New Jersey Videos!

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Fri. Sep. 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Dan757! You are a straight shooter.

This thread was intended to be a place to post videos about NJ in the New Jersey forum. Theres another valid and mature thread in this section to discuss what this has degenerated into. Here's a simplified road map, links in other words, to help disoriented members find their way on this diversified forum: **Broken Link(s) Removed** Your Community links one to the forum section that includes the states that the Mayor had the foresight to identify as extended members of the NEPA community. This is but one area listed in the various sections comprising the Board Index that sprang from participants that came here to talk coal.

In the mid 80's I once did a simple calculation of what the benefits would be for me to move a mere 20 minutes one-way trip west into PA. Now, hear me clearly, I NEVER bash people no matter where they live. It is a basic tenet of USA's freedom to be able to live where one wants to in this great country and, yes, say what they will about it. Having said that, back to my calculation. I was prompted to do this assesment because of all my friends that moved west to PA to take advantage of the real-estate disparity at the boarder area at that time. It bought them more land and/or bigger digs for the money. At that time the cost to me for the added round trip time 5 days a week was nearly an ENTIRE YEAR, 24X7, OF MY LIFE :shock: That didn't include round trips for OT at the NJ manufacturing job I still have after three and a half decades or visiting family. 365 x 24 hours in a vehicle. I could still drive my junk - never had nor needed anything shy of 10 -20 yrs old. It's nice stuff to have now but not necessary. I spent the difference on time with my kids as they grew up because I was home with them and my wife for another 40 minutes a day. What's that worth in $s? I couldn't find the variabls for that equation. These are just a few of the cost the comuting NJ emigrants are willing to spend to keep their jobs in NJ. I've added up what those friends have 'saved' by the move. I didn't buy it. It's not what you think, more like pay me now or pay me later and with what type of wampum. I'm either lucky or, well, I've been blessed no matter where it goes from here.

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sun. Sep. 25, 2011 1:33 pm

For the interested parities, I considered moving the conversations above to the appropriate thread as the posts have continued to drift from the thread topic. I'll keep the post above in this thread unless there's an expressed whish to move them.

I have moved subsequent posts to the appropriate thread and appreciate that if there's an interest, please continue it here:
Thanks

stokersmoker

Post by stokersmoker » Sun. Sep. 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you. But you still spelled wish wrong. LOL!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Sep. 25, 2011 4:50 pm

I lived in Jersey for 22 years. I'd never go back!
-Amen brother. Ran out of Bergen County 17 years ago and will never go back. It gives me the creeps just to drive there. Jersey Shore glamorous? Well I suppose you could think that if say you liked Margaret Ramsey (Momma ,in Throw Momma From The Train).

Return to “Travel, Adventure & Places of Interest”