Coffe 7-22-17

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 6:14 am

Morning all,

Sorry Freddy, I am up early and ready to go. So, since I am up I have scrambled eggs both plain and with cheese, eggs over easy, oatmeal sitting on the stove, toast both white and wheat bread and lets not forget the bacon and sausage. I have twenty pounds of bacon, I hope everyone is hungry for bacon. I was going to make grits but I do not know how. If you look left of the stove you will find bananas, apples, peaches, grapes, and my favorite black berries. I found my best clean sock for java. For those of you who desire something more I have pepsi, coke, apple juice, cranberry juice, and prune juice. In the pantry across from the java you will find water and pudding, just in case. So come on in sit down and enjoy. If I don't have it out just search for it you will be sure to find what your looking for.

I see we have some warm temps outside and I have a few friends coming any minute to go for a 50 mile cycle. It is going to be and epic ride. I'm sure we will be riding at full gas. I will be testing out my new addition to my helmet, a small velcro attachment designed to cut down wind noise in the ears. I hope it works.

On the car front, we have been looking at several new to us vehicles. We will be trying out an Audi on Monday and if it all checks out we will probably purchase it. I have the dealership hopping with requests for different items. They are small things but I believe since I am paying prime money for a used vehicle I want it to be as near new as it can be. I will keep you posted and will be sure to post pics when and if the deal goes through.

I have decided I can't wait until winter arrives. This summer rain has done a number on our garden. We had a storm blow through two days ago which packed hail, heavy rain, and high winds. Yup you guessed it our garden is pretty much wasted now. I hope we can get at least a tomato or two but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, I have riders pounding at the door so I must get my back side in gear. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The snowman.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 6:15 am

Good day! Come in, have a cup o' Jo & get the day started. Linda is in PA this week so it's breakfast sandwiches.... Thomas English muffins, fresh eggs over easy, and bacon. Cheese as an option. Enjoy!

Yup, I'm a bachelor for a week. Linda is off to catch up with family & friends. Also a Dr appt. She has a favorite Dr that's going to do cataract surgery for her. I hope he doesn't find 27 contact lenses in her eye. Did you see that in the newspaper? An elderly lady in England went in for eye surgery & they found a lump of old contact lenses stuffed in her eye. I can't imagine!

The garden is finally doing better. If it's not too hot I need to do some major weeding today. We will certainly have a huge tomato supply come Fall! Man-O-Man.... they are taking over!

This week I hope to fill my coal bin. I have never been sorry doing it early.

Hope you all have a smooth week. Latah!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 7:55 am

Good morning friends, I can't believe you guys didn't bump into each other opening the coffee house this morning!! Not much going on this morning I just took it upon my self to come to work on a Saturday ( I f----ing hate working on the weekend but I have lots of stuff to get done before my week off) .
We've just been camping and trying to get some stuff done around the house, I finally ordered the molding for the living room so now I can work on it when I have time. Sorry to hear about the rabbit Freddy and that crazy pole building builder Fred Freetown dam I hope I have 1/2 of your energy when I'm your age :D .
Have a good day people.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 8:00 am

Keepaeyeonit wrote:Good morning friends, I can't believe you guys didn't bump into each other opening the coffee house this morning!!
I had to merge the topics, they were both typing at the same time. :D

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 8:53 am

Good morning men

I know it's late but I have part of my day in, just stopping in for another coffee and rest a little while. I went down to the shop a little after 6 to get the tri-axle greased before the heat sets in. Now I just need to do a quick wash job and it's ready to roll for Monday.

The Dr. cleared me to drive again late last week so I ran two partial days just to see how it would go. Things went very well so I will try a full day on Monday. He expects a full recovery is well on its way and I feel very good. I know what my limits are and I just won't push it.

Have a great weekend. If all goes well, there are a few neighbors coming by to pull the old oil boiler up out of the basement this afternoon. It looks so lonely over there in the corner unpiped and abandoned...for some reason I don't feel bad at all! :D

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 9:37 am

Good morning all. I am typing this from Burlington Vermont. My wife and I are headed to the Vermont Brewer's Festival at noon, and then out with friends afterwards. Tomorrow we need to blast home and get ready for my son's birthday party....he turns 6 tomorrow.

Lawn is still growing like it is late May, it really got away from me last week. Everytime I tried to mow we got a cloudburst. I finally got it knocked down, but it was a battle.

I have been busy getting our "guest house" ready for some new tenants on 8/1. The house has been empty since last October, but a month ago some people pulled in the driveway and asked if they could rent it for 4-6 months. Turns out they are selling their home in Vermont, and building a retirement home right down the road from me. They seem like wonderful people, and will be a nice addition to the neighborhood. The only downside is that some things in the house needed attention, and my timeline was pretty compressed. The biggest issue was that the tub faucet apparently started dripping while the last tenants lived there, and corroded the cast iron tub, drain, and drain lever. There was no getting it apart, so I had my favorite contractor put in a new tub. I was lucky that he was able to fit it in with such short notice, and willing to do it in the first place. Timeline and budget didn't allow for a full bathroom gut, so he had to mate the old with the new. I hated to do that, but it turned out nice. I also had him install a new toilet. 1.28 gallons per flush?! Almost exactly half the water of the old toilet. I was skeptical, but after a test run I must admit that it works very well. It is very noticeable that the toilet takes less time to fill, and should be a benefit for the 40+ year old septic system. I am probably going to have one put in our house also.

Enjoy the weekend.

Attachments

IMG_20170720_132757013.jpg
.JPG | 47KB | IMG_20170720_132757013.jpg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Looks good Rob. Runnin late--got the big barn job wrapped up this AM--lil filly's are goin on 4 months & are doin real well with their trainin. Other then that & also mowin around the house--just done-- nothing new here on the hill. Enjoy the week-end people--Thanx for the vittles Freddy! :)

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 49.6KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 52.9KB | 002.JPG
003.JPG
.JPG | 51.3KB | 003.JPG
001.JPG
.JPG | 73.4KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 75.8KB | 002.JPG

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Jul. 22, 2017 2:13 pm

I took a run up to DiRenzo's today and got another 2 1/2 tons of stove. It's too hot to unload it today, it can sit on the trailer 'till it cools down a little. Dennis

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 7:43 am

No time to stay yesterday. I worked in the yard trying to get as much done before the rain. Accuweather made it look as though the rain would hold off till 5 or later but we were soaked by 3.

Yesterday evening had supper out with the wife then went to see Dunkirk. The critics love it but I don’t know why. We both liked it but would not call it great. There is too much jumping around and messing with the time line for me.

We are going to Hershey Park today and they are calling for more rain, of course. I guess we will see how it works out.

Has anyone noticed the annual cicada were late this year. I always found that you could mark your calendar for the fourth of July as the day the cicadas started singing in my area. This year they were a week late, at least. I think they emerge based on ground temperature. What does that say if it took an extra week to ten days to warm up this year.

Y’all have a good rest of the weekend.

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 7:48 am

Good morning everyone!! Toast scrambled eggs with hot sauce and bacon this morning!! I've been off all week, put the septic in, the electrical in, and prepped the base for the floor, back filling this morning, and putting my water line in this week and pouring the floor, house is being set on foundation augaust 7th.

Have a great Sunday!!

Attachments

IMG_5835.JPG
.JPG | 130.7KB | IMG_5835.JPG
IMG_5840.JPG
.JPG | 144KB | IMG_5840.JPG
IMG_5853.JPG
.JPG | 117.3KB | IMG_5853.JPG
IMG_5860.JPG
.JPG | 206.1KB | IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_5843.JPG
.JPG | 192.8KB | IMG_5843.JPG

Rob R.
Site Moderator

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 8:13 am

Jobsite is looking great. Beautiful setting for a home.

What are your plans for your current home?

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 8:22 am

Rob R. wrote:1.28 gallons per flush?! Almost exactly half the water of the old toilet. I was skeptical, but after a test run I must admit that it works very well. It is very noticeable that the toilet takes less time to fill, and should be a benefit for the 40+ year old septic system. I am probably going to have one put in our house also.
In my Grandmother bathroom renovation my Aunt picked out the $100 toilet from Lowes.... I was very concerned about it. The seat, hardware and innards are cheesy but it functions extremely well and those things can be replaced when needed. It's a double flusher, you just push the lever down and release for fast flush. Holding it down gives you regular flush. To be honest I never have to use the full flush.

hotblast1357

Post by hotblast1357 » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 9:10 am

Rob R. wrote:Jobsite is looking great. Beautiful setting for a home.

What are your plans for your current home?

Thanks rob! That house is already sold and gone!

Rob R.
Site Moderator

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 9:22 am

Well that is the way to do it. I assume you are staying with family until the new house is finished?

Did the buyers of your old home want the New Yorker?

hotblast1357

Post by hotblast1357 » Sun. Jul. 23, 2017 9:36 am

Yes we are staying with family,

And yes the New Yorker stayed all hooked up and ready to go, although I don't think he'll ever use it lol

Return to “The Coffee House”