Coffee 7-1-2017

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 6:34 am

Welcome! To the coffee house....and July. Come on in, spend a minute & share a quick thought. The coffee is hot & American Flag coffee cups just for this 4th of July weekend. Waffles with strawberry stripes & blueberry stars are ready to eat. Enjoy!

The garden is soooo much different than last year. Last year was the first veggy garden we ever planted.....well... Linda has had a garden, but not me. Last year it was the best garden ever, and we kind of knew that, but this year.....ohh, it'll be OK in the end, but things are slow, and late, other than the weeds. They are doing great! I think we may need to replant some things that aren't coming up at all. We had an awful rain a few days after planting & I'm starting to think things drowned, or got packed so tight they couldn't get up through the soil. Half the cukes came up, none of the lettuce, carrots, or radishes. All the other stuff is OK. Is it too late to replant? I dunno... we may be harvesting on Christmas day. ;)

I hope you all have a great 4th!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 6:41 am

Mornin all--NICE on the waffles Freddy!! :) Well, started a new job Mon.--been a real busy week--I had fun runnin a machine that's gotta be damn near as old as me!! LOL Enjoy the week-end people & remember what it's all about! PS--had a couple inches of hail on Thurs. --didn't do the crops much good but they'll come back--roads & fields were covered---STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Attachments

002.JPG
.JPG | 80.8KB | 002.JPG
004.JPG
.JPG | 82.6KB | 004.JPG
003.JPG
.JPG | 68.7KB | 003.JPG
004.JPG
.JPG | 78.4KB | 004.JPG
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 6:49 am

Happy 4th everyone. We got a few inches of rain the night before last, and things are pretty mushy. My garden is doing excellent, which I attribute to the use of raised & drained beds. I also put a few inches of chicken manure in the bottom of each bed - theory being that if the plants want some, they will go get it....if not, they won't get burned. So far so good.

My dad is still running his EFM! Latest in the season that he has ever run it. At this right he might as well go through the entire summer.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 7:07 am

Good morning all ant how's things this 4th of July weekend? Waffles sound very good right about now Freddy as I'm sitting under the awning in the rain drinking coffee in NY.
I see day by day how the site is changing, we are seeing some retirements and the replacements hove yet to be seen but I'm sure there here trying to settle into there new positions :D .
Not much happening around the house just keeping up with all the week to week stuff, I did get the steel for the cargo rack I'm building for the front of the camper( pics to come as I finish it) I couldn't find one the size I needed so we must build our own :geek: , ok friends have a safe weekend and enjoy the holiday but like Freetown said let's not forget why we celebrate this day :yes: .

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 8:41 am

Morning all,

Damn I'm late, for some reason I thought today was Friday. My wife asked why I had not posted to the forum yet. I'll eat what is left over, I can warm them up in the microwave. Its was a busy week and looks like it is going to be an interesting weekend. Do not forget to hug your loved ones. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The snowman.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 01, 2017 8:49 am

Man,Are You Nice Folks Screwed Or What ?

You thought that You'd be spared this drivel and commentary,You thought that 'Ol Ham would've slithered out to "'Da' Bay" and be Mercifully Incommunicado !

Alas,not to be ! Mutha Nature laid in a new course with other plans for me.... What a rain,in the form of a train,as in training Monsoon like and flooding the living daylights along much of my 110 mile path to Serenity ! Not even the Stealthy Likes of Freetown Fred in an Airboat,along with Freddy on his Jet Ski,would've helped me get from point A to point B in a Sensible Fashion !

So now You get this.... Sorry !

In all seriousness,coupled with key vagaries of certain misspellings and punctation-sentence structures from Hell,I'm here to Testify that the Company and Coffee have never been better ! As that Pudgy 'Ol Limey,Sir Winston Churchill once said: "This was their finest hour" ! You bet Your Bippy it sure is ! Nothing beats a Fine Coal Faithful Coffee on the Eve of a Fourth Of July !

We All know what it took to get this Holiday established,so Hold It In Your Hearts,and make any Day,any Hour Your and Yours' Finest !

Now,onto the Land of 'Da Cold Beers,Hot Campfires,Campy Camaraderie and All Things Memorable ! !

As Always,Take Care,Gang !!

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 02, 2017 4:37 pm

About a week ago, my 46" VIZIO TV bit the bullet--maybe 8-9 yrs old--after doin some research--found the LED strips were shot--I found a refurbished VIZIO 50" for $299.00-free shipping--got here yesterday & I very carefully set it up exactly like the old one--damn, I'm shocked--got my DISH, my DVD/VCR & Blue Ray all workin!!!!!! Not my forte at all. 90 day warranty plus 3 yr for $30.00--outstanding pix & the extra 4 inches is really noticeable-- hmmmm, that's what she said!!!! :lol: SORRY, couldn't help myself on that one. I gotta say--it sucked not havin a TV for a week. I usually only watch morning news & a couple hrs. at night.

cokehead

Post by cokehead » Sun. Jul. 02, 2017 6:01 pm

freetown fred wrote:Mornin all--NICE on the waffles Freddy!! :) Well, started a new job Mon.--been a real busy week--I had fun runnin a machine that's gotta be damn near as old as me!! LOL Enjoy the week-end people & remember what it's all about! PS--had a couple inches of hail on Thurs. --didn't do the crops much good but they'll come back--roads & fields were covered---STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Better to burn out than to rust! :clap:

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Indeed CH, with all the rain/damp we been having, I reckon that was next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sun. Jul. 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Enjoy the 4th everyone, I am late because I.....worked all weekend! Gotta put in some cash for the run north in 11 days. Although I took in the Cars 3 movie and grouted my own floor in there as well. Thunderstorms are the daily event lately but it is hot and humid in between.
Cold beer Bob??? Say it ain't so! :o And another nice building Fred!

Kevin

Return to “The Coffee House”