Coffee 8-12-17

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 5:31 am

Welcome! Come on in for coffee & friends. Maybe a quick breakfast sandwich? OK!

I have time for one more coffee before I head north. Things got rescheduled a bit. I'll be leaving on Monday & back.... someday! Someone will be here at the house if you have a need.

For those of you that are over 62 and near a national park.... Lifetime passes are going from $10 to $80 on the 28th of this month. Linda & I went to Acadia National Park this week and got ours. If you can.... make it so!

Hope you all have a smooth August. Hug your loved ones & onward we go!

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 6:11 am

Can't make it today but good note about the cost of passes going up.

Over 62 though....man, I never thought I live to see that when I was younger...

I still probably won't see it with the wild life style that us coal burners live.

https://media.tenor.com/images/e563440c89f903b2584df90bfd9899d1/tenor.gif

https://media.tenor.com/images/e563440c89f903b2584df90bfd9899d1/tenor.gif

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 7:19 am

Mornin all, outstanding coffee as always Freddy. Other then mowin around the house & workin with the fillys--I got nothing! Enjoy the week-end people.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 7:20 am

Good Morning all!! Kinda of a rainy day in the Southern Anthricite Coal region today. Like it was yesterday, and the day before but I digress. Thanks for the coffee. Needed that this AM. The wet weather has my arthritis kicked up.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please. I have been sending out resumes to churches that advertise about needing a Pastor. Before my wife died last November, she made me promise I would get back into ministry. I stepped down from my church to take care of her and she didn't like that. Anyway I've got resumes out to Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama. Notice a southern theme here?

Time to get back to my roots. Going south. :D

If you know of any churches in those states that are looking, please send me a PM with the information.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 7:41 am

Morning all and always a thank you for the coffee Freddy :) , not much going on this weekend although we are having some friends over today for drinks and dinner.
Tomorrow we are going the the cemetery to visit my fathers grave as the headstone was just installed a few weeks ago( I found out from my Aunt that it was finished as the stone company never said a word :no1: ) and visit the rest of passed family members. Stay safe and enjoy the time at North camp Freddy it sounds nice!!
blrman07 wrote:Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please. I have been sending out resumes to churches that advertise about needing a Pastor. Before my wife died last November, she made me promise I would get back into ministry. I stepped down from my church to take care of her and she didn't like that. Anyway I've got resumes out to Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama. Notice a southern theme here?

Time to get back to my roots. Going south.
Good luck on you quest Larry and don't worry you'll find a home :yes:
Take care friends, be safe and enjoy!

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Afternoon all,

I had to miss the morning java as I had to hurry off early to go try out another car today. Well, the decision has been made, my wife and I purchased a new to us car. We will go pick it up on Monday. We had tried soo many different vehicles over the past five months. So, we decided to purchase a BMW Z4 3.0i cabriolet. We wanted an all wheel drive to replace our aging Audi, however, we could not find one that fit what wanted or they were sold before we were able to purchase it.

I can not stay long today as my wife and I are off to see a concert with a good friend of ours. It will be a good time.

The 507's are still running keeping the house and shop dry. I just unloaded a ton of rice coal for my parents with another ton being delivered for next Saturday. I need to get off of my back side and get some coal for winter. Anyway, enjoy the pics of the car.

Remember we are now officially roaring towards our first frost and snow fall.

The snowman.

Attachments

IMG950107.jpg
.JPG | 134.4KB | IMG950107.jpg
IMG950106.jpg
.JPG | 152.6KB | IMG950106.jpg
IMG950104.jpg
.JPG | 131.9KB | IMG950104.jpg

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Late as usual....hello to all. Shuffled belongings from one storage unit to another and to home, sweat like and animal all day.... deer loin and veggies on the grill with high gravity Scotch on Scotch beer from our growler filling station....Nice. Recording Led Zeppelin to my computer with an old Pioneer PL-4 and an ADC device right now....awesome...... Come on down to Tennessee Reverend....nice here. I will be in Bristol for the race next weekend....never been....gonna be an experience..

Kevin

Return to “The Coffee House”