Holding Stocks Through Election

qbwebb

Post by qbwebb » Tue. Sep. 20, 2016 10:46 pm

I know you can't time the market but I am sitting on a rather large % of my 401k rolled over into an IRA that has been on the sideline for ..gulp...about a year. It seems like the major market crashes always happen with the president change over. Savings and Loan with Clinton, .com with Bush, housing collapse with Obummer.

Is anyone sitting on the sidelines through the election waiting for the next crash? Seems to me the unsophisticated man's strategy is to keep $ on the sideline until all major media outlets have been running financial armageddon stories for a few weeks then buy all the bargain safe stocks you can afford.

If anyone was under the illusion things are different in the banking regulatory environment from 2008 just read about Well's Fargo...more government asleep at the wheel as usual.

RRBoy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 254
Coal Size/Type: Sometimes you feel like a nut.....

Post by RRBoy » Mon. Oct. 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Anyone who still has $$$ in the 'stock market' is nuts. The only way they go up from here is if we Go Zimbabwe, OR have another round of Quantitative Easing....(RICH BANKERS PRINTING THEMSELVES MONEY)

I have had my 401K money in Mining Stocks since last december. Even with the recent blatant manipulation during CHINA'S GOLDEN WEEK NATIONAL HOLIDAY, I am still up over 100% for the year...

Look at the YTD for Fidelity Select Gold Fund among others. Miners are getting ready to pop again.
Last edited by RRBoy on Mon. Oct. 24, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Mon. Oct. 24, 2016 3:57 pm

So what do you suggest ?

RRBoy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 254
Coal Size/Type: Sometimes you feel like a nut.....

Post by RRBoy » Mon. Oct. 24, 2016 4:05 pm

I like HECLA Mining as an individual stock.

JNUG, a levered 3X ETF through Direxion has been huge for me in the last year, I'm out now, but soon to be back in.....it's not for the faint of heart....it was up over 500% earlier this year....

I like physical precious metals too. Silver is the real bargain with the Gold Silver ratio above 70:1.

Return to “Money & Finance”