Year round dog septic DIY Simple, Cheap.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Dec. 04, 2022 9:36 am

[media] [/media]

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Dec. 04, 2022 11:20 am

Man that is nasty. One reason why i could never have a dog. OR a cat. One job this american will never want to do. Perhaps what the homesteaders use would be less handling, messy and smelly.Bucket of sawdust. No smell,no liquid, every time you add to the bucket add 1 inch or more of sawdust over it.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Dec. 12, 2022 10:32 pm

I have a cat. It uses the toilet. Can't flush though.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Dec. 14, 2022 9:42 am

sawdust works better.
My friend Dave is a volunteer on the Appalachian trail. He can't taste or smell since he had a tracheotomy. He's the guy they get to move the compost from the large containers under the moldering privies. I have been 20 foot away and can't stand the smell. Every two yrs the compost is shoveled onto the mountain.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Dec. 14, 2022 9:52 am

lincolnmania wrote:
Wed. Dec. 14, 2022 9:42 am
sawdust works better.
My friend Dave is a volunteer on the Appalachian trail. He can't taste or smell since he had a tracheotomy. He's the guy they get to move the compost from the large containers under the moldering privies. I have been 20 foot away and can't stand the smell. Every two yrs the compost is shoveled onto the mountain.
I used sawdust/wood shavings when I had an incontinent Boxer that would crap several times a day in my garage. That was easy. A couple of drywall knives and right into a pail. Sprinkle little sawdust on top and done. The issue with the sawdust/compost concept in the dog area is all the rocks and still need to have a place to throw away or compost.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Wed. Dec. 14, 2022 11:33 am

ColdHouse wrote:
Wed. Dec. 14, 2022 9:52 am
I used sawdust/wood shavings when I had an incontinent Boxer that would crap several times a day in my garage.
I have a shop at a building with no water or sewer service. I keep a bucket of sawdust around just in case i need to go. Seems urine and sawdust are a good combination,absolutely no smell. The nitrogen speeds up composting. Once the bucket is full with damp sawdust it can be dumped in the woods. If i had pets id use sawdust instead of pet litter.

Return to “Pets”