How does your dog handle storms?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Sep. 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Yes, I'd try it if I still had a dog. Theres nothing like a 80 pound lab sitting in your lap shaking :lol: I admit I had never heard of it before.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Thu. Sep. 14, 2017 10:56 pm

If it fixes those five things...
I'll be drinking it every day ;) ...
and be returned to 'normal'

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Fri. Sep. 15, 2017 9:38 am

my abby sits and shivers and shakes gets under foot at the sound of distant thunder and rain on my steel roof and she just shivers and quakes , my chiuuauh ya i know the spelling guys ,lol . but she dont blink ah eye ,fire works do not bother either one of them !!!!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Sep. 16, 2017 3:43 am

Yes, I now drug my dog. Only once this year, but twice last year. My Australian Shepherd has always hard a hard time with thunderstorms. She hears the thunder 20 minutes before we do. As she has gotten older it's gotten worse. I got her a "Thunder Shirt" and it really helped.....the first 3 or 4 times, then, the novelty wore off & it makes no difference at all. She pants, shakes, quivers and whines....not too much vocal, just enough to tell you she's scared. She doesn't dig, but wants to stay in my lap....and I think would be happier if she could crawl down my throat. One big storm last year was so bad I honestly thought that she was going to have a doggie heart attack. It was bad enough that I called the Vet's the next day. They prescribed Valium. It works well, but....... it takes an hour to work, which isn't ideal, so, they give (sell) a little kit & the drug is administered via a catheter up the butt. It's no biggie unless that sort of thing bugs you. I lived with an RN for 33 years & have done plenty of Hospice care......doesn't bother me a bit, other than she's got the most well hidden but hole ever. LOL. The Valium works within minutes. It doesn't put her to sleep, she just gets calm....curls up on the floor & just watches the world go by.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Sep. 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Return to “The Coffee House”