Best Scam I Heard Yet

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Thu. Nov. 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Best reverse scam on marketers is "Lenny". Put that in YouTube search.

It is a series of recorded answers intended to dupe callers into thinking they are talking to a real person. A dodery talkative old man. Well done. Try it.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Thu. Nov. 23, 2017 9:08 pm

We tell people we expect calls from to let it ring lots of times and we will pick up. Most robocalls give up after 4 to 6 rings.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Thu. Nov. 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Geez, sounds like the Clinton Foundation! :lol: :whistle: ...body count :stfu:

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Thu. Nov. 23, 2017 10:38 pm

I get calls and when the guys says 15% after expenses, I tell him who agreed to those lousy terms, and he hangs up.

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Fri. Nov. 24, 2017 12:00 am

franco b wrote:
Thu. Nov. 23, 2017 9:03 pm
Best reverse scam on marketers is "Lenny". Put that in YouTube search.

It is a series of recorded answers intended to dupe callers into thinking they are talking to a real person. A dodery talkative old man. Well done. Try it.
I looked that up and it is absolutely hilarious. :lol:

Now all I have to do is find a voice activated device that will respond to a break in the conversation and record a similar loop.

I do something similar when I'm bored or when I just feel like getting back at them.

If I don't recognize the number or if its a foreign sounding voice that starts out really slaughtering my last name........... I pretend they just woke me up from a dead sleep.

They usually apologize, but always continue on with their pitch. I let them know that it's ok, and that I work nights and have to get up in another three hours anyway. Then after they give their pitch, I pretend that I dozed off and ask them to repeat it. If they keep trying I tell them to call me at 2 AM when I am getting ready for work or since I'm really interested could they give me their home number and I'll call them back between 1 and 2 AM. They finally give up when I start snoring while I'm talking. :D

Another favorite that I use when they are selling magazine suscriptions and go down the list asking which I'm interested in, I pick out about 10 to 20 of them.

When it comes to getting my credit card info, I tell them just a minute, when I get back on the line I ask them to bill the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare directly.

I explain that I really want all of these fine magazines and since I don't work, I have plenty of time to read. When they tell me they cant.......... I go on and on ......How about medicare? ....... Can I use my food stamps to buy them ?
I really want all of these!
I start sobbing and say ...... There must be some federal assistance program that you can bill? I might learn something and get a job if you can find an agency willing to fund them........... Eventually they just hang up. :lol:

Paulie

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Nov. 24, 2017 12:17 am

Since the scam and robo callers don't leave messages, my answering machine screens out all the calls I don't want.

With the cell phone, all the people I want to hear from are already programed in so that their name comes up. If I don't recognize a caller's number I don't answer it. If it's important they'll leave a message. If not, it's their time they wasted, not mine.

Paul

Pauliewog
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.

Post by Pauliewog » Fri. Nov. 24, 2017 12:18 am

This is my all time favorite telemarketer pay back. :lol:

https://youtu.be/s898wpcgcJM

Paulie

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Fri. Nov. 24, 2017 12:48 am

Richard S. wrote:
Thu. Nov. 23, 2017 8:56 pm
I say hold on, put the phone down and walk away. LOL
That makes me think about the skit where the customer is getting nowhere with the agent and asks to speak with his supervisor. He says ......... "Hold while I transfer " and in the background you hear Transfer .....Transfer... Transfer ....and the same guy gets back on the line. :lol:

Paulie

top top

Post by top top » Sun. Nov. 26, 2017 8:32 pm

All of these guys spoof the caller ID in some way trying to get you to answer. So if a stranger calls you with some great deal and the very first thing he does is deceive you, why would any fool send them money or give them any info? But apparently enough people do that they are still making money. The problem with not answering is the computer will keep trying. Same with immediately hanging up. It just causes them to step up their attempts. So I try to mess with them as long as possible. Now they hang up on me, usually immediately after I answer, and often before I answer. I'm guessing the computer program is learning, or maybe the scammers recognize my voice. lol

BTW, that Tom Mabe murder thing is great!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Dec. 02, 2017 6:02 am

Sunny Boy wrote: Since the scam and robo callers don't leave messages.....
They do here! One or two times a week I will have one go to voice mail & they leave a robo message!

I have started a "blacklist" on my smart phone. An app called "Calls Blacklist". With a click or two it adds any number to the list & no longer will it ring if they call. I have discovered that the calls come through ( hence the messages), I just don't hear it ring. Yes, it doesn't stop all of them as they spoof new numbers every day.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Dec. 03, 2017 11:31 pm

I dont bother asking cuz i got no way of knowing if its all BS anyway. They can tell you anything. My sister worked for one of these Scam outfits ,she quit cuz she knew it was pure BS, the whole outfit 100% scam.

Return to “The Coffee House”