Little League Food and Beverage Donation Drive!

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Wed. Jun. 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Hello my fellow Nutmeggers!

Please allow me to indulge your charitable side for just a minute.

As a volunteer for the Derby Little League, I often see how economically depressed our town is. Financial difficulties can be found everywhere if you look hard enough, even nearby Greenwich has pockets of abandoned homes. However, Derby has little opportunity for growth or renewal due to its small land area. This makes the lives of our youngest citizens difficult and can be seen statistically by reviewing government and school system data. The need for school lunch subsidies grows with every passing year. For some children, Little League attendance provides needed relief away from home.

On behalf of my fellow volunteers, please consider making a food or beverage donation. We especially need K-Cups for our new Keurig machine. Any flavor would be appreciated. We are in the planning stages to remodel our concession stand. I believe in giving people the tools to fish with, not just teaching them how to fish. A remodeled and upgraded concession stand will help generate money and help Derby Little League to be self-sufficient. Please mail any packages to Derby Little League 55 Nutmeg Ave Derby CT 06418.

Thank you!

Return to “Travel, Adventure & Places of Interest”