Coffee 10-7-17

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 6:12 am

The door is open & the coffee is hot. Come on in and get a good start to your day. Breakfast sandwich anyone? Your choice of any pig meat....ham, sausage, bacon. How come pigs are so breakfasty?

Still numb from the Las Vegas shooting. But, forward we go.

Today, in the morning I will be suiting up my buddy Paul as Batman for a charity fund raiser at Sam's Club in Bangor. Later in the day is the wedding of my buddy Charlie's oldest daughter. Busy day!

Brrrrr....nights are getting chilly. I'm betting within 30 days the Axeman Anderson will be fired up.

Hope you all have a smooth weekend!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 6:30 am

Mornin all, I'm gonna go with the bacon Freddy. Good stuff!:) Momma's doin a craft fair at our local TSC in Cortland today. She makes some nice jewelry. I'll be home mowing-- AGAIN-- warm week comin up--chilly at night. The HITZER idles along nicely. Enjoy the week-end people.

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 6:52 am

Good morning all! I’ll take all three, pig is delicious!

This morning we are going to light up the eshland 260, open all the windows turn on the hot water and give it a test run! Lol

We’re looking at highs in the 50-60’s by Wednesday, the leaves really changed here yesterday.

Take a minute to spend time with family!

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 6:52 am

I am moving a building today! Nothing really big, just 12 x 22, about a 400 feet move across the road so that we can use it for the sheep.

Last night Katie and I went to the fall banquet for Teen Challenge Maine and it was great to see so many people who are fighting for the same cause. Last year 286 people in Maine overdosed and this year it is predicted to hit 400, just over 1 per day; sad for a state with only 1.25 million people.

Teen Challenge has 9 facilities in New England, 400 in the United States and 1100 world wide, it is also faith based, and has a 87% success rate. We are proud to support them...

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 7:24 am

Mornin' all,
Just coffee for me, Freddy. The maple and the birch leaves are turning color for the 'leave peepers'. Won't be much longer, and the 'blue ladies' will be dancing. Have a good Columbus Day week end, everyone.
Cheers

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 7:38 am

Good nice rainy morning people :| I'm with FF on this one ,bacon that is :D .
Freddy wrote:
Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 6:12 am
Still numb from the Las Vegas shooting.
You and me both, this is some crazy *censored*. I would have expected this from ISIS not someone like this :cry: .

Not much going here this weekend, working on the molding, 2 away volleyball games today, and trying to get a time game plain for the Meet & Greet thats all as of right now but theres always something that comes up unexpected :lol: .
have a good week to come and enjoy the rest of this one.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 7:54 am

Good morning. Not much planned for this weekend - going to get some pumpkins and having a small pizza party to celebrate the end of soccer season for the little kids. Other than that, I will probably follow Fred's lead and mow the lawn "one more time". I did not keep records, but I am pretty sure I mowed my lawn far more this season than any other.

Last weekend was beautiful weather, and we got to spend a lot of time outside...but it ended on a somber note. When I came home from work on Friday, I discovered that our dog Lindy had bled all over the couch. She has an old injury on her rear leg, with a lot of scar tissue, and the blood was basically seeping through it. She had a cancerous tumor removed a few years ago, and I knew it was not a good sign that her blood was not clotting. At almost 10 years old, I decided not to put her through anymore vet visits. I got her leg bandaged up, and she seemed eager to get out and enjoy the sun, and play with the boys Sat/Sun. Sunday night Lindy seemed to get disoriented in the garage, and I had to help her find her way in the house and upstairs to her bed. Shortly after that she started breathing ragged, and was unable to get up. My wife and I laid her out on her bed so she would be comfortable, gave her a lot of pets, and waited. By 11:30 her breathing seemed to straighten out, and I had a small hope that she was coming out of problem she was having. I sat next to her for a minute and gave her a few more pets, and then got in bed...minutes later my wife checked on her and Lindy had passed. I suppose it happened under the best of circumstances. At home, with family, and she was able to do what she wanted right up to the last afternoon - but it sure leaves a big hole. My boys have never known life without Lindy, and it was a tough discussion with them the following morning explaining what had happened. Anyhow, I know a lot of you have been through the same thing, so I don't need to explain any more. Let it be a reminder, never miss a chance to spend time with the ones you love.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 8:51 am

Morning all,

First, Rob R, sorry for your loss.

It looks like everyone is so darn busy today. This is the same for me and my wife. We have company visiting. We will be going leaf peeping today and whatever else we can think of. I will skip the grub as we are doing the rare thing and going out to eat.

I had a local garage put on new sneakers on the truck and give it an inspection this week. I like to support local business when I can. This local garage will no longer receive any from me. They severely gauged all four rims and last night was the first time driving it at any speed since they put the tires on. Well, I now have to pay a dealership to re balance all four tires and I had to re torque the lugs. Not sure what they torqued the lug nuts to but I had to use a breaker bar with a pipe to get them loose. Good way to crack a rim. I guess I can say, lesson learned.

My wife and I are still on the fence whether we should add onto our garage or buy a shelterlogic to store the BMW in for the winter. I am leaning towards buying the shelterlogic to put the tractor and snowblower in and put the car inside in place of the tractor. After driving the car for about two months and 10,000 miles, I can say I really do not care for the car that much and wish we had purchased the first car we had looked at. The BMW has fallen short of what I was expecting from the car. It is likely we will sell the car in the spring when the demand for cabriolets increases.

I must get going so we can get some grub and expose our company to the purchasing and unloading of coal. This should be a hoot. Remember, enjoy your family and friends, life is short.

The snowman.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 9:08 am

Rob, Sorry to hear that Lindy is gone.

Snowman..... I'd let the local garage know what happened. Maybe the next customer would get better service. Shelter Logics are some cheaper than the Rhino Shelter, but also much much less quality. Give the Rhino a consideration.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 10:58 am

After driving the car for about two months and 10,000 miles, I can say I really do not care for the car that much and wish we had purchased the first car we had looked at. The BMW has fallen short of what I was expecting from the car. It is likely we will sell the car in the spring when the demand for cabriolets increases.
Considering where you live and the length of the winter driving season, I suggest you look at a Subaru Outback, or even a Forester. Both are outstanding in the snow, and the ownership costs are normally well under any German car of comparable age/mileage. If you want something with more grunt than the std. 4-cylinder, the 3.6 Outback or Forester XT are both pretty peppy.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 11:02 am

R, sorry about Lindy.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 2:22 pm

"I'd let the local garage know what happened. Maybe the next customer would get better service."

ROTFLMAO - Maine is on the planet earth yes? They do this deliberately so you keep coming back - the same with sump nuts.

" Good way to crack a rim"

If they are lucky - more business and of course that was your fault as you must have hit a bump.

That is in NYS of course. All crooks! I need to move north.

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sun. Oct. 08, 2017 7:14 am

Rob sorry about Lindy.

Was a beautiful day yesterday, falls colors are here.

Attachments

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sun. Oct. 08, 2017 9:32 am

A day late again but I see you guys are here again so I will visit awhile. Yesterday morning I did manage to slip out to the local diner with some good friends at 6:30. Ham, scrambled eggs, home fries, toast and coffee...it doesn't get much better than that for me.

Rob, condolences on Lindy, that is very rough even for me just to read...they really are a family member. There has never been a time during my life that I have not had dogs, and I am sure there will always be dogs with me during my time here. My wife and I struggled with infertility for quite a few years before Dolan was born and during that time these two dogs truely were our "kids". It would be very hard for me to live without the love they give, they are loyal beyond understanding. I wish your family well and hope to see another one with you in the future.

I don't have much more to report yet on the EFM install since last week. I did manage to get the flue pipe hooked up Monday evening but it has been warm and the trucks have been busy. I need to wire a switch, hookup the fines cleanout door and it should be ready to rock and roll. Looks like it will cool off this week so I may try to fire up by the weekend.

Will be going to a family reunion today for all the descendants of my great-grandfather, W.L. Hall. He is the one who founded the trucking business that we operate in 1914. I really look forward to it although it seems to get smaller every year as the older ones die off. The family is really beginning to get pared down these days as I only have 2 great-aunts left...out of a sibling line of 3 girls and 6 boys.

Enjoy the beautiful fall weather while it lasts...rain all day tomorrow here in PA as the storm spins up through.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Oct. 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanx For The Time And Loyal Love,Lindy..... Rob,See It Through.

Return to “The Coffee House”