State Way Too Expensive

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 8:38 am

[quote="lsayre"]Among the States close enough to anthracite ground zero to be considered within the "potential for anthracite burning" region, New Hampshire is supposed to have the overall lowest tax burden.[/quote]

When I lived in northern Mass. on the New Hampshire border we would go to New Hampshire for consumer goods because of the no sales tax but they would supplement that with a property tax that was 4 to 5 times what it was in Mass.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:04 am

^^^ And a 8% meals tax ... so don't stop for lunch while picking up that new lawn tractor, washing machine, dryer, 3 cases of liquor, and air conditioner ... :D

My "wants" column hasn't existed in quite some time. When it did, I didn't have time to enjoy them. Can't win, but that's life for ya.

It seems a large portion of my income ends up in one form or another going straight to the state of MA ..... :mad:

Trust me Doug - Lucky for me, I've lived out west before for a couple years. It's AMAZING the stresses of life that are lifted off your shoulders! Instead of $75 for a title, it's $4. Instead of driving across the shittiest parts of the state, dodging morons like a bumper-car track at a carnival, just to get your car insured .... then, another 30 minute drive straight through hell to stand in line for 3 hours at the REGISTRY to get your friggin plates ...... In AZ & CA, the plates are bolted to the car as it rolls off the assembly line. To register it, you just make a SIMPLE 3 MINUTE PHONE CALL to an insurance company, and VOILA! You drive the car home from the seller's house. No illegally attached plates charges and fines!

NO worrying about salt destroying your investment in 3 years ... no worrying about passing the gestapo once a year to get your "good boy" sticker in the windshield that allows you to pass MA stormtroopers without another TAX .... people are FRIENDLY ... roads are SMOOTH and STRAIGHT, and the state government actually respects your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS (not CA .... AZ only in that regard ...). I was never happier than those 2 years!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:09 am

Why did you leave AZ?

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:11 am

Same reason I left CA - ran out of money & ways to get it ... legally. :(

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:40 am

What the hell SMITTY, our supplemental crop did outstanding this year ;)

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:43 am

:lol: Only place I could do that out west was on federal land .... :shock: :o :shock: :out:

Guess I should explain the story a bit ... I ended up crashing my motorcycle in CA. Had no money to pay the bill, so it went to collection. Was out of work for a week, which set me back BIG time on bills - CA is just like MA in that regard - they can never get enough of your money ....

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:45 am

Ya mean THAT land we keep payin taxes on?????????????? Sooooo, you actually mean OUR land ;)

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Jan. 12, 2014 9:47 am

Bureau of Land Management .... we pay taxes on it, but can't use it unless your a treehugger. No motorized recreation allowed. :roll:

Return to “Money & Finance”