Gun Law News

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 8:44 pm

My state just legalized weed and made a point of mentioning this. Gonna be lots of lying going on.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 8:54 pm

warminmn wrote:
Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 8:44 pm
My state just legalized weed and made a point of mentioning this. Gonna be lots of lying going on.
See if you can find the details. We have some weird regulations. We can have 6 plants per person, but only 3 can be mature, max 12 plants per household. Apparently cops will have to take horticulture classes now to be able to.do their jobs.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 9:17 pm

Just another backdoor way to grab 'em from ya. Typical leftist brainstorming here. MA was one of the 1st states to legalize it years back. Now there are weed shops EVERYWHERE, selling weed at 25% sales tax ... and the state STILL cries that it's broke ... :x

I knew the minute they passed this, they'd use it against 2A. Of course they don't tell anyone that - they wait until the entire state is hooked on convenient weed purchases instead of heading to the local ghetto, then they drop the hammer if you're involved with a brush with the law with your carry weapon and a little baggie of doubage.

Glad I quit that *censored* decades ago.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 9:26 pm

When I had a FFL..I'd tell people to say no. The ATF or gov't doesn't see 4473 forms .. dealers keep them and destroy them over time. I never even saw the ATF in 20+ yrs.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 10:34 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 8:54 pm
See if you can find the details. We have some weird regulations. We can have 6 plants per person, but only 3 can be mature, max 12 plants per household. Apparently cops will have to take horticulture classes now to be able to.do their jobs.
Its way more detailed in the link and theres a goofy thing to do with CBD? too as that was legalized in a weird way a year or two ago. 2 pounds is legal. Holy crap, thats a lot of weed. https://www.marijuanamoment.net/minnesota-governo ... e%20mature.

"As of August 1, adults 21 and older will be able to possess in public up to two ounces of cannabis and they will be allowed to cultivate up to eight plants at home, four of which can be mature. People can possess up to two pounds of marijuana in their residences."

I could care less if people use it, even in front of me. But Im not excited at all about it being legalized.

Theres one thing I do think is super super screwed up with legal weed. They cant sell candy cigarettes. But they can sell edible weed gummies that look just like candy. They should not look edible. Maybe make them look like a dog turd (a poor example) or something a child wouldnt eat. Kids find their parents stash and think its candy and eat a bunch of it when it looks like candy.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 10:45 pm

NY State has been running ads on You Tube to be safe and only buy NYS certified weed. They don't say what would be unsafe. Sounds like a scare tactic to get the tax money. NYS doesn't like competition when it comes to drugs and gambling. :baby:

They are also running an ad that parents should keep their stash away from pets and children. Shows a woman putting a purse sized bag on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet. The bag looks like it can hold enough she'd be stoned for a couple of months. :o

Paul

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 6:11 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 10:45 pm
snip

They are also running an ad that parents should keep their stash away from pets and children. Shows a woman putting a purse sized bag on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet. The bag looks like it can hold enough she'd be stoned for a couple of months. :o

Paul
You have not seen her kids. She needs it.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 8:14 am

So, what's the Gov going to do to any of the weed-users answering the drug question when getting a background check to buy a firearm? What will the State do as they also require the background check ? Weed is still illegal under Fed law and so is lying about the drug question on the form. This has become a hot question in the news with the with Hunter Biden case.

Paul

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 9:33 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 9:26 pm
When I had a FFL..I'd tell people to say no. The ATF or gov't doesn't see 4473 forms .. dealers keep them and destroy them over time. I never even saw the ATF in 20+ yrs.
You forgot one little thing. You had a keep those records on hand, or at least I do here, for 10 years and ready to be handed over to BATF at any request.

In the event you give up your FFL you’re supposed to send them to ATF. That’s what they required me to do and those sale things were explained to me when I first got my FFL. I had a license for over 20 years as well and have been without for at least ten.

EDIT:
The log books were sent to them, NOT the 4473.

I can destroy the 4473 after ten years I believe.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 10:12 am

Hoytman wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 9:33 am
You forgot one little thing. You had a keep those records on hand, or at least I do here, for 10 years and ready to be handed over to BATF at any request.

In the event you give up your FFL you’re supposed to send them to ATF. That’s what they required me to do and those sale things were explained to me when I first got my FFL. I had a license for over 20 years as well and have been without for at least ten.

EDIT:

I can destroy the 4473 after ten years I believe.
Congress said they blocked the Feds from having a firearms registration...... but they didn't. All they did was keep the "registration" at all the FFLs so that the Feds could say they have no firearms registration. But, by law they can go through any of those records by just showing up at the FFL.

And I've heard the same from other FFL owners for many years. The books have to be turned over to Feds when the FFL terminates the business.

So, there actually is a firearms registration, without their officially calling it that.

Paul

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 11:06 am

Hoytman wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 9:33 am

EDIT:
Correct. Books sent to ATF. Good luck reading my handwriting I used for the book. Never heard back a peep. kek

I never saw the ATF in my >20yr FFL...I did get a visit from the Chicago police asking to see my books. I sold salty guns to cook county folks (salty guns illegal there in that county, not my county - I was not in Crook county). I kicked them right out and told them never to return. Never saw them again.

In Connecticut FFLs are supposed to, by state statute, send a form to the state police for every gun purchase. I sent them zero.

And for some of my regular customers, they would hand me cash and I would hand them the gun..no paperwork.

I never saved any paperwork...invoices, sales, etc...everything went in the shredder.

Sold a lot of those Streetsweepers when they cost me $150...Have no clue what they would cost to buy now...maybe 10 grand.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 3:41 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 10:45 pm
NY State has been running ads on You Tube to be safe and only buy NYS certified weed. They don't say what would be unsafe. Sounds like a scare tactic to get the tax money. NYS doesn't like competition when it comes to drugs and gambling. :baby:

Paul
Have you heard about the sticker stores?

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 4:19 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 3:41 pm
Have you heard about the sticker stores?
Nope.

Paul

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 4:38 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 4:19 pm
Nope.

Paul
So supposedly sticker shop sells bumper sticker. You get a promotional bag of weed to go with. Only pay regular tax and not the high weed tax.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 4:57 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 4:38 pm
So supposedly sticker shop sells bumper sticker. You get a promotional bag of weed to go with. Only pay regular tax and not the high weed tax.
I don't do weed. But do they have that sticker/tax thing for a bottle of Jameson ?

Paul

Return to “The Coffee House”