Coffee 7-29-2017

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 1:04 am

Early bird coffee! Is it ever too early? No matter the time, come in, make yourself comfy & join us for coffee & start the day off right. Breakfast sandwiches are on the grill soon. If you just need a snack a Thomas English muffin & home made jelly should fix you right up.

T'were a busy week. I did a pair of leather seats for a Mazda Miata. What a cute little car! You need a shoehorn to get in & a hoist to get out. Then some charity sign jobs for the fire department. Maybe a weekend off? Yippee! It's suppose to be nice. Maybe a seadoo ride down the river. See if I can scare up an eagle or two.

I also got the coal bin loaded. I like getting that done before Sept.

Linda should be home in a few days..... I'm getting some tired of Keeoh dog & I eating the same food. LOL

Enjoy the weekend!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 7:06 am

Mornin all, English muffin & coffee sounds good Freddy--thanx. Got some roof patchin to do today, gonna pick up young Amish neighbor. Yep, right where stove pipe comes through roof. It's seen a lot of wood & coal in the past 25 yrs. Pix to follow at some point today. Enjoy the week-end people.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 8:50 am

Morning gentlemen

I am about an hour or so from home and just had a load of sand put on. Coffee was good before I ran out the door this morning but I did finish up a bag of powdered mini-donuts that has been riding around with me. We had some major rain last eve, I don't have a gauge out this year but I heard 2-3 inches, I know the creeks are pretty high on my way down here this morning.

You guys have a great weekend

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 9:12 am

Hey Hey,Coffee With Freddy's 'Da Way !!

Good Morning with Festivizations,Celebrations and Much to be Happy About this Morning ! This a.m. dawns with the fact that my Wife starts the Rest of Her Life Today ! She has pulled the pin,and has RETIRED from Our Local School System ! The Ohio SERS Pension System has undergone many Major Changes,and in order to capture what she's hard-earned,she had to go now..... Darn,I've got my Wife back !! We've Lived like Animals,working off shift of each other for way too long,and are now enjoying Coffee with Freddy(and You Fine Carbonites)every day now !~! What the Hell could a man want for more ?

Carry on,My Friends,and Fully Understand that We are a Simple Couple here. We knew that there were Long Odds at coming to this point,and We're not taking anything for granted,and We know that We're not Entitled to anything,especially even tomorrow's Wake-Up !

I think We're going to drive this deal like We've stolen it !!

Take Good Care,Gang !!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 9:18 am

Good morning. It is shaping up to be a great weekend. Last weekend was my son's birthday, and we got him a tiny ATV to ride around the property. He has been doing great with it so far. Just changed out the break in oil and topped it off with gas...ready for another week.

My birthday is Monday....I will be 35. My wife got me a kegerator, and my brother and his wife got me a keg of craft beer. Pictures to follow. :D

Attachments

IMG_20170724_141727593_HDR.jpg
.JPG | 163.1KB | IMG_20170724_141727593_HDR.jpg

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 10:22 am

Good morning. I got in late so I slept in a little this morning. It should be a good weekend, a front moved through giving rain and some nice temperatures.
There is a lot to do so I guess I’ll find something to keep busy this weekend. Did you know that today is “National Lasagna Day” and July is “National Ice Cream Month” and I just made this weekend ditch the diet weekend.

Have a safe and happy weekend.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Pix as promised. If she leaks now, I'm just gonna burn the old homestead down & down size!!! :lol:
freetown fred wrote:Mornin all, English muffin & coffee sounds good Freddy--thanx. Got some roof patchin to do today, gonna pick up young Amish neighbor. Yep, right where stove pipe comes through roof. It's seen a lot of wood & coal in the past 25 yrs. YEP, same pipe set up--just replace black pipe inside every couple yrs. Pix to follow at some point today. Enjoy the week-end people.

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 48.6KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 49.1KB | 002.JPG

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 3:12 pm

:yes:

Attachments

IMG_20170729_151028900.jpg
.JPG | 74.8KB | IMG_20170729_151028900.jpg
IMG_20170729_151038884.jpg
.JPG | 79.8KB | IMG_20170729_151038884.jpg

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 4:50 pm

We went grocery shopping and the wife never passed a Dunkin Donuts she didn’t stop at. We got our order and it came to $6.66. I said what if we are killed in a car accident on the way home. :o :twisted:

I’m just checking in to let everyone know we made it home alive… :clap: I think. :what:

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Has anybody heard from gaw?????????????????????? :lol:

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sun. Jul. 30, 2017 8:15 am

Good morning all,

I am a day late. I was on the road cycling early yesterday and in the hurry to get ready to ride, I forgot to stop in for a cup of java. It was a long day in the saddle. We had nasty head winds for the first half of the ride. At times we were hardly moving forward. At noon we had reached our half way point and we all rejoiced as we knew we would have a nice second half ride as the wind would now be at our backs giving us a well deserved push. What a push we received, we were back at my place by 5 p.m. Twelve hours in the saddle made for a very long day. Everyone hung around for about an hour. My wife came to me at 6:30 p.m. to ask if I was up for an 8 mile run on our favorite path. Not really but I could not pass up a run on our favorite running path with my wife. We ran a nice easy pace.

Today I am waiting for a couple of my cycling friends to show up for an easy recovery ride today. We currently have no wind so it should be an enjoyable 40 mile ride.

I need to start getting coal for the upcoming winter. I can see it now, winter will be upon me and I will not have any coal purchased. The two 507's are still pulling duty keeping everything dry and comfortable.

On the car front, we tried out another Audi and after the test drive we had a punch list of items we would like addressed before we decide to purchase. So far the dealership has been good concerning our long punch list. I guess they really want to sell us this Audi. We will know by the end of Wednesday if we are going to purchase the vehicle, they should have finished our punch list by then. I will post pics and such if we do purchase it.

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday and I hope everyone has a productive weekend. I am off to get ready for the ride. Remember, we are now one day closer to the first snow fall and our first killing frost.

The snowman.

Return to “The Coffee House”