Vacation Property.

NJJoe

Post by NJJoe » Thu. Mar. 12, 2015 9:50 am

wsherrick wrote:I live in Pike County, PA. I like the mountains, it reminds me of back home. I love my house.
What I DON'T like about it is that it's too close to New York and Jersey. Many of the people that live here came from those places and they brought the uncouth, vulgar, rude, pushy, "I'm from New York," total lack of culture and refinement with them. They say that in the store and every where else they shove their way into. Like everybody else is supposed to be somehow impressed that they came from that crap hole. I respond with, "Make both of us happy; Move the hell back from where you came."
I know city people are scared of the dark, but; please, please stop driving with your high beams in everyone else's face.

Look in Tioga County or in that general vicinity. It's far enough away from the cities that you shouldn't be bothered by them. One thing you might be careful about is where there might be a lot of fracking activity.
You said it. Im originally from Bergen county NJ and NJ has a pretty bad reputation. I cant really say it is entirely undeserved. I live in NH now and like the people here better, as well as less criminal element.

Logs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Mon. Mar. 16, 2015 10:29 am

If you want beautiful countryside, and beautiful friendly people, why not go a little farther south toWILD WONDERFUL WEST VIRGINIA ! A little south of Bedford Pa. There are deals to be had. I own 25 acres of timberland in Monongalia county, about 15 miles east of Morgantown. Land is a little hilly, good for quad trails. I have a small cabin and equipment shed.. When I bought property about 25 years ago my taxes were 83.00 per year. In 25 years they have gone up to 150.00 per year. I love it down there, people are great. Good luck with your search
Dave

Logs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite
Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Mon. Mar. 16, 2015 10:42 am

I forgot to mention, it is legal to rude you quad on any road that does not have lines painted if you carry insurance in quad. Most roads near me don't have lines. You can go from town to town on 4 wheeler doesn't get much better than that. Oh, and I am west of Morgantown. Close to wet zeal county . Try Blue mountain realty. Good luck

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Mon. Mar. 16, 2015 11:06 am

Sullivan County Pa is full of what you may be looking for. Hop on realtor website and try looking any radius around zip 18616. The loyalsock is where its at my friend.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Mar. 18, 2015 10:10 pm

EarthWindandFire wrote:Hmm, what about Lake Scranton that I see people posting pictures of?

I could buy a really cheap house in Scranton, just sleep and eat at the house, but travel to the lake everyday.
The mortgage is the easy part the real estate taxes will bankrupt you. Someone has to pay to support that corruption.

Return to “Travel, Adventure & Places of Interest”