Canine Tooth Removal

qbwebb

Post by qbwebb » Thu. Aug. 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Does anyone know the going rate for a canine tooth removal? Our 9yr old jack russell broke his upper canine tooth trying to bite his way out of a metal crate, the vet said $1500 for a root canal that might not work or $700 for extraction. Thanks

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Thu. Aug. 04, 2011 9:36 pm

qbwebb wrote:Does anyone know the going rate for a canine tooth removal? Our 9yr old jack russell broke his upper canine tooth trying to bite his way out of a metal crate, the vet said $1500 for a root canal that might not work or $700 for extraction. Thanks
That seems awfully high. We had to have 3 teeth removed from our Akita a few years ago and the total bill was $300. He too was trying to escape from a metal cage. I'd definetly call around before I paid that for a small dog like a Jack Russell. Good luck, Lisa

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post by SuperBeetle » Fri. Aug. 05, 2011 6:42 am

Those darn cages seem to be a problem. Tank almost died when he was around a year old when he got his mouth stuck on the bars. I had to disassemble the cage in order to free him. He had a blue tongue and blue lips. He never spent anymore time in there after that.
I would agree that is a very high price to pull a tooth.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Fri. Aug. 05, 2011 9:02 am

We paid $800 for an extraction ......... on a cat!

Welcome to MA! :sick: :mad:

$300 of that was for an ultrasound of his heart. Vet heard a murmur, so they said they needed to be sure he wasn't going to die on the operating table.

Return to “Pets”