Declares War

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 1:59 pm

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 2:12 pm

exwoodburner wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 1:29 pm
Its rather funny watching this a year after it was published. This clown thought Russia amassing a military force along the Ukraine border was not about an invasion. "I think the Russian military deployments alongside the Ukrainian border at this moment are not about invading Ukraine."

Yeah, the Russians only put all that military equipment there because there was free parking. :lol:

Paul

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 2:22 pm

A year in and Putin has threatened us and other NATO countries with attacks each time we helped Ukraine. Show me where he has followed through on any of those threats. The worst he's done is hit Europe with a gas shortage. Meanwhile he's made it so that other countries are selling more gas. Checkmate !

As to Nukes, the man is not a total idiot. He knows there are a few NATO countries that can deliver a lot of nukes, too. Check out what the nuke policy called "MAD" means. It's why there has not been a nuke used in any of the many wars since 1945.

And with a military budget far less than ours, much less all NATO combined, Putin knows that Russia would be destroyed if he escalates to attacking NATO countries.

He may be crazy, but he's not stupid.

Paul

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 3:03 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 2:12 pm
Yeah, the Russians only put all that military equipment there because there was free parking. :lol:

Paul
I like that! :yes:

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 3:08 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 2:22 pm
A year in and Putin has threatened us and other NATO countries with attacks each time we helped Ukraine. Show me where he has followed through on any of those threats. The worst he's done is hit Europe with a gas shortage. Meanwhile he's made it so that other countries are selling more gas. Checkmate !

As to Nukes, the man is not a total idiot. He knows there are a few NATO countries that can deliver a lot of nukes, too. Check out what the nuke policy called "MAD" means. It's why there has not been a nuke used in any of the many wars since 1945.

And with a military budget far less than ours, much less all NATO combined, Putin knows that Russia would be destroyed if he escalates to attacking NATO countries.

He may be crazy, but he's not stupid.

Paul
It's the crazy part that bothers me. I'm worried he will grow impatient or the voices at home will become loud and he will decide to "test" a hypersonic low yield nuke in western Ukraine keeping most of the fallout in the Ukraine. He then gets his wish of a buffer zone with NATO.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 3:42 pm

Except there's a few glaring problems with that "buffer zone" idea. It's clearly false. Having a buffer zone to NATO was just an excuse to invade Ukraine.

If Putin captured Ukraine, either all or part, then it wouldn't be a buffer zone, he'd still have a part of Russia that is up against NATO countries.

Russia shares borders with other NATO countries and has not invaded them. Why not if getting NATO buffers is his goal ?

What he really wants is control of the Black Sea, plus the resource rich eastern half of Ukraine. That is why he was willing to stop fighting in Ukraine if he could keep just the eastern parts of Ukraine, which included Ukraine's oil fields and their entire Black Sea coastline with its many major exporting ports.

Paul

exwoodburner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Reading Chestnut
Other Heating: Natural Gas Forced Air Furnace

Post by exwoodburner » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:03 pm

Yea Hitler wanted all of Europe and possibly beyond for Lebensraum too. Good thing everyone didn't just sit around and let him roll in and take it.

c&t coal
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Chappee
Coal Size/Type: stove & nut
Other Heating: peerless oil boiler

Post by c&t coal » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:10 pm

Even in WW11 we were not involved until the attack on Pearl.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:21 pm

c&t coal wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:10 pm
Did the US know Pearl Harbor was going to get attacked before it happened?

c&t coal
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Chappee
Coal Size/Type: stove & nut
Other Heating: peerless oil boiler

Post by c&t coal » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:42 pm

We were pretty sure an attack was coming, just not sure when or where.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 5:10 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:21 pm
Did the US know Pearl Harbor was going to get attacked before it happened?
Yes,there is plenty of proof that the government and the military both knew the Japanese were going to attack us. As already stated, just not where or when. In some ways we were preparing for war with Japan starting back in the 1930's.

And even though war had not been officially declared by Congress, we'd had a few battles with German ships earlier in '41.

But if you study history, you'd know that at the start of WWII the US was still dealing with the effects of the depression, plus, after the horrors of WWI, many in control of the government were still pro-isolation. Plus, a lot of the public were also either pro-isolation, clueless, or in denial.

Paul

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 5:14 pm

c&t coal wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 4:10 pm
Actually, we were involved in some fighting the Germans early on in '41, just we had not "officially" declared war.

Paul

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 5:15 pm

exwoodburner wrote:
I always wonder if the outbreak of WWII would have been contained if the US wouldn't have sat on its hands for almost 3 years and watch Europe burn before deciding to get involved. You know like supply like-minded, peaceful countries with arms and equipment to fight back the invaders?
There would have been no need for the invasion in WWII if they would have taken care of Germany in WWI.

I wish I could find the exact quote, but it was during WWI that the Canadian General, Andrew McNaughton, was quoted as saying that if they didn’t take care of Germany that in less than 25 years they would be back at war with Germany…and he was right.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 6:35 pm

exwoodburner wrote:
Its rather funny watching this a year after it was published. This clown thought Russia amassing a military force along the Ukraine border was not about an invasion. "I think the Russian military deployments alongside the Ukrainian border at this moment are not about invading Ukraine."

I don't get what is so tough to understand here. Putin is a deranged sociopathic relic of the cold war still in love with the idea of the CCCP. Regardless of what domestic disputes between factions were going on internal to Ukraine, he crossed the border with his military and invaded a SOVEREIGN nation with the intent to capture portions and/or all of said nation. History repeats itself. Always. There is no deep state, NWO, conspiracy rhetoric going on here. Sociopath invades sovereign nation. Rest of world witnesses what has/is taking place and takes appropriate actions to see that sociopathic aggressor is contained. This is very tricky since the sociopath is a relic of the cold war still in love with the CCCP and had access to a large arsenal of nuclear weapons. There's really nothing more to it than that. I always wonder if the outbreak of WWII would have been contained if the US wouldn't have sat on its hands for almost 3 years and watch Europe burn before deciding to get involved. You know like supply like-minded, peaceful countries with arms and equipment to fight back the invaders?
You mean like NATO helping Ukraine?

exwoodburner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Reading Chestnut
Other Heating: Natural Gas Forced Air Furnace

Post by exwoodburner » Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 8:21 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Thu. Feb. 02, 2023 6:35 pm
You mean like NATO helping Ukraine?
Yes. Well not necessarily NATO per se but other countries in a much better spot that have an understanding and respect for another’s sovereignty. Ukraine obviously is not a member of NATO however most of the countries offering aid and arms are members of NATO. You get what I’m saying I think.

Return to “The Coffee House”