Gun Law News

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 5:15 pm

Did a search for sticker stores. Lots of reports about the State wanting to shut them down because they are illegal as unlicensed businesses.

As I thought, the State is not getting enough tax dollars from the sale of drugs. The ironic parts is, all the reports say that the State will not give you a license to sell weed unless you've been busted for drugs. :o

So, if you're law-abiding citizen, the State wants to bar you from owning a gun. But if you are a felon, they will give you a license to sell a drug. I think Albany is on drugs. :baby:

Paul

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 6:12 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 10:12 am
Congress said they blocked the Feds from having a firearms registration...... but they didn't. All they did was keep the "registration" at all the FFLs so that the Feds could say they have no firearms registration. But, by law they can go through any of those records by just showing up at the FFL.

And I've heard the same from other FFL owners for many years. The books have to be turned over to Feds when the FFL terminates the business.

So, there actually is a firearms registration, without their officially calling it that.

Paul
Exactly!

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 6:56 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 5:15 pm
Did a search for sticker stores. Lots of reports about the State wanting to shut them down because they are illegal as unlicensed businesses.

As I thought, the State is not getting enough tax dollars from the sale of drugs. The ironic parts is, all the reports say that the State will not give you a license to sell weed unless you've been busted for drugs. :o

So, if you're law-abiding citizen, the State wants to bar you from owning a gun. But if you are a felon, they will give you a license to sell a drug. I think Albany is on drugs. :baby:

Paul
Ahhh, gotta love equity.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 7:37 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 4:38 pm
So supposedly sticker shop sells bumper sticker. You get a promotional bag of weed to go with. Only pay regular tax and not the high weed tax.
Hahaha Like the employer paying employees in gold $25 coins, saying they paid them $25. IRS no likey.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Jun. 06, 2023 4:54 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/us-cannot-disarm-people-co ... 59116.html

US cannot ban people convicted of non-violent crimes from owning guns-appeals court

The article is just a summary .. but really, all freemen can have guns ... here they likely say not all felonies result in loss of RKBA.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Jun. 07, 2023 6:23 am

Something to ponder.

According to a google search there are over 725,000 machine guns owned by US citizens.

In the Taser case decided in 2016 by SCOTUS, Jamie Caetano v. State of Mass., the court found that 200,000 electronic defense devices owned by citizens resulted in the finding that stun guns equated to being "in common use". See https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/14-10078

How can machine guns not be protected arms that we can have and can be newly manufactured for our use today ?

Once an arm is "in common use" then the analysis stops. Such items are protected.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Jun. 09, 2023 3:40 pm

Vid indicates that >200K pistol braces registration was applied with the ATF...see @ 5:55 min into vid

Now the ATF is screwed. > 200K = common use

The gov't will have to show that in 1791 that such registration/restrictions were present. They won't be able to show that. And, if correct, that's the end of question of the law is violating 2nd amendment. It would be found unconstitutional.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 9:54 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Wed. Jun. 07, 2023 6:23 am
How can machine guns not be protected arms that we can have and can be newly manufactured for our use today ?
You can only buy a machinegun manufactured prior to the NFA of 1986. Anything after that you need a class III license or forget about owning it legally.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 10:43 am

Despite some blue state's radical attempts to bypass recent pro-gun SCOTUS ruling, overall, the anti-gun mob are slowly losing the fight. And their acts of desperation are more proof of that.

Paul

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 11:37 am

coaledsweat wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 9:54 am
You can only buy a machinegun manufactured prior to the NFA of 1986. Anything after that you need a class III license or forget about owning it legally.
Don’t you need a class 3 no matter what?

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 12:15 pm

grumpy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 11:37 am

Yes, but confusing.

https://thetrustshop.net/nfa-gun-trust/articles/h ... chine-gun/

Paul

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:32 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 9:54 am
That 1968 law is unconstitutional.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:38 pm

grumpy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 11:37 am
No license was needed back in 1791. So none needed today. The 2 major laws concerning auto:

1934 gun control act .. required registration and tax stamp to buy

1968 gun control act ... said no more new ones (auto guns only man. before 1968 date of man,) for citizens

Class 3 FFLs can buy / sell autos (if one presumes 1968 gun law is not unconst.). But only to "authorized" buyers. Almost anyone can be a Class 3 dealer.
Last edited by davidmcbeth3 on Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 2:07 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:32 pm
That 1968 law is unconstitutional.
You and I know that but tell that to the 15 traitors sitting outside. "Uh, sir... that law your accusing me of breaking? It's unconstitutional" :annoyed: ... "Oh... sorry my good man, we didn't think you knew that. Our bad, have a nice day..." :?

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 2:55 pm

BunkerdCaddis wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 2:07 pm
You and I know that but tell that to the 15 traitors sitting outside. "Uh, sir... that law your accusing me of breaking? It's unconstitutional" :annoyed: ... "Oh... sorry my good man, we didn't think you knew that. Our bad, have a nice day..." :?
https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=8690 ... s_sdt=8003

Bourgeois v. Peters federal case (4th amend prevents weapons search to get access to a place where its a crime to bring a weapon into the place) ^^^

Well, as far as guns go and keeping them out of places, like gov't places, courts have noted that if the gov't makes it a crime to have a gun (or weapon, meaning whatever they consider to be a weapon) in a place then the 4th amendment kicks in and does not allow searches of people to get into the place, see court decision linked above where a person was searched to get into a place where its a crime to have a weapon.

So what does one do when the gov't wants to deprive you of a right ? Its certainly a crime to do so under 18 USC 241 and 18 USC 242 (federal laws). Occasionally I place them under arrest under the authority of CGS Sec. 53a-22 (contains citizen arrest authority)- I do not use any force or say that they cannot move or leave...I just say "under authority of 53a-22, I place you under citizens arrest for violating 18usc241/242. Then they scratch their heads. LOL I'll visit the states attorney office/ call FBI many times to seek the law enforced and rights respected.

Heck in my state they passed a law CGS Sec. 54-33b ... notes:

Sec. 54-33b. Search of person. (a) A law enforcement official may ask a person if he or she may conduct a search of their person, provided such law enforcement official has reasonable and articulable suspicion that weapons, contraband or other evidence of a crime is contained upon the person, or that the search is reasonably necessary to further an ongoing law enforcement investigation...

Now they cannot search a person unless they have PC or RAS or part of an ongoing investigation.
Passed in 2020, amended thereafter to what is shown above...all part of response to BLM protests

54-33b is new and I have started contacting law enforcement agencies about this to seek to have them amend their policies. Some have, some have not.

I would advise people to learn the law and statutes where they live, compare to const. case decisions, and obtain police policies and manuals and to examine all. Decide what needs to be changed and contact the government agencies to begin the process.

For most part, I try to educate the public and government and seek changes. If a law enforcement official gets all prissy and confrontational, I arrest. In my state there is no penalty for performing a "bad" citizens arrest as long as reasonable force is used (and I do not use any force at all, to avoid that minefield). Other states are different..its why one needs to know and keep up with the law.

Too much hassle, not worth the effort....then continue to be a sheep, that's up to you. And I am not a wolf..I don't care what the sheep do.

Return to “The Coffee House”