Saturday Morning Coffee July 3,2010 G.M.T.+ 8.00

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Fri. Jul. 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Good morning everyone. Freddy, I will serve the first cup this morning. Or shall I say my third cup. The Maxwell House is long gone, but there is plenty of Nescafe. And all the 90 degree C. water you want. This morning we are under mostly clousy skies it's 31.4 degrees with a ten thousand percent humidity.I am wraping up my vacation today. I will leave at 10:00 p.m. for Inchon, S. Korea then J.F.K. The thoughtful tip of the day is don't take anything for granted.Does anyone remember dial up? It took 1.5 hrs. for the server to come on line. Other things like indoor running water. Having to carry a 15 L. bucket to the C.R. (comfort room) or dipping an old oil can in a 15 L. bucket for a shower. We have been truly blessed by God to be born Americans. You don't know what you got till it's gone. There are also things here not seen at home for decades like The bread man. He comes around about 5 yelling Pan Anet. Then about 6 or 7 comes the fish lady with last nights catch. After rush hour and the kids are taken to school. An 8 yes 8 hour school day. the horn blower comes around selling spices and stuff. It is a different world here. Better in some ways and much worse in some. It's time to go so I will see you all on Sunday E.S.T. Rich

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Fri. Jul. 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Safe travels getting home Rich.. It will be in the 30*C + on Sunday and monday around your home.. So you will not suffer a temperature shock.. mabee dry up like a prune with only 65% humidity though.. :lol:

Greg L

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Fri. Jul. 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Coffee on already? It just got dark outside! Well, got 5 chickens today, homemade coop from all the scrap I had around here. They weren't even in the new coop 2-3 hours and had layed an egg already. Hopefully they will be good brown layers. Cross between Speckled Sussex and Black Orpington, think that's what the couple said. http://www.hinkjcpoultry.com/
111111.jpg
.JPG | 88.3KB | 111111.jpg
111112.jpg
.JPG | 148.1KB | 111112.jpg
111113.jpg
.JPG | 121.8KB | 111113.jpg

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Fri. Jul. 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Thank you Greg. That is most likely the high for the day. At 10:00 am it's now 34.1 and climbing. I still have some more Nescafe if someone wants some. Mama will be making more fried rice for lunch. Philippine fried rice bears absolutely no resembelence to anything from a Chinese resturant. There is some fresh bait fish for anyone who wants some. May I offer anyone a Coke? there is nothing like the taste of coke made with cane sugar. There is also fresh lumpia. Philippine egg rolls they are delicious dipped in soy sauce and vinegar. Smitty woukd have a field day here, most motorcycles are two stroke around 150 cc I will be bringing back a case of Tanduay rhum to share with friends upon my return. So come on over Sunday night for a glass. :shots: Just saw your post mozz. Where I am now it's already Saturday. Nothing like fresh eggs. The coop looks good. Be back home tomorrow. C ya

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 6:58 am

It's been a while since I had any Nesca'fe. It's better than I remember! It's easy to think we'd like to have a simpler way of life, but when that includes an outhouse, a hand pump on the sink, and no TIVO.... well, we quickly remember that we do have it pretty easy. My wife was 13 yrs old before they got indoor plumbing. Her entire childhood it was run to the outhouse when nature called. She said she was lucky to be a girl...'specially in the winter. She could "hold it" longer than her brothers and if she timed it right she could go in just as they had finished their morning constitution. It didn't smell much worse, but the seat was warm.
Happy 4th of July! <zing, Bam, BANG!> Don't go telling me it's not the 4th yet, it is where Rich is, and don't go telling me they don't have a 4th in the Philippines, I know darn well their calendar doesn't go from the 3rd to the 5th. HA! Ohhh, I need more coffee.
I did my first paying job with the home made CNC machine. Some guy made the sign, I just did the carving. He'll do the painting also. Nothing too fancy, but it's what he wanted. I was real pleased with how smooth the bottoms of the letters came out.
Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!

Attachments

Hughes (2).JPG
.JPG | 127KB | Hughes (2).JPG

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 7:06 am

‘morning Rich and everyone else. After drinking all these Starbucks bold flavors, too many to mention, regular coffee tastes like the rinse water used to wash the pot. I would sooner spend the day with a coffee withdrawal headache than drink weak coffee.
Duengeon master wrote:Then about 6 or 7 comes the fish lady with last nights catch.
There has got to be a joke in there somewhere but probably not for this forum, maybe FSC. Have a safe trip home.

This weekend sees house work, yard work, garden work and maybe even vehicle maintenance or maybe plan B which would be drink lots of beer and eat burgers all weekend. We’ll see how it works out. Everyone have a safe fourth don’t go loosing hands and fingers. Fireworks are illegal but lots of fun.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 7:19 am

Hell Freddy,we didn't have indoor plumbing till I was around 8 in Bucks County--we had a two seater--me & my sister had some of our better conversations while in the old outhouse--today that would probably be called sibling abuse or some such nonsense---the sign looks real good--good old American ingenuity at work :) This week-end will be for putting up hay--the weather don't get any better for it---think I'll stick w/ my double scoops Maxwell House DARK :shock: Have a good week-end all

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 7:39 am

Morning all,

It's a beautiful day in the Nation's Capital! We are expecting clear skies and a high about 85*. I wish I could say I have special plans but I don't. Instead DK and I will try to get our patio framed out and make final decisions about what we want to do. I was able to recover enough terra cota tiles from a friend to do the entire thing but I don't want that, I want patio blocks trimmed with the bricks I recovered. DK favors the terra cota because free is free and it's better then what we have now which is nothing. I know from past experiences that if the terra cota goes in, I'm stuck with it for virtually all time and eternity. Ok, maybe not but it will seem like it. There could be more fireworks going off around here then just on the National Mall.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, be safe! Lisa

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 10:34 am

Rhum & 2-strokes -- it doesn't get any better than that! 8-)

Looks like my self imposed deadline of July 4th for finishing the bike will come and go. Didn't get much done yesterday .... except get to the bottom of a few 30-packs with my buddies. :lol: Charged up my buddy's A/C out there too. He says I do better work with a buzz. I'd have to agree. :D

Weather is mint today. Sun blazing, blue skies - perfect!

It's that time of the year when I make my annual trek to Worcester -- the only time of the year worth visiting that hell hole: The Summer Nationals! It's been going on for 20 years or so. Hot rods & muscle cars from all over the country actually come to WORCESTER! After all this time, I still can't believe it! They even have burnout contests inside the tunnel on the public road! Everyone can drive around the city with open headers too. It's the one time of the year I can forget I live in the most liberal bastion on earth & actually enjoy this place for a change. Car show is at Green Hill Park, as usual. Fireworks will be blazing, great food, beers. friends & family, all while admiring American Iron from a time when companies gave a crap about something besides their bottom line. A fitting way to spend our celebration of Independence. 8-)

http://www.summernationals.com/index2.html

Everyone have a great 4th!

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 1:38 pm

I made my summer coal run yesterday to Superior. 3 tons of rice @ $160 per ton.
We had time and they weren't busy, so we got to chat with the scale master.
At this time, they have only "open pit" coal. The deep mines that they usually use
are shut down because of the miner locator regulations. The don't expect that to
change any time soon. They have a HUGH pile of stove coal if anybody is looking.
Nice feeling to have the bin full.
Stay safe this weekend.
Tom

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Smitty are you sure it is just for the cars and bikes... :lol:
Looks like some eye candy will be there too... 8-)
Top Magazine Cover Model Brittany Marie! :D
Miss Summer Nationals Beauty Pageant!

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 3:41 pm

tsb wrote:I made my summer coal run yesterday to Superior. 3 tons of rice @ $160 per ton.
At this time, they have only "open pit" coal. The deep mines that they usually use
are shut down because of the miner locator regulations. The don't expect that to
change any time soon. They have a HUGH pile of stove coal if anybody is looking.
Stay safe this weekend.
Tom
I've never known the thrill of running on to the scales for my coal due to living in the DC suburbs and having no room for a bona fide coal bin. However, I'm excited about going to get my first load of bagged coal from my dealer in Jefferson, MD next weekend. It warms my soul to think I'll be warm no matter what strange twists of fate the future brings. Enjoy! Lisa

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sat. Jul. 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Duengeon master wrote:Then about 6 or 7 comes the fish lady with last nights catch.
The fish man used to drive his truck up our road twice a week when I was a kid. The fish was packed in ice, and of course there was a little melting which dripped out the back corner of the truck. The neighborhood cats would follow the truck from house to house and sit under the corner to catch the drips.

I finally dared to remove the Reemay from my squash and cucumbers and pumpkins today. Even a couple weeks ago, the cucumber beetles were on them in minutes if I uncovered any. I guess I out-waited them -- I haven't seen any today. There are about five days of hot full sun predicted, so while Fred is getting in the hay I will be watching the pumpkins grow.

Just adjusted the shift linkage on my son's car; that's about the extent of my mechanical talents. It wasn't releasing the ignition key when he shifted into park -- only needed a few more millimeters of travel to trip the switch. If it was an American car instead of Japanese, it would have needed a tenth of an inch rather than a few millimeters, which would have been easier for me and my old-school math. :roll: A lot of gunk and crumbs and pretzels had somehow gotten under the console, so we vacuumed it out. Must have been a coin there too, because something heavy clanked up through the vacuum hose. I told him it was some part of the car, hopefully not an important one.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Mon. Jul. 05, 2010 3:30 pm

tsb wrote:I made my summer coal run yesterday to Superior. 3 tons of rice @ $160 per ton.
Stay safe this weekend.
Tom
They have one underground mine still sending coal to the breaker The owner Rick brother Larry is still mining coal in his mines . Rick shut his down until the court hearing is over along with the other underground mine the Orchard that supplies them Rick owens a lot of surface mine land so there getting there coal from there right now. until the Judge decides if they have to use the underground tracking devices that The Gov. said they had to use

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Mon. Jul. 05, 2010 3:40 pm

If you say so.

Return to “The Coffee House”