Please Pray for My Dog and the Family

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Today I got a most tragic call from my wife that our loving 3 year old Dog was hit buy a chevy suburban . The man was nice and felt horrible and stayed with my wife and kids and Dog until I got home .

He is all our best friend . He is my coal stove buddy to and he also rides with me the 4 hours round trip to get coal . He goes everywhere with the family.

Here is a photo of him last week by the stove
image.jpg
.JPG | 127.9KB | image.jpg
And a photo of my youngest boy. You see Kodak (which is his name) is only 2 months younger than my oldest son. So they have grown up together .
image.jpg

Baby lay

.JPG | 108.6KB | image.jpg
And here is kodak as of 1930 tonight .
He is in the emergency hospital which is costing a lot of money. Let's just say so far getting close to what my glenwood 6 cost restored .
image.jpg

Hospital

.JPG | 159.1KB | image.jpg
And one more photo of him sleeping with his best friend , my oldest son. The two do everything together .
image.jpg
.JPG | 256.1KB | image.jpg
Right now kodaks left leg is broken in two places and he may lose it if he lives through the night . They don't think he has internal injuries but aren't 100% sure about his lungs because he is taking in air with them . He is on oxygen right now , he has broken one of his large teeth and is bleeding from his nose which they think is non internal . This was a hard day. I pray this pup makes it . He is very special to us and I'm not ready to lose him .

Josh
Last edited by Smokeyja on Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Josh......Stay As Loose As You Can......This One's Tough.......You've Done Well To Call The Shots You Have,Now Let's See How The Overnight Tells The Story.......Family....Kids....Pups.....No Lines Between The Three......Your The Old Man,Ya' Got Both Hands On The Wheel,And You've Driven Very Well Up To This Post. Thanx For Letting Us In For The Rest Of The Ride......Yeah,I Believe The "Old Man Upstairs" Listens To Prayers About Pups And Families.....You And Yours' Will Be In Mine Tonight........ :angel:

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:42 pm

What a nice PUP, keep us informed. Animals are truly amazing when it comes to surviving. My friend up the street has a 3 legged dog, the dog lost its leg when other dogs attached it. Runs great, just has a little trouble in reverse.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Hambden Bob wrote:Josh......Stay As Loose As You Can......This One's Tough.......You've Done Well To Call The Shots You Have,Now Let's See How The Overnight Tells The Story.......Family....Kids....Pups.....No Lines Between The Three......Your The Old Man,Ya' Got Both Hands On The Wheel,And You've Driven Very Well Up To This Post. Thanx For Letting Us In For The Rest Of The Ride......Yeah,I Believe The "Old Man Upstairs" Listens To Prayers About Pups And Families.....You And Yours' Will Be In Mine Tonight........ :angel:
Thank you for the kind words and the prayers . I am at peace with whatever happens but I sure am praying he makes it through. I am very thankful for the time I have had with this dog and the joy he has brought us . I am also thankful this stove needed no attending today and was able to keep on heating the house well after I normally load it back up .

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Welcome to Your Personal "Dump Zone" For This Mayhem Filled Monday Night Issue....Keep The Wagons Circled,And Keep Tabs On Your Mrs. And Kids Heads....They Really Had A Tough One Until You Got Home....You Did Good...We'll Ride This Out With 'Ya,And More Folks To Follow...Sierra And I Were Just A Couple Of First Responders Here....You May/May Not Be Surprised How Many Of The Fine Coal Board Folks Have You And Your Family's Backs On This One.....Tuck Your Bunch In,And See If You And Yours' Can Get A Little Peace And Sleep.....GoodNight,Mister !..Again,Nice Job ! :up:
Last edited by Hambden Bob on Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ky Speedracer
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Florence HotBlast NO.68 & Potbelly
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: HotBlast 1557M
Coal Size/Type: Ky Lump & Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Ky Speedracer » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Thoughts and prayers from me and my bud for your guy to pull through.

Attachments

image.jpg
.JPG | 160.6KB | image.jpg

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Hang in there Josh. I'll say a prayer for you all. I know its a rough thing to go through.

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 1:01 am

Thank you all for the kind words . I just wanted to pop in to give a update. It's 00:57 here now and the doctor called . Kodak is doing a lot better , not holding air on his lungs anymore but they are very bruised . He has 3 fractures in his leg but doesn't sound like its shattered which is good and he is responding more . I will call them in the morning . Back to sleep for me . I will chat more in the morning .

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 1:50 am

Thanks for the update Josh . Happy to hear Kodack is doing a little better. Just a note to let you know our family has you and yours in our prayers.
Like our state motto says ...." You got a friend in Pennsylvania"

Paulie

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 5:33 am

Prayers from my family to yours indeed Josh. I think I got Kodaks twin sister here on the hill my friend.

Attachments

IMG_0002.JPG
.JPG | 65.2KB | IMG_0002.JPG

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 6:02 am

Hang In There ! Already,I'm Seeing The "Coal Board Cavalry" Is Arriving On This One ! :up:

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 6:43 am

We wish Kodak and your family the best Josh, we know our lives would have less meaning without our Alfie,
alfie 001.JPG
.JPG | 150.6KB | alfie 001.JPG
another soul in need of love keep strong !

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 6:46 am

Hope Kodak is doing even better this morning. Dogs are tough. You are a good man to have taken him for such great and expensive care. We are all pulling for him!

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 8:41 am

I told my Roxxy about the accident. We are both concerned and hope Kodak will recover soon. You are in our thoughts.. :)

Attachments

IMG_48887931353141.jpeg
.JPEG | 140KB | IMG_48887931353141.jpeg

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Tue. Jan. 20, 2015 9:34 am

Hang in their Smoke, I had a best friend Dakota with much the same story except the one that hit him kept going. He ended up never getting full use of his front leg but used it to pull toys & such out of corners. They are very resourceful animals that know how to attach themselves to families hearts but they also give as much if not more love along the journey. You'll all be in our thoughts & prayers!

Return to “Pets”