New Job

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 6:27 am

michaelanthony wrote:
SWPaDon wrote:I've never had one of those.

But, my BIL has over 1 year of personal time saved up where he works.
Talk him into using it, or a good chunk reason why is my dad had accumulated over a yr of time as well but died at age 51 :(
There's no way he will use it, especially after seeing first hand what is happening to me. I've been off work with an injury for almost 6 months now.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 7:59 am

Flyer5 wrote:Congratulations on the new job.
DITTO, real classy of the small job boss lady holding up the ref. :roll:

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 8:11 am

SWPaDon wrote:
michaelanthony wrote: Thanks Don, I haven't had a job with cumulative personal time in 7 yrs. I will like this.
my BIL has over 1 year of personal time saved up where he works.
Lots of places now cap how much time you can save up. My employer limited it to 400 hours, then it was use it or lose it. They didn't want the $10/hour worker saving time then cashing it in after a few years when he was making $20.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 9:13 am

Just noticed your post and congrats! This is a win-win with the Hospital getting a great cook who just happens to be a very nice, smart guy.
The Hospital gets to have many more satisfied patients, and that is a wonderful thing....and you can still keep the former employer happy. Long hours seem to suit you; no one ever called you lazy!!!!
It sure pays to keep your eyes open, especially when the job market is tight. This is terrific news for you and your family.....5 years of patiently waiting payed off for a change!
You know that a stoker may be in your future, and I've seen a couple that had your name on them....... :idea: :idea: :!: :dancing:
Last edited by whistlenut on Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 9:42 am

Congratulations Mike !!!! I really think you will like that 3 day work schedule. With four days off in a week, it gives you time to get things done around the house, plus some well deserved relax time.

Paulie

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 6:31 pm

SWPaDon wrote:There's no way he will use it, especially after seeing first hand what is happening to me. I've been off work with an injury for almost 6 months now.
I hope the recovery is short lived. 2 winters ago I had major foot surgery then this yr. I was laid off for 6 months, all total I put on fifty lbs-270ish lbs. ouch!
KingCoal wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Congratulations on the new job.
DITTO, real classy of the small job boss lady holding up the ref. :roll:

Last year I got a p/t job in another restaurant and she changed my schedule in order to sabotage my other job and if I was single I would have quit...she is a control freak and now I am in control so I will be telling her when I can work and she will need to train the 3 new 20 yr old kids how to cook her menu.
whistlenut wrote:Just noticed your post and congrats! This is a win-win with the Hospital getting a great cook who just happens to be a very nice, smart guy.
The Hospital gets to have many more satisfied patients, and that is a wonderful thing....and you can still keep the former employer happy. Long hours seem to suit you; no one ever called you lazy!!!!
It sure pays to keep your eyes open, especially when the job market is tight. This is terrific news for you and your family.....5 years of patiently waiting payed off for a change!
You know that a stoker may be in your future, and I've seen a couple that had your name on them....... :idea: :idea: :!: :dancing:
Thanks for the kind words Doug...this fall would be a great time for some smoked beef ribs!
Pauliewog wrote:Congratulations Mike !!!! I really think you will like that 3 day work schedule. With four days off in a week, it gives you time to get things done around the house, plus some well deserved relax time.

Paulie
Thanks Paul, I'm shooting for 6 or 7 days/ wk between the 2 jobs and will chill when the weatherman say's "chill"

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Tue. Jun. 16, 2015 6:46 pm

You can count on me coming up. I like you work ethic, and it probably sounds strange to the guys down below...but it is not a 12-month economy where you are. we work out butts off and then take it a little easier when Mutha Nature shows us who REALLY is boss. It is Motorcycle Week at Loudon/Laconia, and the State Police are everywhere, as well as local PD's. Rain Sat, Sun, Mon(light) and downpours this PM. 4 wheels are fun also. A/C ain't so bad on a 90 degree day sitting on a highway and not moving.... Enjoy some measure of control in your life, you deserve it! :up:

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Wed. Jun. 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Congrats, MA, on the new gig. Sounds like a lot of hours if you stay part time at the old place. If the old place shuts down for the Winter, you'll have some nice down time on your off days.

I've had former bosses give bad or indifferent references. Even with 5 or 6 weeks notice and performing near the top of their people. It's usually a department or regional type that is pissed off that they had to find or train someone new. If you won't stay and be exploited or abused, then you're NDG.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Thu. Jun. 25, 2015 7:01 am

hank2 wrote:Congrats, MA, on the new gig. Sounds like a lot of hours if you stay part time at the old place. If the old place shuts down for the Winter, you'll have some nice down time on your off days.
I've had former bosses give bad or indifferent references. Even with 5 or 6 weeks notice and performing near the top of their people. It's usually a department or regional type that is pissed off that they had to find or train someone new. If you won't stay and be exploited or abused, then you're NDG.

Thanks hank2, my neighbor is friends with all the maintenance guys and told me to go shake some hands...he said when it snows on your time off report to the hospital for snow removal duty, all overtime! :)

"My boss posted a job for dishwashers and after they worked for a few hours told them she wanted to make them cooks :nono: a couple of them quit and the 2 remaining are scared teenagers. Now she's just as scared!

Return to “Money & Finance”