Coffee 1014-16

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 6:40 am

Good day! Come on in, Join us for a few seconds of friendship. The coffee is hot & French toast is ready to hit the grill. A big ol' pile of bacon is ready too. Have a piece of fruit too.

October 14th & only now the first signs of chilly weather? What a warm & wonderful Fall we are having. The last two nights we've had frost, but a few nights this week it stayed darn near 60! Some years I've had the Axeman Anderson running for a month by now......this year it may be a month from now!

Today is Fall cleanup....we get to get rid of junk that won't go roadside as trash. Old furniture, appliances, etc. It's $20 a trailer, but some things carry an extra fee, like AC's & TV's. I'll bet they change the rules next year. I've borrowed Scottie's 20 foot trailer & a bunch of neighbors and I are loading it to the gills with sofa's & chairs. I'll bet next year it's "Trailers $3 a foot" LOL

OK you fine people....have a smooth weekend & forward we go!

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 6:59 am

Mmmmm I haven’t had French toast in years Freddy! Delicious choice!

I might have to work today, don’t know yet, if not going to clean up a little around here from all the construction going on, I still have some dozer grading to do also, and id like to get my interior walls finished in the boiler building so I can build my bin! Hopefully I can get one of those things done! Lol

Going to be 44 Monday and 24 at night!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 7:01 am

Mornin all. Outstanding B-fast choice my friend. :) Here we have amnesty day once a year for all that stuff Freddy. Get a big dumpster down to the Town Barn & YOU bring it!! Not much goin on here on the hill. Waitin till Nov. 4 for Meet & Greet. Enjoy the week-end people!!

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 7:03 am

Thanks for breakfast as always.

I am not sure what is on the agenda for today. I do know I made the wife happy last night when she came home to a nice warm home from those dancing blue ladies, and no I do not mean an 80 year old vaudeville troupe whopping it up at the town grange hall!

I need to get more coal as my firewood did not dry enough over the summer and is not burning well. Stupid wood...

I love our antique pot bellied stove though. It might be 124 years old, but works really well; so much better than the old Vogelzang.

I might try and move that building I tried to move last week, I am not sure. There is a lot of work to getting new skids under it again. This time something tougher than my bulldozer.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 7:50 am

Good morning friends, I hate eat and run but I have to renew my CPR and AED this morning.
Thanks for the delicious food Freddy, have a wonderful day everyone . :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 7:52 am

When the weather decides to change...it will really change.

Freddy - Are you going to get into the Lehigh coal this year?

Still no frost for me - I usually don't get one to the last week of October, or later. I have had the EFM running for two weeks, and the second ash tub is about 1/2 full. Seems like this years coal has extremely low ash content. :D

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 7:55 am

Well,Good Morning,Gang !

This must be Everyone's "Smash It And Crash It Weekend" judging by the above posts. I too,have avoided the perils of a fabulous Fall weekend at the Bay for some Genuine Home Rehab.... Dumpster in place,Check ! - Old carpet and padding
coming up and out,Check ! Not to mention anything that this Old Packrat needs to dismiss to make room for 'Ol Man Winter's arrival ! I'm gonna be sore,that's for sure !

Also.much like that 'Ol Lampshader-the notorius Freetown Fred,We're looking very forward to that Berwick or Bust Meet-n-Greet on Saturday,November 4th ! It will be Good to see All that can make it !

As Always,You BTU Generatin' Snuffleluffaguss's,Take Care !

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 8:07 am

French toast sounds great! I haven't had it for so many years that I can't remember how many years it has been.

Despite a promised 37 degrees here when we wake up next Tuesday morning, October 2017 in Ohio seems warmer than average, and looks to continue being warmer. A harbinger of a mild winter?

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 8:35 am

Morning all,

I'm going to skip the grub as I need to get going today since I am already running behind. I have a lot I want/need to get done this weekend. I also want to get in a long cycle sometime today. It has been unusually warm here as well. This year I will not complain. I am not even close to being ready for winter. This sucks since I am the one on the forum who is always wanting cold weather and a ton of snow. This year I need it to be warm until the end of the Month, then it can get cold and hopefully I have everything done. I must get going. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The snowman

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 11:25 am

[quote="Rob R." Freddy - Are you going to get into the Lehigh coal this year?

Ya! When I first light 'er up it will be burning the old Superior, but within a few weeks it will certainly start funneling in the new stuff. I'm sure I'll see a difference in the ash. Report to follow!

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Oct. 15, 2017 8:05 am

We ended up taking a long car ride yesterday as Katie was sick (something she is forbidden to do as we have 4 daughters and a farm). She was not up to much, and yet we both wanted to get outside.

It was not the best car trip, but the highlight was Mayfield Ridge where we drove among the dozens and dozens of wind turbines they had just installed. I was shocked there was no fences to the roads, so we wound our way among them, taking in the sights of the foliage and listening to the props swish with the wind.

I know they compete against coal power plants, but I cannot see why people hate them. We could have had 28 in my town, and yes 3 would have been on me as I am high on a ridge, but the town voted them down. Too bad, $1500 per month, per tower would have been a nice retirement gift. My sheep could graze around them without complaint.

Return to “The Coffee House”