Monthly Bills - Stop the Bleeding

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Mar. 29, 2020 2:18 pm

I remember my grand father or maybe it was my uncle grounding one of those crystal radios to the chrome finger stop on their then fancy rotary dial telephone.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Jun. 15, 2020 1:16 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Fri. Mar. 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Rob.
I am buying from one of the independent local dealers, who just happens to have the lowest price on pro-pain. Still way too expensive. For the three months of Summer when the coal range is out, if I'm just cooking for me, I use a one-burner electric hot-plate, or one of those electric skillets. Saves me a lot not having to use the pro-pain kitchen stove.

Paul
Do you have a rough idea of how much propane you use anually?

Recently when I was at the hardware store I saw someone getting a 40 lb cylinder filled. He said they only used propane for cooking, and got tired of the expense from the propane suppliers. Might be something to consider if you don't use much.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Mon. Jun. 15, 2020 4:06 pm

The worst financial mistake anyone can make is the 30 year mortgage. This was created by the Devil himself. :bang:

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Mon. Jun. 15, 2020 7:15 pm

EarthWindandFire wrote:
Mon. Jun. 15, 2020 4:06 pm
The worst financial mistake anyone can make is the 30 year mortgage. This was created by the Devil himself. :bang:
If you get a 15 year mortgage the payments will naturally higher & at time of moving into house you need some cash for things like curtains etc. get the 30 year & after 1 or 2 years add to the principal each month & put as much as you can each month & you will be surprised how fast it comes down.bought in 78, interest rate 10%, paid off in 14 years.i realize everyone cant do it but its a plan.

Return to “Money & Finance”