left you wondering. He was not only good, he was down home & humorous. At the end he did a card trick...from empty hands he made playing cards appear and disappear. Both hands working. Both hands with & then without cards. Then he started throwing the cards, Soooo many cards. He must have thrown 75 or 100 cards out into the audience. The kids were scrambling to get them. Fun stuff.

I hope you all have a fine weekend! Hug your loved ones & forward we go.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 5:55 am

Nice to get the Report on some "Slight Of hand",Freddy ! Good Morning,Gang !

Seems the Weather is turning. I will surely miss the Summer Extension. It was the Best Ever ! Now,on to Drudgery and short daylight. I've got to shut the Bay down this weekend due to the Coal Meet-N-Greet this coming week. Seems Our lights are going off a week earlier than planned due to new Camp owners... I'm going to Coffee Up with You Fine Folks first and then make the decision if I'm going today or tomorrow. This deal always gives me a Heavy Heart,but alas,'tis time !

Here's Hoping All Of You keep on keepin' on !

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 7:30 am

Morning all,

I will gladly take some java. Its been a very short night. One large deer vs bmw z4. The car and the deer both lost. One dead deer and one heavily damaged bmw. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with my insurance company. I would like to see the vehicle fixed but will the insurance company feel the same way. On a positive note my wife and I can tell you how well the car can protect the people in the vehicle, when stress tested by a deer (verdict? very well).

Its a cool morning as we only have 35F. The 507's are easily rolling along keeping the house warm and dry. I need to pick up more coal next week. I am hoping we can have a few more weeks of mild weather, probably not. Anyway, I need to get going. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The snowman.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 7:57 am

Snowman, perhaps we were separated at birth. Rachel, our barn manager, hit a deer at speed on the PA TPK in the Z4. The car lept into the air and crashed down from a great height and the two rad grilles fell out. She was convinced the car was totaled. Nope, we fixed those grills with zip ties, looks perfect, and the car was fine and she still drives it. End of story. As long as you are both safe who cares. Crafty way of edging into your Boxster. My choice for you .. .

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/hvo/d/d6-cate ... 14758.html

The bluetooth sucks though.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 8:33 am

Mornin people, Great b-fast choice Freddy! Yep, deer usually KINDA win Wayne.:( Chilly 30* this AM. fkd up rotator cuff yesterday---sooooo, not much planned for the week-end. Took a couple "cyclobenzaprine 10 MG" just to get some sleep last night. Doc's advice--SURGERY--I think not!!! Drugs & some at home PT has worked in the past. Hope it don't screw up meet & Greet this coming Sat. :( :( Oh well, enough whining!!!I wish I could just slow down on activities but I guess some of us got looks & the rest got brains!!! Oh well, enjoy the week-end all.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 8:42 am

Tore mine lifting weights and so had to give that up. Luckily with those looks a male review club in Cortland may be in your future. Bummer, take care when lifting coal. Perhaps your guest on Saturday has big boobs and can help out.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 8:47 am

Come on Simon, big boobs are one of my prerequisites!!! LOL

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 9:18 am

‘morning everyone, I’ll have two Saturdays in a row off, what’s the occasion? A decent day shaping up today, tomorrow they say will suck.

Deer are everywhere right now. We have had our run ins with them in the past. The wife hit one about four and a half years ago with an Olds Bravada and insurance ended up totaling it, too expensive to fix but talking with the body shop and the adjuster I bet the difference between paying me for a total loss and fixing it was only a matter of a few hundred dollars but that’s the name of the game, the path of least expensive. I thought of buying it back and fixing it but mistakenly went looking at used cars and the wife found a Chevy Tahoe she just had to have so there you go snowman, use the opportunity to upgrade to the Mercedes, I think there is a thread started on them somewhere here on the forum.

You better get well Fred; you’re buying the doughnuts next Saturday. I don’t know much about rotator cuffs but for general pain I found taking 1 Tylenol and 1 Advil together every 6 hours works for me. I take pain killers only when absolutely necessary because all these meds are slowly killing you even as they seem to be curing you, but I digress.
Everyone have a good weekend, I better get out and do something while I have decent weather.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 9:48 am

, use the opportunity to upgrade to the Mercedes
Or just shoot yourself and get it over with quickly.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 11:05 am

I find the subject of magic amazing and love to watch on YouTube.
The greatest of all though is Hillary, who works her bribery magic right out in plain sight, and nobody notices.

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 11:42 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 8:33 am
Mornin people, Great b-fast choice Freddy! Yep, deer usually KINDA win Wayne.:( Chilly 30* this AM. fkd up rotator cuff yesterday---sooooo, not much planned for the week-end. Took a couple "cyclobenzaprine 10 MG" just to get some sleep last night. Doc's advice--SURGERY--I think not!!! Drugs & some at home PT has worked in the past. Hope it don't screw up meet & Greet this coming Sat. :( :( Oh well, enough whining!!!I wish I could just slow down on activities but I guess some of us got looks & the rest got brains!!! Oh well, enjoy the week-end all.
Hey FF, The old saying " Getting old aint for Pu**ies " has some truth to it !!!!!! :D I to feel the pain more as i get older,,,, I guess we just ride and dont worry about the fall. Rest up over the weekend and get feeling better soon buddy :yes:

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Oct. 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Missed you guys this morning. Out the door very early in an attempt to finish a large lime job before the rain got here. Mission accomplished... I even had an hour or so to spare and it is now raining as I type this. This week really kicked the slop out of me, getting out of bed this morning nearly required the assistance of heavy equipment.

Freddy, that’s awesome that the temperatures have held off enough to not fire the AA yet, especially as far North as your homestead. The sun is much later rising and darkness comes early...me thinks it’s gonna get worse before it gets better. Snowman, sorry to hear about the car...that just sucks, I hope the insurance co does not try to give you a screwing. Simons recommendation is worth some consideration, you would never run out of power on the hills! Fred, take care of that shoulder, surgery or not...the pain is a beeotch.

I really want to come to the Meet and Greet in order to put faces with some of you gentlemen and I would REALLY like to see the Leisure Line factory. My wife will be due with our second son very directly so everything depends on that. She is at almost 37 weeks on a very high risk pregnancy (first one was as well) and my guess is they will take her early again and induce labor. Your prayers are appreciated.

Enjoy the weekend!

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Oct. 29, 2017 7:02 am

Prayers to your wife, yourself & the baby Cj, hope all goes well. FF, I don't know how badly you tore yours but when I did mine there was no choice, luckily he could get it done without the big cut. My doc uses fly lure knots he learned as a kid along with 5 screws & then recovery & I'm good to go. I couldn't lift mine without using the other arm to help & there was very little left holding on (not an easy surgery or recovery but the end result was good) hopefully my other tore ligaments hold out while I'm still here. Hope all stay dry, I hear the East Coast area is due for another big hit.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Oct. 29, 2017 9:37 am

Good morning people , that show sounded fun Freddy I have always liked magic. I guess better late than never for coffee but it’s been a very busy weekend with volleyball club tryouts this weekend, trying to get stuff done around the house l, the meet& greet next Saturday, and trying to get my daughter in the woods for some deer hunting on Sunday time is at a premium right now :o .
With the temps getting closer to light off :) I can’t wait to put the shitty heat pump to bed, ok friends have a good upcoming week and enjoy your day :D

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Oct. 29, 2017 9:47 am

Good morning. I have enjoyed the mild weather, but it is time for things to cool off. We had a heck of a time getting the ice established in the hockey arena, and I am stick of the bees and flies! I was planning on bringing some more coal in the garage this weekend, but I blew a brake line on the truck and haven't fixed it yet. Oh well, not burning much in this weather anyway.

The coal I got this year (from Lehigh) is the lowest ash coal I have burned since I tried UAE years ago. Even with a few morning heat calls, I am going 8 days on an ash tub with room to spare. That sure makes for an easy routine.

Tyler, at 37 weeks I think I would stay close to home. Catch up on the fall chores and have your "go-bag" ready.

Return to “The Coffee House”