Coffee 8-5-17

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 6:22 am

Welcome to the coffee house! Come on in, grab a cup & we'll keep it topped off for you. Who wants waffles? With fresh strawberries in a sugar syrup? OK!

I'm headed to north camp this coming week. Hoping to spend 3 weekends & encompass two full weeks up there. A house sitter will feed the cat & tell customers to come back in Sept. Ahhhh, it'll be nice to get away. There is a big change up there though. Bob, the next door neighbor will not be there. He's lived there for many years now, but time has marched on and he now can not stay alone. He's in an old folks home in CT. We are not sure if he'll ever see camp again. A prayer for him would be appreciated. His absence changes things for us.... he was our internet connection. I'm pretty sure you won't see me until Sept first! Maybe, just maybe some other neighbor will have a connection that I can use...... or maybe my phone will work? Time will tell, but if I'm not here.....will someone flip the switch & make coffee for us? Thanks!

We need rain. It's been dry for almost 3 weeks it seems. I'm watering the garden, but it needs a good rain soaking. We did pick a zucchini this week. Tomatoes.....slow, but coming.

Hope you all have a smooth weekend. Hug your loved ones & forward we go!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 6:31 am

Mornin all, waffles sound real good Freddy & this coffee hits the spot!! Thanx. I'm gonna leave some home churned butter--enjoy! Camp sounds real good my friend. Prayers for Bob indeed!! Mowed yesterday just before all hell broke loose--thunder, lightning, torrential rain. Been bone dry all week. Not much goin on here on the hill. Oh well, something always come up! Enjoy the week-end people.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 7:25 am

Sorry to hear about neighbor Bob, we will put him in our prayers. We got the job of dog sitting for a month, so now we have 4 & ours is the smallest at 60#. Always something with the S in L, this family crap is wearing thin. We like many have been dry with July being the 4th driest since they started keeping records for the area, yesterday we got just short of 4 inches, too much too fast but better than nothing. Light Co. picnic today & we're going to take the Dobe with us & see how service dogs are accepted. Hope all have a safe productive day, I still have to do some basement moving & cleaning to make room for the 2 ton I pre-paid for, I've been waiting for cooler weather to pick it up for obvious reasons if it involves hauling all that down the stairs I'd rather not on a hot day.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 7:43 am

Mornin' all,
Sipping a coffee is Saturday morning's "What's goin on?"
Freddy- enjoy the getaway- 'Dog Days of August' are a good time to go fishin'. The 'coffee shop' will be fine.
I've been busy trimming my Christmas trees-about half done. We get a rain sprinkle/shower every couple/three days.
FF- we're forecast to get the thunder today that you had yesterday.
Enjoy the Summer, everyone. Like Freddy says, "3 weeks to Labor Day!!!"
Cheers

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 7:54 am

Well Good Morning,Gang !!

It's really easy to take a minute and think about Camp Neighbor Bob ! It's a Rare Grace to have someone like him in Your Life ! Freddy,after all You've been through in this Life,I know You understand my thoughts...... At this time,it may just be You who picks up Bob's Walking Stick and keeps The Camp Trail Active. Don't let it go cold. We need more Fine Folks like Camp Neighbor Bob in Our Lives !

Aside from those thoughts,We sure got whacked hard yesterday. When the Training Severe Storms were done wreaking Havoc with Us,We had the Grace and Dignity to send them over to Freetown Fred and Samhill ! As a result,I get to be here to type the tale.....

I'll be going back in after having 8 hrs. off to finish the Daylight Clean-Up and Restoration of some of Our more Difficult Access Area's. We like to call them the "Killer Onesies-Twosies". That's where the Crew busts hump all day to get one or two Homes on.......

In Closing,I'm Hoping All of You rode out yesterdays' Rough Weather and are Safe and Sound ! Freddy,enjoy The Moments at Camp !

As Always,Take Care,My Faithful Carbonites !!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 8:31 am

Morn'in all,

Just coffee and oatmeal for me today. I'm heading up to Wiconisco to look at EFM and Van Wert stokers. On the way back, I plan to stop by Scrappers place to see what he is work'in on, if he is there. I'll post pics tonight.

Glad to see everyone made it through the storms yesterday/last night. It's been doing that for 3 days strait down here. This July was one of the wettest on record. That's OK with me, I'll take rainy over blaze'in hot, 90+ degree sunshine any day.

Have a good weekend everybody!

-Don

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 8:53 am

Good morning NEPA friends and hows this cool overcast morning? Waffles will be just fine Freddy :D .
Sorry to hear about Bob Freddy but I'm sure he's not happy about not being able to go to camp either, If you can't get the internet just enjoy the time away from that technology as I did last weekend camping without a phone or internet( I loved every minute of It!!!)
We are on a 10 day 3 park camping trip with the first camping along the river and doing a pig roast for friends and family plus getting in some tubing in when I had time in-between cooking and shuttling people up river with their tubes(I wouldn't have traded it for the world nor would have changed a thing)
IMG_5779.jpg
.JPG | 332.1KB | IMG_5779.jpg
IMG_5786.JPG
.JPG | 217.7KB | IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5792.jpg
.JPG | 185.9KB | IMG_5792.jpg
The modifications I made to the spit worked well as it was never intended to spin 80lbs of meat, well Its back to reality in 2 days and back to the working life but as they say " all good things must come to a end" :cry:
Ok friends have a great day and up coming week, stay safe and try to enjoy!!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 9:23 am

Morning all, still resting after a 2 day run down from Maine. Spent the first night in Sanford with my 2 sisters, took the scenic route up to Great Sacandaga Lake by way of NH and Vermont, and spent that night at my brothers.....I must say, there is beautiful country everywhere I go between Chattanooga and the far reaches of Maine.
Enjoy Camp Freddy, this is the best time of year up there......warm days and cool nights. Although that is what I had for weather the last 2 weeks also. The blueberry season is on, and this marks a big change for them. Many small growers are out of business and the larger independents are not sure of the future. My brother has one of his harvesters on the big companies land, but has already shut down production on his leased and personally owned fields. NAFTA continues to hurt.
Wish we got some of that rain, the same system trailed across us last night but it broke up and didnt drop any here......getting dry.
Wifey is all in for getting a really small camper and taking a few days to make the trip to Maine and back...I want to stop at some of these jewels in between the interstates...someday....

Kevin

Freddy, your situation with your neighbor reminds me of the story in the BDN recently about the camp on Crawford Pond in Union......

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 10:06 am

Good morning all. Rainy day here, so time for an inside job. I am about to hang a monster chandelier in our dining room. Wish me luck!

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 10:26 am

Morning guys, I'd like to post some pictures from last weekend. Potter county PA. Dennis

Maybe I can't do video. I'll try stills.

Attachments

trim.5AA54BFC-4C33-43E3-834E-0321576036AB.MOV
.MOV | 4.8MB | trim.5AA54BFC-4C33-43E3-834E-0321576036AB.MOV
IMG_0854.JPG
.JPG | 181.1KB | IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
.JPG | 120.3KB | IMG_0875.JPG

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 05, 2017 6:52 pm

pintoplumber wrote:Morning guys, I'd like to post some pictures from last weekend. Potter county PA. Dennis

Maybe I can't do video. I'll try stills.
Looks like the bird feeder wasn't high enough to keep the bear out!

-Don

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sun. Aug. 06, 2017 8:18 am

My brother welded that 3' extension to get it up higher. It's about 13' up now. He thought they were reaching it from the ground. Then a game camera showed one up top. He greased the pole on this side, but it's just as easy going up the other side.

Attachments

IMG_0849.JPG
.JPG | 182.8KB | IMG_0849.JPG

Return to “The Coffee House”