Coffee 7-8-2017

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 6:10 am

You found the place....come on in & have a cup of the best coffee on Earth. Starbucks has been begging for this bean recipe. HA! We have a good old fashion breakfast today: Bacon, fresh scrambled eggs, home fries & toast with Renate's homemade raspberry jelly. Enjoy!

Paul & I are headed to north camp this morning. Bob Day, the elderly next door neighbor is ill and likely will never make it back to camp. He was so hoping to die right there, but now he's stuck bouncing between nursing homes & hospitals. *sigh* Bob has been a fixture at camp my entire life. He will be sorely missed. Paul & I have got to rescue a four wheeler that stuck in Bob's collapsed Rhino shelter. I guess I'll be bringing it home. I don't want to leave it outside....especially with Bob not "guarding" it. Bob lived there all year round.....and loved it.

The garden is struggling, but the tomatoes are going wild...and I mean wild... we have lot's of "volunteers"....seeds from last year that came up by themselves. The rest of the garden may go to the dogs, but we'll have 55 gallon drums of spaghetti sauce!

FFred.... You go! I think you have time to build 7seven more barns this season. Yowza!

Hug your loved ones & have a good week.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 9:07 am

good morning all,

Yup, I'm late again. I have no excuses. Freddy, thanks for the good grub. Since nobody is here yet, I'm going to pig out and stuff myself. My wife and I are still looking at purchasing a new to us replacement for our aging Audi. We thought we had one as we made an appointment to purchase a vehicle from our local dealership, however, they decided to sell it to someone else before we arrived at the dealership. So, I have an appointment with another dealership to test drive a vehicle on Tuesday. I like the vehicle, however, I believe the gap between what I want to pay and what the dealership wants is too wide. We will see.

The two 507's are still pulling duty keeping the house and the shop dry. I love burning coal through the summer. I actually do like it. I need to start getting my coal supply for the up coming winter.

I had a near miss with a vehicle that ran a stop sign yesterday while cycling. An elderly women ran a stop sign and I almost t-boned her car. It was close. I saw my life flash before my eyes and to me it seemed too damn short. I'm hoping for some sun shine so I can get in some quality riding this week.

I must get my butt going so I can at least make an attempt to be productive today. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. Remember, we are now one more day closer to the first match of the season.

The snowman.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 9:23 am

I will join you this morning Freddy, I don't get the chance to frequent here often. The coffee tastes great as usual.

Very sorry to hear of your friend Bob, I will have the situation in prayer. It's hard watching our friends begin their journey home, especially when it is a long road. God bless you.

I have an excuse for my tardiness here on a Saturday morning, I am normally out the door hours ago. I am still out to pasture due to spine surgery, they removed a busted-up disc in the bottom of my neck 2 weeks ago. I have my good days and my bad days but slowly the good are beginning to outnumber the bad. I am still confined to the recliner much of the time but I am supposed to walk as much as I can so I will be going outside after I type this. I try to get 5 laps around the houses and truck shop every day.

I still likely have 2 more weeks ahead of me before I will be cleared to go back to work. Although I don't enjoy the sitting around, I have enjoyed the extra time I have gotten to spend with my wife and the little guy that I normally would never get. Watchin' Mickey Mouse with him (he is 2) while I have coffee is the morning ritual for now but one that I have enjoyed.

Once I am well again I need to begin installing the DF520 in this house, we just moved 2 doors down the street in April. A full over-haul of the heating system is expected and I have been making plans and anticipating. All new triple-pane windows were installed before we moved in and with cast-iron radiators divided into zones we should be very comfortable when old man Winter rares his ugly head. I cannot wait to drive the final stake in the heart of the oil-burner, I dream at night of cutting the first pipe.

I hope everyone is having a splendid Summer. I can't wait to get back on the move again but I don't want to wish my life away...the heating season will be here soon enough.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 10:27 am

Not much news here in Lake Wobegon, ceptin last week I saw a bobcat and this week a bear.

Ron, the woodcutter,, stopped his truck to chat with me down by the river. His wife was drivin. All of a sudden she jumped out the truck and Ron soon followed out the truck side window. Seems they was a black snake in there. Handed him my walkin stick and he soon fished out a two foot snake. No back window in the truck might have had somthin to do with it.

Snowman makes me tired just readin bout his runnin an bikin..

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Runnin late. Set support braces for 100' X 50' hay barn this AM--trusses w/ boom truck comin Mon. AM--crap--I'm takin a nap!! :lol: Enjoy the week-end people! Hmmm, lil late with pix!!

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 66.4KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 76KB | 002.JPG
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Checking in late. Had to go into the office for a few hours this morning, but got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July, and enjoys this weekend as well.

Not much for news from this week. I put a new CB radio in the pickup, but I still can't get a hold of that Freetown Fred guy everyone is talking about.

snuffy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by snuffy » Sat. Jul. 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow FF. Your pace is shaming this under 60 fellow. Reminds me of an old cartoon of a tortoise and a rabbit - I can't remember the name of it though. Hats off to you.

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sun. Jul. 09, 2017 7:22 am

I'm out in Norwalk OH drag racing this weekend. I lost in the finals of the y block class. 2nd final I've made.

Attachments

IMG_0791.JPG
.JPG | 118KB | IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG
.JPG | 142.9KB | IMG_0811.JPG

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 09, 2017 9:57 am

Nice P. :) Well, I'm guessin the Belgium mare is bred--sent her & the stud horse back home. Lil filly's are weaned & have come over to get fat & sassy!! :lol: Born mid March 1 wk. apart. I'll have them till snow fly's.

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 82.2KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 91.8KB | 002.JPG

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jul. 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Yay ! Home from The Bay and All is OK !!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Jul. 09, 2017 9:50 pm

I had to work all weekend but somebody has to keep the world turning for you guys. Was in New England Saturday and nobody works or stays home on the weekend up there.
Sorry about your friend Freddy.
Snowman, watch out for those little old ladies!
Franco b, that was just a baby snake at 2' what would have they done if it were 6'? Those black snakes are all over around here, something in the air makes them die from lead poisoning now and then.
Pinto, when I switched from long dresses to short skirts I started winning most of my drag races :lol:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Mon. Jul. 10, 2017 10:59 am

I hope everyone is having a good Monday :no1: (I hate Mondays) just stopped to say hay( that's for FF :D ) have a good week and be safe!!

Return to “The Coffee House”