Coffee 10- 21-17

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 5:45 am

Good day! Welcome to the coffee house & to the best dang coffee you've had all day. HA! Come on in, join us for a few moments and share. It's going to be another beautiful day & scrambled eggs & bagels will get us started. There's ripe pears in the basket....enjoy.

We are looking to have the warmest October on record. It's been crazy warm for weeks now. We can hope it keeps coming, but we know, deep down.....we'll pay. I'm guessing in February we'll be burning 100 pounds of coal a day just to keep the coffee from freezing in the pot!

This was fix your daughters truck week. My youngest girl brought me her '96 Ford Ranger to make ready for the next 214,000 miles. All it needed was a U-joint....or so we thought. After 5 days of chasing parts it now has 3 u-joints and center bearing, 4 ball joints, a new leaf spring, new door handles, a repaired tailgate, four new tires, a front end alignment and an inspection sticker. Yowza! But, very little rust, a tight engine, and a good manual tranny. Bring on the next 10 years....we're ready!

I hope you all have a smooth weekend.

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 5:59 am

Good morning all, coffee is black and great as usual! Well Freddy I bet the ranger is still cheaper than a new payment, and it’s a good thing to know how to drive standard, it’s becoming a lost art especially with the trucking industry going to automatic trans even. Goin to try to finish the interior of the coal building today and maybe even get the bin built. We’ll see where the day brings us.

Enjoy the warm weather! Snow in the forecast around here next week!

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 6:10 am

I am one of those guys too, fix it if you can and often get 250,000 miles or more out of a car or truck.

Today my father is going to come up and see if we can move that building I tried to move last week. I hooked my bulldozer onto it and it had enough traction and power, but it snapped the main skid in half. I had to replace that then added a bunch of chains, spiked things better, added more bracing, and this time will put a tractor on the front, and a bulldozer on the back and see what happens. I think once I get it off the gravel pad it is on, it will go easier.

This old building (Circa 1900) has already been moved once, about a quarter mile in 1965. This move is only 400 feet, but is part of our big part of our overall farm plan. It will eventually be our "vet area" between barns to take care of sick sheep, shearing and vet care.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 6:17 am

Morning Fred & Co.

Thanks for breakfast & coffee...will take something hot to eat in the morning every chance I get, not much interested in cereal. This will be another working weekend, with the nice weather the farmers have harvested quite a bit lately. The combines have been rolling pretty steady now although there still is some green late season corn left and a few are still chopping to fill silo.

The lime spreading part of our business has kicked into high gear for the fall season and I have been in the fields nearly every day the last 2 weeks except for the rain that we had. There is rain forecast for Monday night and Tuesday so I will continue to roll most of the day. Dad is selling coal here out of the yard pretty steady now with temps forecast to drop next week.

The EFM project wrapped up Monday night and fire put in the pot. It has been nice and warm in the Hall household and Mr. Hall is now quite popular again with his better half now that he found a source of heat. I look forward to that when it’s 10 degrees and the wind is howling. If you want to check out the finished product I have an active thread in the boiler section.

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy the beautiful weather.

Attachments

B72D42CD-9325-48E8-8D44-34BA336E9A04.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.2MB | B72D42CD-9325-48E8-8D44-34BA336E9A04.jpeg

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 6:26 am

Good morning. Big weekend in Chazy...taking the kids to pick pumpkins, having a halloween party in the garage, and tomorrow is the antique tractor plow day.

It must be "fix the old truck week". I brought my 1999 F350 out for a run yesterday to make sure everything was in order and fill it with gas to be ready for plow season. Someone pulled out in front of me and I had to get on the brakes pretty good...blew a rear brake line. :( I do not even feel like messing with it, so I am going to have the local Ford dealer take care of it. Hopefully it does not cost me an arm and a leg.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 6:55 am

Mornin all. Thanx Freddy, good, simple choice! Busy vehicle time--after changing everything out in my 89 GMC 454 plow truck, I pulled the EFI last week & cleaned it COMPLETLY--runs like it was new. Funny how sometimes the obvious escapes me!! LOL 36* this AM--the old HITZER continues to purr along. 20 lbs a day, house at 72 constantly--window-stats on warm days. Enjoy the week-end people.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 7:01 am

Just Give Me A Coffee.No,Make That Two Coffee's,Then We'll Talk.............!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 7:49 am

Chai tea this morning, the wifes idea. Tastes like soap. I guess that completes a crappy week of chimney repair and squeezing a stove into where it does not belong. Then do I do a Baltimore fireplace? Or just keep it a very simple 100 year old brick so as not to distract from the beauty of the stove. Perhaps we just keep it very simple. Work still in progress. Test fire went OK. My 60 year old chiropractor will be happy with the extra work as he has a new expensive girlfriend and he has a significant Mustang and two new Caddies and you think I know how to spend.

Attachments

100_0968.JPG
.JPG | 583.9KB | 100_0968.JPG

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 7:54 am

Morning all I'm back. Been a little busy lately. I got elected pastor of a church 15 minutes from my house in Girardville. The church has a parsonage right next door so that cut my commute from 15 minutes to a minute and a half if I walk at a normal pace. That was on September 10. On September 16 I left town and went to Augusta Georgia with the truck and came back with my bride and her son. While on the way back the truck started running terrible and then would straighten out then bad again then straighten out. We made it back and it completely died the day before our wedding. Got it towed into a shop where it has been for the last three weeks. Around here your at the mechanics mercy. He finally diagnosed it as a failed fuel pump and two dead injectors.

We got married on September 23rd and have gone through the settling in period so far. All is good. She is 18 years younger than me and people tell me I robbed the cradle. I tell them she checked the tree and picked the best, sweetest, ripest, most enjoyable fruit on the tree.

I am going to figure out how to get a coal stove in this parsonage!!!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 7:58 am

Wonderful news Larry, sincere congrats and it could not happen to a nicer guy. My wife told me she checked the tree but the best fruit was to high to reach.
Last edited by coalnewbie on Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 8:23 am

Good morning,
Thanks for the coffee, Freddy. Real good. Yup, it's 'truck week'. I poured 5 gallons into 'Rusty', fired the 350 Chevy up, attached the Fisher plow, and parked it. Now we wait for 'Old man Winter'. Had to put a couple of air fresheners in the cab-darn 4-legged little critters aren't 'housebroke'!!!

The "Sunny" looks great, CN. It is a thing of beauty.

Pastor Larry, "welcome home", and congratulations to you and the Mrs.

Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 8:48 am

Congrats on the whole she-bang Padre! :)

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 9:16 am

Man,A Whole Lot Happened Here While I Quietly Wolfed Down Two Cups Of Coffee,Just To Regain My Civility And Society !!

The Rev Achieved an Entire Reboot on his Life,and The Newb's performed a Stellar Job on a new Stove Setting ! Congrats to You Both ! As for me,I'm simply,merrily treading water,and enjoying the simple little outcomes of applying myself in the Life I'm granted..... Not shabby,not shabby at all. I'm now going to smash out a weekend's worth of work before Our weather turns a little. Dry is good,warm is better,but as We approach a later October,We All know what's coming.... Enjoy it,Gang !

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 9:29 am

Fresh delivery from Vermont. It is shaping up to be a great weekend. :D

Attachments

IMG_20171021_092654775.jpg
.JPG | 269.6KB | IMG_20171021_092654775.jpg

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Oct. 21, 2017 10:15 am

Morning all,

I know, I'm late again. No java for me, I have red bull this morning. It is work on your truck week. I had put a new exhaust on the truck which just turned 200,000 miles. The new exhaust did not fit well to the headers. Figures as I guess we can't make exact replacement parts anymore. I had it sealed so I thought. Yesterday I was getting a load of coal and to my surprise the exhaust was getting louder the more I drove. So, today I am going to work on the exhaust again. It looks like it is going to be another warm weekend. I'll take it. I hope to get all I need to get done early today so I can get in a long cycle ride.

It looks like everyone is doing the same. So, lets get moving, get our crap done so we all can move onto the next project. I need to get moving. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The snowman.

Return to “The Coffee House”