Dogs?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Dec. 01, 2012 8:16 am

Now, anybody with horses, I suspect knows this, dogs love horse *censored* & when winter gets here I refer to it as POOP POPs--the other morning, the puppy, 6 1/2 months run in the house & dropped something in the corner. Pretty normal here on the farm & I figured it was just a normal poop pop until I saw it moving--the puppy got her FIRST critter--oh yeah, she was real proud of herself MOLE :clap: toothy

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 54.8KB | 001.JPG

JRDepew
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Post by JRDepew » Thu. Dec. 06, 2012 11:54 am

freetown fred wrote:Now, anybody with horses, I suspect knows this, dogs love horse *censored* & when winter gets here I refer to it as POOP POPs--the other morning, the puppy, 6 1/2 months run in the house & dropped something in the corner. Pretty normal here on the farm & I figured it was just a normal poop pop until I saw it moving--the puppy got her FIRST critter--oh yeah, she was real proud of herself MOLE :clap: toothy
Story of my two border collies' life....We have a horse pasture next door and when they go outside to take care of business they always end up in the pasture looking for a snack. Once the older one brought us back a nice horse apple and dropped it on the kitchen floor. I think he was telling us that there is free food next door and he thinks we should try it!!

The younger one was up near the pasture and wouldn't come when called (she is a female and I swear she is 5x harder to train and doesn't listen unless I am walking towards her). She found a mole and was just nosing it while it made strange noises. I went up there and we brought the mole into the woods and let it go. I'm surprised that she didn't hurt it!! That mole was shitting it's knickers though!!!!

Joe

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Thu. Dec. 06, 2012 1:23 pm

It ain't only horse manure, if they find a fiend of fresh spread cow poo they are in seventh heaven, not only all they can eat but they can roll in it as well. :nono: :eek2:

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Thu. Dec. 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Yep, my dog loves rolling in deer turds, and eating cat turds :sick:
I swear, somedays he is just trying to figure out how to do both at the same time. :fear:

JRDepew
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Post by JRDepew » Thu. Dec. 06, 2012 2:27 pm

It's amazing what they will and won't eat. They have no problem eating vomit or poop, but try and give them medicine and they refuse. I'm just glad that they don't go after the garbage, what a mess that would be :mad:

mikey55
Stoker Coal Boiler: key stoker ka6

Post by mikey55 » Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 2:03 pm

My dog (Harley) also loves to roll in the fresh cow poop. She will also get into trash once in a while. All this used to drive me nuts, but now that we may have to put her down it just does not seem so bad. Dam I will miss her. We have had a great 12 1/2 years from her.German Shepard mix from the local shelter. But hopefully the meds work and we can get are fun dog back. Just do not want to see her suffer. The boys do not understand why she does not want to play as much now. No energy seems sore or stiff not sure. Thanks for hearing my vent.

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Add Glucosimene to her diet. Just pick it up in capsule form, from your local Walmart or food store. Get it from the Human Vitamin's area.
Two capsules broken open and mixed in with our Lab/Shepard mix has done wonders for his 13 year old jionts.
Gotta put it on every meal, every day.
mikey55 wrote:My dog (Harley) also loves to roll in the fresh cow poop. She will also get into trash once in a while. All this used to drive me nuts, but now that we may have to put her down it just does not seem so bad. Dam I will miss her. We have had a great 12 1/2 years from her.German Shepard mix from the local shelter. But hopefully the meds work and we can get are fun dog back. Just do not want to see her suffer. The boys do not understand why she does not want to play as much now. No energy seems sore or stiff not sure. Thanks for hearing my vent.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 5:18 pm

[quote="009to090"][quote="mr1precision"]This is my new dog as of August. Shes a beagle Pit mix and smart as a whip.
I couldnt get the youtube deal to work but its worth a look shes funny as hell!

I think he got em'! hahaha hilarious vid , thanks

mikey55
Stoker Coal Boiler: key stoker ka6

Post by mikey55 » Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks 009 I will try it. She seems good today. Great dog.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 12:23 pm

freetown fred wrote:Now, anybody with horses, I suspect knows this, dogs love horse *censored* & when winter gets here I refer to it as POOP POPs--the other morning, the puppy, 6 1/2 months run in the house & dropped something in the corner. Pretty normal here on the farm & I figured it was just a normal poop pop until I saw it moving--the puppy got her FIRST critter--oh yeah, she was real proud of herself MOLE :clap: toothy
Don't forget the hoof clippings. :lol:

mr1precision
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Post by mr1precision » Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 12:47 pm

dcrane wrote:
009to090 wrote:
Ya, she loses more mole friends this way. They just don't want to play after a short while.... :shock:

Chiefcamper
Other Heating: Mitsubishi Split System Hyper Heat Pump, Jotul GF600DV FreeStanding Propane Fireplace

Post by Chiefcamper » Wed. Jan. 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Sorry for Your Loss,

I've owned one Coonhound, he was a big male redbone and went about 110 lbs. Very Dextrous, and Vocal, You gotta love that Music :)

Excellent Watchdog, but not exactly lethal, pretty sloppy jaws, (also slobbered a bit)

Very Tenacious, played rough, never gave up. Always trying to climb trees after anything that moved. (typical of the breed I think)

Like others have said, they need to run, they were bred to run for hours. If they don't get enough time and exercise outdoors, they get stressed. When they get stressed they get grumpy :)

Super Calm Quiet and Confident in Public, places like the vet, etc.

Walked Naturally on a leash always right at my side with a lttle slack.

I swear he was the best dog I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Return to “Pets”