Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Aug. 02, 2022 3:54 pm

I have to send it back and they will replace it with a new one.... <sigh>

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 3:53 am

Well looks like this will be relatively painless. They sent me a shipping label I put on the original box that was shipped on Wed. and it arrived in their GA facility yesterday afternoon. Looking at my bill it says replacement imitated and if the shipping is the same as last time it will be from NJ and be here Mon.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 5:24 am

Sweetness!!

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 6:36 am

anthony7812 wrote:
Sun. Jul. 31, 2022 1:11 pm
This online gameplay and expansion stuff is fun but it is killing the story mode designs that made some the best games ever imo.
I think what is killing online gaming is cheating and the pursuit of money through micro transactions, especially if those transactions affect gameplay. It's no different than cheating IMO. Then there is these micro economies that have evolved where people are selling things for real money that can affect game play.

I started online gaming with Quake2 back in the late nineties but had to give it up because the cheating became so bad. As I recall it was 8 players max and I would not be surprised if there was 8 cheat bots running around killing each other on some games.

I also played the original Battlefield with the desert combat mod. Another one I have played extensively online is Rise of Nations to the point I was one of the top players but I strongly suspect the best players in that game had a resource cheat that gave them just a little edge which is all you would need if you were a really good player.

I know the consoles are more immune to it but I can't trust that I'm not being cheated so I really don't do the online thing anymore.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Aug. 08, 2022 9:06 pm

It's on the way and should be here tomorrow. :) Not happy about having to get it replaced but at least it was painless and fairly quick.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Aug. 09, 2022 4:34 pm

Out for delivery, should be here by 7PM..... <taps fingers on desk repeatedly>

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Aug. 09, 2022 4:44 pm

You are really hooked.
I have stayed away from marijuana because I might like it.
Seems gaming needs the same precaution.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Aug. 09, 2022 5:18 pm

franco b wrote:
Tue. Aug. 09, 2022 4:44 pm
You are really hooked.
I have stayed away from marijuana because I might like it.
Seems gaming needs the same precaution.
I've been hooked since the late 70's starting with coin operated games and the Atari 2600

Atari 2600
C64
NES
TurboGraphx-16*
Sega Genesis

Fell out of the console gaming from then on and was strictly PC gamer until I bought a ps4 a few years back. I specifically bought it for the hockey so my Cousin and I could play 1 on 1 on the couch and pretend it was 1990 for a few hours.

*TurboGraphx-16 was a little known system released before the hugely popular Sega Genesis. Why it never took off I don't know but it had significant capabilities beyond the Sega. I would imagine it was largely due to the game titles. The game cards were about the size of a credit card but a little thicker.

There was an optional add on that added 4 players connectivity, it had memory for saving games and RCA jacks for stereo output. It also had a predecessor to the game boy which used the same game cards.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Aug. 09, 2022 6:36 pm

We have success, strangely turning the TV on turned the PS5 on. I'll see you ladies in a few months.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Aug. 11, 2022 2:34 am

By the time I got everthing set up last night and downloaded Gran Turismo 7 it was time for bed..... Went to work yesterday morning, came home and went to bed early so I could finally play very early this morning.

Firs impressions. I like the older controllers, at least there physical size. The main hand grips are a little bigger on the ps4 controllers and I have big hands. It's minor complaint, overall there are pretty much the same but I'll get used to it. There is cool new feature where the triggers have feedback. On older controllers they are spring loaded so the "feedback" is constant, with these it can be variable which is pretty cool. For example the left trigger is the brake in GT7 and the harder you brake the harder the trigger is to pull just like it would be a on real car.

As far as the ps5 itself one thing I am impressed with is the loading speed for games. On the ps4 when playin a game like Gran Turismo you could be waiting 10 or 15 seconds for a track to load. With the ps5 it's pretty much instant. The graphics are of course much better than the p24 but I'm not overwhelmed either.

Anyhow back to GT7.....

Return to “The Coffee House”