Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Mon. Sep. 16, 2013 6:46 pm

JJ, check your pm's

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Katie and I did a part of the Appalachian Trail last fall. We intended to go to screw Auger Falls at Gulf Hagas but a bad storm the night before made the river crossing treacherous so we turned left and went up over Chairback Mountain and on to East Chairback Pond. It was late October and well past the time of the through-hikers so we were alone, but still a nice hike. I am not sure what to say about it except...the lake was beautiful. I'll leave a picture so you guys can come up with what ever you feel is a better description.

Another nice hike, not part of the AT but close by, is Borestone Mountain. I got pictures at the top, but it was so foggy that day we could not see much. That is located in one of my favorite towns in Maine: Monson!

We stayed in Millinockett, but found The River Driver's Restraunt to be exceptionally nice. We went a bit too late, hitting it after sunset so we did not get to see the lake and mountain in light, but the food...I would nearly give my 1st born child for another plate of it. We thought we were over-dressed, but that was not the case at all, and probably our newest favorite date-night restaurant.
DSCN2432.JPG
.JPG | 143.8KB | DSCN2432.JPG

Return to “Travel, Adventure & Places of Interest”