Coffee 7-15-2017

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 15, 2017 5:47 am

Good day! The coffee is hot & crunchy top blueberry muffins are cooking. Scrambled eggs & a link of sausage should get us to noon. I guess we can start using the cup that Amelia Earhart left.....looks like she's not coming back for it.

Finally, some decent weather. I hope it keeps up until October.....at this point we deserve it. The garden is doing better....well...at least the tomatoes. It's strange. The tomatoes are going gangbusters while everything else seems slow. What will be will be. I am finally caught up on work so perhaps I can take more time to weed.

Have you ever buried a pet that didn't have a name? A pet that you didn't know was a pet until after the fact? Yup, leave it to Linda & I to end up with that story. For the last month there has been a sole bunny rabbit around the yard. We'd see him usually twice a week, by the garage, under the picnic table, out by the shed. We'd talk to him & get within 25 feet & he seemed happy to see us. Sadly I found him yesterday in the road, hit by a car. *sigh* Well, if nothing else, he got the dignity that any pet gets, a grave all his own, and a few words good-bye.

I hope you all have a smooth weekend. Hug your loved ones & forward we go.

Attachments

20170702_203051[1].jpg
.JPG | 73.8KB | 20170702_203051[1].jpg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 15, 2017 6:58 am

Mornin all. Nice b-fast choice Freddy!:) Poor bunny, damn cars!!! Wrapped up my part of this (MY) last barn job--got braces on for truss's. I'm back to just working up bids & I live to fight another day!! :lol: Hopin it dry's up enough to get the lawn mowed today, Enjoy the week-end people.

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 66.4KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 76KB | 002.JPG

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Jul. 15, 2017 7:54 am

Good morning all, just a cup of joe for me until the wife wakes & tells me what we're going to do. Yesterday was a little trip to HBs general area (Ibelieve), had to go to the Geaugiua County Municipal area to meet a guy & buy a doghouse, instead of a bunny we have a neighborhood dog. He's actually owned by a neighbor but not taken care of or even given shelter so the rest of us tend to feed & try to shelter him. Seems that most of Ohio has roads closed & detours & in this area a detour can be many miles. On one of these detours which hit some back roads for car traffic we drove past Don Kings digs or perhaps past digs, talk about flaunting money he has life size statues of giraffes & elephants & such along with about a mile of vinyl fence. Tyson also had a mansion nearby that is now some type of church retreat, all kind of hidden along a narrow road, wasn't expecting anything of that complexion around those parts. I'm gonna have to look it up & see if there is any info or pics online, the Municipal complex is probably worth more than my entire Twp. but it's looks like they did everything right & all services are in one area.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Jul. 15, 2017 8:05 am

Morning all,

Freddy, thanks for the grub, I'm going to grab two muffins. At least you were able to enjoy the rabbit even though it was for a short time.
Freetown fred, nice! you are busy. I was hoping to get in a 40 mile cycle today, however, it is currently raining. Damn rain. With all this rain the garden is struggling to stay alive. It has been an interesting week. Did I every tell you guys I hate car dealerships. I went to try out a vehicle this week. They want too much for it, I think they feel the car is made out of gold. They are trying to get a new car price from a used vehicle. I gave the salesperson my final offer yesterday. I do not think we will be making a deal. It basically comes down to I want a longer powertrain warranty and they do not want to provide one. They fail to see what they may loose in giving me a longer powertrain warranty, they would make up and more through the service department servicing the vehicle. My coal is smarter than the salesperson, at least I can reason with the coal.

Not much happening here today, my wife and I were suppose to travel to my parents for a birthday party for my sister. Since the week was so busy and upcoming week is going to be even more hectic, we decided to stay home. The family understands so it is no big deal. The 507's are struggling to keep things dry as the moisture in and around the shop and house seems to climb everyday. I hope August dries out a little giving us more sunny days. I can go on but I really should get something accomplished today. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. So it is official, we are now one more day closer to the end of the summer and the beginning of the heating season. YES!!

The snowman.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi all. Spent a few hours in the office this morning, just put a new kitchen faucet in the rental house (30 minute job, yeah right! not bad after I yanked the sink out)...now headed to the drag races in Quebec with my dad.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Greetings,Carbonites !

Compassion,it's what's always on the Menu in 'Der Coffee House,Freddy ! Both You and Sam get this weeks' Award for giving a Damn when others don't !
I think that's worth it's weight in Gold. Fred,are You sure You 'aint 21 again? Nice Job,Mister ! As far as I'm concerned,I like the pace of a slow Summer Weekend....... That's All that's on the Menu,here in Hambville ! As Always,Take Care,Gang !!

Return to “The Coffee House”