Antiques Road Show

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Jul. 12, 2015 10:11 am

Just thought I'd throw this out to anyone that collects. If you ever get the chance to go to one IMO it's well worth it, they don't do many shows a year & they are widely spread across the country. Tickets are free (limit of two) & each can take two items, a lot of standing in line but you meet nice people & learn a bit. We went over to Cleveland yesterday & were pleasantly surprised by three items & the forth was so-so. But a fun time but it is some standing & waiting but all in all it moves quickly for the number of people. :D

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 12, 2015 10:19 am

Sounds like ya had a nice day trip SH. :)

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Sun. Jul. 12, 2015 6:50 pm

I would enjoy a day trip like that.... Thanks for posting it.

Do they have a schedule listed for upcoming destinations? What is involved in getting the tickets?

Paulie

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Jul. 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Paulie, my wife naturally took care of all that but I do know they have a web site & they do several locations a year. As I understand it it's a luck of the draw for free tickets, Cleveland gave out 6,000 tickets & each person could take two items. They have so many people coming in per hour & all in all it goes pretty fast, they have it down to a science. The appraisers all have different areas of expertise & have seen most things before. I spent the most time at the jewelry guy because I had a ring from White Tower Hamburgers that was given for forty years service. He had never seen one & couldn't find one on the computer, not worth a million but not too bad for getting it for free. :D

Return to “Travel, Adventure & Places of Interest”