Shark Tank.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. Aug. 14, 2015 4:27 pm

I think I've become obsessed with the show. My favorite is Barbara Corcoran.

Any other "Shark Fans" here?

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Aug. 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Yaaaa, I watch it & enjoy it.

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Fri. Aug. 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Even though I think Mr. Wonderful is a dick they have all been very successful and you cannot take that away from them. What I find very interesting is the different angles that all approach a prospective with. Some know marketing, some production, some both. I learn more watching them than the what the inventors are pitching most times.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Aug. 15, 2015 2:03 am

So the OP is "all in" regarding that show? LOL

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Mon. Aug. 17, 2015 1:38 am

I recently received a patent for an invention I've come up with. Thought about Shark Tank, but don't think they would be interested. They appear to be more interested in little trinket things they can have mass produced, cheap. If I were to go on the show, it would be for the publicity.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Aug. 17, 2015 2:43 am

oliver power wrote:I recently received a patent for an invention I've come up with. Thought about Shark Tank, but don't think they would be interested. They appear to be more interested in little trinket things they can have mass produced, cheap. If I were to go on the show, it would be for the publicity.
Another inventor on the forum !

Odd, they never say the retailer that's gold --- Walmart. Walmart are a bunch of whinny little girls but I guess that they can be.

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Mon. Aug. 17, 2015 5:02 am

Having delivered to WalMart's incoming facilities I can say they are a right PITA. Well organized but still.

scalabro
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.

Post by scalabro » Mon. Aug. 17, 2015 8:08 am

If your product or service gets chosen to be on the show, you must sign away a percentage of any profits your company will make, permanently.

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Mon. Aug. 17, 2015 9:01 pm

scalabro wrote:If your product or service gets chosen to be on the show, you must sign away a percentage of any profits your company will make, permanently.
I did not know that. I Thank You for that information. My Patent Attorney doesn't like the show.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Aug. 18, 2015 1:00 am

oliver power wrote:I recently received a patent for an invention I've come up with. Thought about Shark Tank, but don't think they would be interested. They appear to be more interested in little trinket things they can have mass produced, cheap. If I were to go on the show, it would be for the publicity.
I think Shark Tank wants to make a lot of money fast. You may have something that may make a nice little income for you and your family but not the big bucks those guys want, or maybe you have something that can make you a lot of money.

I still can’t get over the fact that someone said “I am going to take water and put it in a bottle and sell it” and we buy it! Why drink that all but free stuff that flows nonstop from the faucet when you can buy it for about the same price as gasoline, and it comes with an expiration date. You wont find that with tap water.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Tue. Aug. 18, 2015 10:06 am

I believe Mark Cuban actually demanded several changes to the show and contracts.

"The show initially required each contestant to sign an agreement with Finnmax, the producer of Shark Tank, promising Finnmax the option of taking a "2 percent royalty" or "5% equity stake" in the contestant's business venture. However, in October 2013, this requirement was repealed by the network, retroactively, due to pressure from panel member Mark Cuban. Cuban felt the requirement would lower the quality of the entrepreneurs, as savvy investors would be wary of trading away a portion of their company just for appearing on the show. A number of participants have declined to appear on the show for this reason."

Return to “Money & Finance”