coffee 8/19/2017

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 6:58 am

FREDDY,

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. Open the door, I can't get in.

The snowman.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 7:15 am

WOW, I know the Z4s are fast but a morning run from Tug Hill to Bangor? Now that is impressive.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 7:18 am

Morning all,

I can't seem to get into Freddy's so I am using the grill I found out back. I have eggs, toast, sausage and grits. Come on over and just use your hands. I found an old salt block so we have salt for everything. Just wipe off the dirt and its all good.

The 507's are still pulling duty and seem happy. We have trees already starting to turn color. What the heck.

The new to us car seems to be doing well. In the three days we have owned it we have put on one thousand miles. Yup, we are looking to wear it out fast. So, I am off as I am visiting family today. No riding or running today.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

Freddy I hope you don't mind I moved the grill. CN, I drove all night to get to Freddy's. I wanted to surprise him.

The snowman.
Last edited by the snowman on Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 7:18 am

He must be up at his camp without internet. I have time for a quick cup to go because I am off to work. Someone has to keep the world turning while you all enjoy the weekend. :cry:

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 7:38 am

What the hell is in this coffee? :lol:

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 8:51 am

Good morning. Call back the search party - last week Freddy said he was going off the grid at camp for a while.

My week went well, but it ended on a sour note for a young couple that lives nearby. The parents and 18 month old son were not home at the time, but they lost everything in a house fire, including their pets. We still have most of the stuff from when our boys were that age, so I am packing up anything that I think would be helpful to someone starting over.

The only other news I have is that I ordered a load of coal, and I also purchased a used Ford Expedition in Texas. Hopefully they don't get delivered on the same truck. :lol:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Good afternoon all ( Hey Snowman there's a key under the middle rock to the right of the door :) ) Thanks for the coffee and It taste fine to me!! We are at a very Yuppie campground this weekend ( it was a nice one at one time but corporate greed took care of that :x ) oh well probably the last time we go there, I don't like the though of not having the coal bin stuffed but it needs to be cleaned out to get rid of all the fines so I'm going to run it out, I was thinking of getting 2 pallets plus what I have left in the bin should be enough for this season.
Take care people and enjoy the day :)

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Long day, out real early & in & out all day. Felt like I was havin sex with Sat. Anyway, got the lawn mowed before torrential started. Wayne, thanx for getting this goin this AM. Rob, ya got a Expedition for the oldest boy?? LOL Gonna call it a day, gotta work with the young horses tomorrow. Night all.

top top

Post by top top » Sun. Aug. 20, 2017 7:24 am

Rob R. wrote:...........................................My week went well, but it ended on a sour note for a young couple that lives nearby. The parents and 18 month old son were not home at the time, but they lost everything in a house fire, including their pets. We still have most of the stuff from when our boys were that age, so I am packing up anything that I think would be helpful to someone starting over. ....................................:
Tell them they still have what's important, each other. My son was killed in a house fire on Christmas Day four years ago.

I don't think we have any baby stuff left, the youngest grandkid is 6 years old. if we do they are welcome to it, but would need an address. Did they own the home? Or at least have renters insurance? That will go a long way towards helping them get set up again.

BTW, I encourage everyone to check their policies. Besides verifying your basic dwelling and liability coverage is sufficient, ask for Replacement Cost for coverage C. It makes a huge difference in the size of the check after a loss due to a covered peril. Have your agent explain the details.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Aug. 21, 2017 9:26 am

Well the youngster continue to grow--5 mos. now-- & the pup just gets tired out runnin with them. LOL

Attachments

006.JPG
.JPG | 90.1KB | 006.JPG
005.JPG
.JPG | 60KB | 005.JPG
004.JPG
.JPG | 82.4KB | 004.JPG
003.JPG
.JPG | 73.2KB | 003.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 54.6KB | 002.JPG
001.JPG
.JPG | 70.4KB | 001.JPG

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Aug. 21, 2017 9:45 am

freetown fred wrote: the pup just gets tired out runnin with them.
It's a dog's life.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Aug. 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Mon. is better then never.....Sat. found me at Bristol Motor Speedway, one of my bucket list of things to do. Most boring race ever at Bristol, but OMG! Those guys can drive and that place is nuts.....drove home after the race and got in at 2:45....yeah Sun. was a bit late coming....Planning to go next year and stay for a few days. 8-)

Kevin

jdube3097
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum Stoker

Post by jdube3097 » Sun. Nov. 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Freddy, I see that you maybe the one to talk to for ash pan for my Harmon Magnun Stove. Are you?

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 7:29 am

Jdube, I sent you a PM (private message). Top of the screen, on the right.

Return to “The Coffee House”