Cool Dog Tricks

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 10, 2012 7:23 am

What's your dog do?

Molly my current dog has a few. She'll sit on command in front of me and I can lean over with a dog treat. She'll jump for it on command. Only bit me once, wasn't really a bite but our teeth clanked together.

The one I really like the most though is leaving somewhere and pretending to forget the dog."Hey you forgot your dog!" I'll call her and she'll effortlessly jump through the window. :D

My other dog who passed away a few years ago would sit up on command. Then I'd point my finger at her and go Bang! and she'd roll over and play dead. :lol: Everyone always liked that one.

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Tue. Apr. 10, 2012 8:25 am

Our dog can eat, followed by a longggg nap! Amazing! When he wakes up, he can go outside and do his "duty" with barely any verbal commands!
Anyone elses dog able to do these miraculous feets of trickery ?? ;)

Seriously, our dog has picked up on alot of 'sign-language' over the years. Just certain gestures that he has come to relate to a specific event.
For instance, if I close my PC, he jumps up in anticipation, because he realizes there may be a 50/50 chance I will be going out to the workshop. One of his favorite places to "Guard the compound".

Another one he picked up: If I want him to come here, I slap my thigh twice, and he comes running.
But then again, if I shake some dry food into his bowl, he comes running.... ;)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 10, 2012 10:39 am

009to090 wrote: When he wakes up, he can go outside and do his "duty" with barely any verbal commands!
I haven't seen my dog take dump in almost 2 years, she goes out in the woods somewhere. :D

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Tue. Apr. 10, 2012 11:40 am

If I put some beef gravy in the dog's food, in about 2 hours he himself can chase everyone out of the room without even getting up !!!!!!!
And then he will sorta pick his head up and I believe he is grinning at all of us. :nana: :blowup:

Rick

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Wed. Apr. 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Our dog knows almost before we do when we are going out and she has to go in her crate. If she isn't crated her "trick" is to eat lace curtains. Or anything lace.

When my youngest son was about 8, we had two 85 pound dogs. He saw a hockey face off on TV. So he called the two dogs, got them nose-to-nose, and dropped a hot dog between them. THEN you saw some tricks.

jkabdoors

Post by jkabdoors » Wed. Apr. 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Our Yorkie passed on Easter Sunday. Will come home in a small urn, what a trick sorry I saw this thread! Sorry everyone

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Apr. 11, 2012 8:36 pm

sorry about your pup jk--get yourselves another, the old pup don't want you to be miserable. :(

Blackrocks
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 insert
Coal Size/Type: Nut --- bagged

Post by Blackrocks » Wed. Apr. 11, 2012 9:20 pm

I put a small rubber ball on the floor between her ( Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ) and me, then hold up my hand , about a foot away and say the ready, set, GO! thing and we both lunge for it. Sometimes I hold off on the go, for so long that she starts bouncing up and down on her front feet but she wont jump till she hears the go word. I used to let her win sometimes just to keep up her interest in the game ,but our rolls have completely switched. Meanwhile the old Cocker ( she's 14 ) lays in her special chair looking down at us ,shaking her head. ( like..... what a waste of energy....they could be chasing cats. )

Rick

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Apr. 12, 2012 7:04 am

Blackrocks wrote:I put a small rubber ball on the floor between her ...
Reminds me of my dog with the laser light, we call it the crack light because she loves it so much. Her whole damn ass will wag with her tail even when she sees the pointer. She's part Springer Spaniel and they do that too. It's the only time she does it.

If you mess with her enough she'll eventually lay down and you can get the laser light right up between her two forepars. She'll be looking downward and almost backwards with her ass going a hundred miles an hour.

Return to “Pets”