Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Mon. Oct. 09, 2017 10:09 am

Rob sorry aboutLindy they are really part of the family .jack

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Tue. Oct. 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Sorry about Lindy; I did not see it until now.

We just got a livestock guard dog and she is amazes me with our sheep. She has 2 coyote, and 2 fox kills to her credit, and is really growing on me. An amazing dog, but sadly she cannot be loved on. Not to be mean, but she is a working dog and her job is to be with the sheep 24/7/365.

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Tue. Oct. 10, 2017 4:19 pm

We never ended up moving that building I intended too:

Enough Power? Check
Enough Traction? Check
Enough strength in 12" diameter skids...NOT! (Is that that still an acceptable phrase or am I indicating my age?)

Ye Little Olde Bulldozer snapped the skids right in half under the building. I had to immediately twist it off the foundation and when I did, the skid hit a stub pipe sticking up out of the ground. It was just enough to keep the building from twisting and "snap" it pulled one skid out from under the building, and the other snapped right in half.

I am not really in a pickcle, I just have to do a lot of work to replace them with new skids.

But I was happy. Katie and my Dad said the bulldozer would easily pull the building, and my daughter and I did not. In a straight line pull it will easily tow it, so I am happy, only 395 feet left to go!

Return to “The Coffee House”